GEARWRENCH 83121 Reversible Wrench Organizer, 2-Piece
Last updated date: June 18, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wrench Organizers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wrench Organizer you should buy.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the GEARWRENCH GEARWRENCH Reversible Wrench Organizer, 2-Piece placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Wrench Organizer for a detailed review of all the top wrench organizers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The innovative GEARWRENCH reversible wrench racks allow for up to 30% space-saving in tool Drawers vs. Standard racks. The 83131 comes with 2 rack units and measure 1. 5" Tall. The GEARWRENCH 83121 Reversible Wrench Rack Set contains 2 space-saving organizers that each hold up to 16 SAE or metric wrenches, of sizes up to 1 inch or 25mm. Designed for the professional automotive or industrial technician, these racks include key usability features like the self-aligning, quick change, & reversible side rails along with the reinforced plastic composite material slots that guides wrenches so they always face forward for quicker & easier identification. Our angled design takes up 30% less space in your tool drawer, and the two included racks have different colored side rails for easy differentiation.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wrench Organizers
Do you often have trouble finding the right wrench for the job at hand? Do your wrenches often rattle around your toolbox or tool chest? Have you ever thought you lost a wrench only to realize it was just in the wrong place? These are times when a wrench organizer comes in handy. A wrench organizer is a convenient tool that is designed to make it easy to locate your wrenches. Whether you’re fixing your car or doing a few tasks around the house, having a wrench organizer that holds your lug and impact wrenches is key.
One of the most important things to look at when you’re buying a wrench organizer is size. You’ll need a wrench organizer that fits in your toolbox or belt, or one that you can use in your workshop. Consider where you’re going to need it most, and buy one according to how well it fits in your space. You’ll also need to see how many wrenches the organizer can accommodate. Often, they will range from 16 to 24 pieces.
The material your organizer is made out of is important, as it will affect the durability and longevity of the tool. Some wrench organizers are made with cloth, and one of the biggest downsides of this material is that it requires frequent washing. Many wrench organizers are made with plastic composite, which is a durable and long-lasting choice. It’s also not as expensive as some other materials on the market. Ideally, you want your wrench organizer to last around three to five years, depending on how often it’s used. To make your wrench organizer last longer, be sure to always put your wrenches away in the right spaces, and clean them and your organizer regularly.
DWYM Fun Fact
While we call them wrenches in North America, did you know that this tool is actually called a spanner in British English? Sometimes, it’s referred to as a spanner wrench.
Wrenches have been around for a long time. In fact, the term spanner was used as early as 1630. These tools were commonly used to straighten the shafts of spears.
There are many different types of wrenches, including box-end wrenches, combination wrenches, open-end wrenches and flare nut wrenches. Adjustable wrenches have a movable clamp so they come in particularly handy.
You have to be careful when using a wrench, as they can injure you otherwise. If you have the wrong sized nut, or you’re using the wrench at an incorrect angle, the wrench can slip and hurt the user.
The Wrench Organizer Buying Guide
- Before you buy a wrench organizer, take stock of what kind of wrenches you have, how many there are in your set and what size they are. Some wrench organizers accommodate different types or sizes of wrenches, so you want to ensure you get one that’s right for the tools you have.
- For many consumers, mobility is an important factor to consider when it comes to wrench organizers. Take a look at how much the organizer weighs when it is full. You don’t want it to be so light that the product will collapse under the weight of the wrenches, but it shouldn’t be so heavy that it causes problems when you’re holding it. Heavy organizers can actually cause damage to your wrists if you need to hold them for a long time.
- It’s important to put your wrenches away in the right spaces. Not doing so can damage both your wrenches and the wrench organizer itself. Some wrench organizers come with a sorting bar that makes it easy to know where to put your tools. You can also find wrench organizers that have labeled sizes directly on them so you always know what should go where.
- It’s important to protect your wrenches from any scratches or dents. You can actually get a wrench organizer that includes a small ridge that prevents the wrenches from touching the surface of the organizer. This way, they are fully protected from any imperfections on the surface.
- If you have metallic surfaces in your workshop or toolbox, opt for a wrench organizer that is magnetic. That way, you can easily store your organizer on a metallic surface while you work for quick access.