Gold Armour XL Double Parachute Camping Hammock
Last updated date: May 11, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Camping Hammocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Camping Hammock you should buy.
In our analysis of 337 expert reviews, the Gold Armour Gold Armour XL Double Parachute Camping Hammock placed 14th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Camping Hammock for a detailed review of all the top camping hammocks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute Why Gold Armour? Our camping hammock is a double hammock rather than single hammock. Compare to the other camping hammocks, it's not only larger but also feels soft and comfortable. Luxuriously sized, measuring 125 in x 79 in (10.4 ft x 6.58 ft) XL. Key Features Tree straps: Two hammock tree straps 10 Feet Long (20 Ft Total) Tree Friendly, 16 Attachment Loops (32 Total), 500+ lbs Per Strap (1000+ lbs Total) with No-Stretch Heavy Duty Triple Stitched Seams. Carabiners: The edge of our Carabiners are flat and smooth, but others are sharp. Top Quality: Gold Armour products are produced by our factory which has produced many hammocks for international brands. Our hammocks our very well made and are of the same quality (and in some instances even higher quality) as some of those much higher cost brands. Material And Processing Characteristics: The hammock is made of super strong parachute nylon material. So it's very lightweight. This soft, breathable and mildew-resistant nylon cloth will last for a long lifetime. We have employed high-grade nylon triple interlocked stitches to maximize hammock strength for your ultimate safety. The hammock are tested to hold up to 500 pounds. Gold Armour XL Double Camping Hammock camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute EXTRA LARGE SIZE This double camping hammock fits 2 people, you can lay down with your friend or loved one and you will still have plenty of room. FAST & EASY SETUP Unfolds from included stuff sack in just seconds. Includes two heavy duty carabiners and two tree straps that make setting this up both fast an extremely simple for even the most novice user! ULTRALIGHT & COMPACT Stuff sack is conveniently sewn right into the camping hammock so you never lose it. SUPER STRONG Unique strap design has breaking strength of 1000 lbs! Twice as strong as most competitors hammock. camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute NYLON MATERIAL Premium 210T nylon rip-stop fabric, very breathable and comfortable. STRENGTH Large weight capacity can easily hold 2 people. TRIPLE STITCHING Triple stitching for way stronger support. camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute Lots of colors to choose from. Black / Yellow Camouflage / Pink Fuchsia / Pink Lime Green / Gray Orange / Black camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute Black / Gray camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute Gray / Sky Blue camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute Green / Green camping hammock, camping hammocks, camping hammock double, camping hammock parachute Khaki / Dark Green USA Brand Gold Armour USA Based Brand for Superior Service and Support We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA and design all our products here. This allows us to provide the best service possible to our customers so you can rest easy knowing we will take good care of you time after time. Designed in USA USA Based Support Team Family Owned Company Supporting US Families Confidence in High Quality Products Superior Quality Control 5% of Our Profits Goes to Planting More Trees and Restoring Forests Around the Globe, and Helping Children in Need *****CHECK OUT OUR OTHER AWESOME PRODUCTS BELOW THAT THAT WILL GO PERFECTLY WITH YOUR HAMMOCK*****
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Camping Hammocks
There’s nothing more relaxing than spending time in the great outdoors. Whether you’re planning a beach retreat or a camping trip in the woods, you’ll want a comfortable hammock to lounge around in. Perhaps you’d like to gently swing while reading a good book or take a nap while listening to the nearby waves. As you shop for the perfect camping hammock, you’ll want to keep the following in mind:
Determine whether you’re looking for a single hammock or a double. A double is ideal for couples or a parent who wants to lounge with their child. Next, you need to add up how much weight you need the hammock to bare. Some are only capable of holding 400 pounds, while others are designed to hold up to 1,000 pounds. If you’re on the tall side, you’ll also want to look for a hammock that measures about 10.5 feet long and 6.5 feet wide.
Check the fabric next. Most hammocks, including the Wise Owl Outfitters 210T Parachute Nylon Hammock, are now made from a heavy-duty 210T parachute nylon, which is both breathable and comfortable. They feature a triple-stitching setup that adds to the strength of the hammock and eliminates fraying.
Consider how well the camping hammock folds up. You want it to be lightweight and portable so that you can toss it in your backpack and go. The Kootek Lightweight Nylon Parachute Hammock single model folds up as small as a grapefruit. If you need the double model, you’ll only take up as much space in your backpack as an eggplant. As an added bonus, the hammock comes with its own carrying case that is attached to the hammock itself.
Look at the hammocks accessories and make sure that the hammock can be set up quickly and easily. The Anyoo Single Cotton Outdoor Hammock comes with steel carabiners and two wide straps with steel rings. Even novice users can have this hammock set up in minutes.
Finally, choose a color. Although some models come in just two color choices, others have as many as 17. That means you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a camping hammock in a desirable shade that also matches your tent and other camping gear.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know there’s a National Hammock Day? It occurs on July 22 each year. Below are a few more fun facts about this handy invention.
- The Ancient Mayans are credited with the invention of the hammock. They constructed them from the fibers of the hammock tree, which is how they got their name.
- The first mention of a hammock in print is in the journal of Christopher Columbus.
- The world’s largest hammock is 42 feet long and can hold as much as 8,000 pounds.
- Neuroscientists at the University of Geneva discovered that individuals who sleep in a hammock enjoy a deeper sleep. They also fall asleep faster than individuals who sleep on a traditional mattress.
The Camping Hammock Buying Guide
- Camping in the great outdoors is a lot of fun, but it can be quite dirty. You’ll most likely need to clean your hammock when you return home from your trip. After you remove the carabiners, you can toss the hammock in the washing machine. Choose the cool water and delicate cycle settings and add a little bit of mild detergent. Air-dry the camping hammock on a clothesline and you’re all set.
- Never wash your hammock with other items and avoid using fabric softener, bleach or other harsh chemicals in the machine when washing a hammock.
- Camping hammocks tend to come with their own storage bag. Before you put the hammock away for the winter, however, you’ll want to spray it with a protective spray. This stops mold and mildew from growing and keeps critters from using your hammock as a nest.
- You won’t find much variation in price among the camping hammocks, as they are all made out of the same material. Just be careful that you are comparing single hammocks with single hammocks and double hammocks with double hammocks. You may want the color choice to be the deciding factor. If that’s the case, you’ll find the Wise Owl Outfitters 210T Parachute Nylon Hammock and the Kootek Lightweight Nylon Parachute Hammock have many more color options than the Anyoo Single Cotton Outdoor Hammock and the AmazonBasics Fabric Hammock With Stand.