Goflame Collapsible PVC Tank Rain Barrel, 50-Gallon
Last updated date: March 8, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Rain Barrels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Rain Barrel you should buy.
Update as March 8, 2022:
Checkout The Best Rain Barrel for a detailed review of all the top rain barrels.
Durability is what you can expect from this rain barrel. It's constructed using a PVC frame and an anti-corrosion PVC mesh cloth. It has a large 60-gallon capacity and is extremely easy to use. All you need to do is set the rain barrel under a downspout and you're good to go.
In our analysis of 47 expert reviews, the Goflame Collapsible PVC Tank Rain Barrel, 50-Gallon placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Mesh cover design: This rain barrel can be folded, which makes it easy to store and carry. Besides, its green surface naturally fits in with your backyard sight. Its top mesh is newly designed to keep out animals, debris and it is also easy to remove for cleaning and maintenance. Collect water: During heavy rain falls, a typical roof can produce hundreds of gallons of water if you have connected few more barrels.One rain barrel can provide 60 gallons of clear rain water when it is full. Durable and sturdy materials: Our rain barrel is made of PVC frame and Anti-corrosion PVC mesh cloth, which is durable. While most barrels will crack or become brittle in the winter time, the durable materials of the item ensure stability and long-time using. Easily use: You just need to place this rain barrel under a downspout and let water run through the mesh top into the storage area, and if it was full filled with rain water, excess water will outflow from the top drain-pipe. Efficient equipment: When drought sets in and rain is short, rain barrels can provide precious water you need for your lawn and garden. By saving that water, you can reduce your average water usage by up to 40%.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Rain Barrels
If you’re looking for another way to save money while also doing good for the environment, consider installing a rain barrel under your downspout. You’ll be able to collect the rainwater and use it to water your lawn, vegetable garden, flower beds and indoor potted plants. Of course, you’ll want to do your homework first to ensure you purchase a quality rain barrel that will last.
Determine what type of construction material would work best in your area. You can go with a traditional wooden barrel, which does require a little bit more maintenance than other models, but still does an excellent job collecting and storing rain. Another option is to go with a unit like the Good Ideas RW50-OAK Wizard Rain Barrel, which is made out of a UV-resistant polyethylene resin that won’t rust and doesn’t grow mold. It also doesn’t rot like wooden barrels.
Should you need your rain barrel to be more portable, you’ll want to go with a model that is constructed using a PVC frame and an anti-corrosion PVC mesh fabric. This type of barrel is lightweight and a cinch to move from point A to point B, as well as collapsible for easy storage when not in use.
Consider how much rain your area receives and the size of your yard when selecting a rain barrel. For example, some models come with a linking kit for connecting them to additional rain barrels. That way you can double or even triple your water collection. Don’t forget to consider the capacity of the rain barrel as well. You can get a model that is capable of storing 40 gallons of rainwater, or one that can hold as much as 80 gallons.
Look at the barrel’s additional features next. There are barrels that are equipped with a mosquito-proof stainless steel mesh screen to keep bugs and debris out of the barrel. Others also have child locking screws to keep toddlers and pets from accidentally falling in the barrel. There are even barrels that come with garden hoses, hanging hose clips, overflow hoses and a spigot.
Review the design of the rain barrel last. Some models have a flat back so that you can install them just about anywhere on your property, including up against the side of your home. There are BPA-free roto-molded plastic barrels that are designed to resemble a large terracotta pot, as well as models that are made to look just like a classic whiskey barrel. You’ll even find some rain barrels offer a choice of finishes, including green, oak, gray, black and white.
The Rain Barrel Buying Guide
- If mosquitoes are a problem in your area, you can purchase mosquito dunks to toss in your rain barrel. This product is completely safe to use around pets and wildlife, including honey bees, as it is made up of an organic Bti larvicide that is only harmful to mosquito larvae.
- Not all rain barrels are sold with a base stand. You can either purchase one separately or build one out of wood if you’re handy. It’s always a good idea to use a base, as this prevents the rain barrel from tipping over.
- In addition to the base, you need to make sure the ground is level before you set your rain barrel on it. If your land is uneven, you can use paving stones or leveling spots to even the area out.
- Certain rain barrels require you have a screwdriver on hand when you want to clean them, as the barrels secure their lids with screws to prevent children and small pets from falling in accidentally.
- If you live in an area of the world that endures a cold season, you’ll need to protect your rain barrel by disconnecting it and moving it to a garage, shed or other storage location. Should you leave the barrel in place and the water inside of it freeze, your barrel could suffer damage.
- Keeping your rain barrel clean is also an important part of extending the life of your barrel. Scoop any leaves and debris out of the barrel and clean it out of the diverter and screen. You can disinfect the barrel by scrubbing it down with a vinegar and water solution. Make sure you completely rinse it clean before setting it back up to collect more rainwater.
- There are several factors that affect the overall price of a rain barrel. These include construction materials, capacity and the number of features.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide