Gillette Venus With Olay Moisturizing Shave Cream For Women
Last updated date: January 20, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Shave Creams For Women and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Shave Cream For Women you should buy.
Update as January 20, 2021:
Checkout The Best Shave Cream For Women for a detailed review of all the top shave creams for women.
Sold in a rust-free bottle, this shave cream for women can be kept in the shower in between uses. In fact, the cream not only aids in a smooth shave, but it cleanses the skin as well. The best part is that a little bit of this cream goes a long way, which means you'll save money in the long run.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Gillette Venus With Olay Moisturizing Shave Cream For Women placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Gently cleanses while you shave. Combines moisturizing ingredients with the delicate scent of Freesia. Rust-free bottle, 10 fl oz (295 mL). For great results, use with Gillette Venus ComfortGlide Freesia razor.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Shave Creams For Women
Shaving is an essential part of a grooming routine. The nicks, cuts and razor bumps that come from shaving don’t have to be. When shopping for the best shave cream for women, it is important to consider your skin type, as well as the ingredients used to create the cream.
Consider your preference for a cream that’s thin or thick in texture, as well as whether you like a shave cream that lathers. The Cremo Original Shave Cream is concentrated. When mixed with water, the cream is thin and without a lather. Each tube is designed to last 90 days, so you’ll get your money’s worth, but if you desire a nice lather, you’ll want to go with another brand.
There’s also the option of skipping a cream and going with an oil instead. The Tree Hut Moisturizing Shave Oil works to glide the razor safely across your skin so you don’t end up with any cuts. It’s also made using natural oils that keep your skin hydrated. That’s important as shaving is known to dry out the skin.
Look at the shave cream’s list of ingredients to see what benefits are offered. For example, some therapeutic shave gels are made using oats and vitamin E. They’re also dermatologist recommended and safe for use on sensitive skin. In addition to lubricating and hydrating the skin, they also soothe skin.
You may want to choose a shaving cream that is vegan-friendly and cruelty-free, like the Kiss My Face Moisture Shave cream, which is Leaping Bunny Certified. It’s also gluten-free and free of any parabens and phthalates.
The Shave Cream For Women Buying Guide
- If you put the shave cream on thick, you may clog the razor. That means stopping to rinse the razor off much more frequently.
- Some shaving creams don’t work well on all skin types. You may have to experiment with a few different brands before you find the best one.
- Always use a sharp razor when shaving. Dull razors often lead to cuts.
- Expose the area you want to shave to warm water for several minutes before you begin shaving. This will soften your hair. Additionally, you’ll want to exfoliate the area to lift and release dead skin cells. Afterward, you’ll be ready to apply a cream and begin shaving.
- Toss your razor the minute it shows any signs of rust.
- When comparing the prices of shave cream for women, you need to look at the price per ounce. To do this, divide the total cost by the number of ounces in the cream. You’ll find the Kiss My Face Moisture Shave cream is one of the most affordable. The Cremo Original Shave Cream is on the higher end of the pricing scale, as is the Tree Hut Moisturizing Shave Oil. Both of these incorporate the use of natural oils and extracts that tend to drive up the overall cost.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide