Global Printed Products Academic Planner
Last updated date: December 19, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weekly Planners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weekly Planner you should buy.
Not only is the Global Printed Products Planner cover attractive with its marble-like print, but it's also hard, strong and durable. It covers 14 months and has pages for weekly to-do lists. We love the two complementary bonuses: a matching bookmark and a set of mini sticky notes. In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the Global Printed Products Global Printed Products Academic Planner placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 19, 2019:
Checkout The Best Weekly Planner for a detailed review of all the top weekly planners.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
2019-2020 Academic Year Planners HARDCOVER Academic Year 2019-2020 Planner / Agenda Use Immediately: June 2019 Through July 2020) Compact & Functional Size: 5.5"x8" Daily Weekly Monthly Planner Yearly Agenda. Includes: Matching Bookmark, Planning Stickers, Pocket Folder and Sticky Note Set Many covers to choose from 2019 2020 Academic Year Agenda 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" Hard Cover ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Matching Bookmark ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Sticky Note Set ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Planning Stickers ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Back Pocket Folder ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Size 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner AMZPLAN-AY19-24 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner AMZPLAN-AY19-04 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" Hard Cover ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Matching Bookmark ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Sticky Note Set ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Planning Stickers ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Back Pocket Folder ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Size 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 5.5"x8" 2019-2020 Planner AMZPLAN-AY19-24 AMZPLAN-AY19-24 AMZPLAN-AY19-24 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 2019-2020 Academic Year Planner 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11" Hard Cover ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Matching Bookmark ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Sticky Note Set ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Planning Stickers ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Back Pocket Folder ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Size 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11" 8.5"x11"
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weekly Planners
When life gets busy, it’s easy to forget an important appointment if you don’t have it written down. For this reason, personal planners can be a lifesaver. In addition to keeping track of monthly, weekly and daily obligations, many planners also help with other tasks. While browsing the available models, you’ll want to keep in mind your own needs as well as the style that best motivates you.
Decide whether you need a traditional weekly planner that goes from January to December or an academic planner that starts in July and ends in June. Students, teachers and even parents of children who have to follow the school calendar would all benefit from the academic planner. No matter which type you select, look to see if the planner has an extra month or two tacked on. Some overlap to help you crossover from one year’s planner to the next.
Check the planner’s binding next. You not only want it to be durable but also easy to use. The MaaIbok 2020 Planner has twin-wire spiral binding that allows you to flip through the pages with ease. You’ll also be able to swing the pages from front to back so that only the page you need is showing front and center.
Examine the weekly planner’s cover. You don’t want a cover that will easily rip, as it won’t make it through the entire year. The Global Printed Products Planner has an extra-strong cover that is even thicker than a nickel. It won’t get damaged during your daily commute if you choose to keep it in your backpack or briefcase.
Look for a planner that not only has monthly pages, but also weekly pages. The weekly pages give you extra space to list more details for tasks that need to be accomplished on specific days of the week. The Blue Sky Weekly & Monthly Planner offers this and much more. Not only does the planner have reference calendars, but also a list of major holidays and extra sheets of paper for notes.
Consider any extras that make the planner stand out. The Papercode Planner, for example, has 58 journal pages, colorful stickers, mind map and vision board pages, an inner pocket, three ribbon bookmarks, a pen loop, an elastic closure and an attractive gift box. The planner itself also comes in a choice of black, blue, lilac and pink. Other planners may have tabs to identify the months, sticky notes and even a ruler.
DYWM Fun Fact
It is believed that the first calendar was created during the Stone Age. The calendar revolved around the phases of the moon instead of the astronomical seasons that today’s Gregorian calendar uses. Individuals who lived during the Stone Age needed the calendar to keep track of animal migrations, so they knew where to hunt for certain animal species at different times of the year.
Before our current Gregorian calendar, there was also the Julian calendar, which was named after Julius Caesar. The main difference between the two is the way leap years were handled. Today, we add a day at the end of February every 4th year.
Calendars were used to create personal planners to help individuals organize their busy lives. One of the first people to write down their daily schedule in a calendar-like book was George Washington. Washington actually wrote down his activities in his almanac. It wasn’t until 1773, however, that a personal planner was actually published. Today, there are a multitude of weekly planners to choose from. Each comes in either the traditional yearly format that ranges from January to December or an academic format for students and teachers that goes from July to June.
The Weekly Planner Buying Guide
- While warranties are not generally offered with the sale of a weekly planner, several companies do choose to offer a replacement guarantee. If you are unhappy with the product for any reason, the company will allow you to send it back for a full refund. Keep in mind that these offers often require you to pay the shipping costs to return the planner. If the shipping costs are as much as the planner itself, it may not be worth it to send the product back.
- Always check how thick the planner’s pages are. If you plan to stick with typical pens or colored pencils, the page thickness won’t matter; however, if you prefer to use gel pens, they will bleed through paper that is too thin.
- If your planner comes with extra pages, there are a bunch of things you can do to make good use of the space. You could keep track of your water intake, write down a monthly meal plan, list inspirational quotes by your favorite authors or motivational speakers or even create a reading list of the books you’d like to get through by the end of the year.
- There are a variety of products on the market that you can use with your planner. Washi tape and stickers add a decorative touch to both the inside and outside of the planner, while sticky notes let you add temporary reminders to the pages of your weekly planner.
- If you’re giving the planner as a gift, consider having it engraved. Office supply stores, book stores and even stores that sell trophies are all capable of engraving your planner for a fee. Of course, you can always buy a set of fancy letter stickers and create a customized message on the front of the planner yourself. This is cheaper but still allows you to add a personal touch to the gift.
- At the end of the year, you can take a stroll through your planner and reflect on all you’ve accomplished. This may even spark some ideas of goals you’d like to pursue in the upcoming year.
- Weekly planner prices vary based on the number of months they cover, as well as any extras the company may include. For example, the Papercode Planner and the Global Printed Products Planner command a higher price than the Blue Sky Weekly & Monthly Planner and the MaaIbok Academic Planner because they come with several sheets of stickers, bookmarks and inner pockets.