Garnier Fructis Hairspray, Ultra Strong Hold
Last updated date: January 19, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hairsprays and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hairspray you should buy.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Garnier Fructis Garnier Fructis Hairspray, Ultra Strong Hold placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hairspray for a detailed review of all the top hairsprays.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Want ultra smooth hair with all-day anti-frizz protection? Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray is a smoothing hairspray that provides an ultra-strong flexible hold and an invisible shield against frizz. With 24 hour hold and frizz control, your style stays sleek and shiny, even in extreme humidity. HOW DOES IT WORK? Our strong, yet flexible paraben-free hairspray formula, infused with natural Bamboo Extract, keeps you in control of your style for 24 hours. This formula works by wrapping the hair strands, creating an instant barrier against frizz for an ultimate smooth finish. Stay in control with frizz protection and bounce-back hold that lasts all day. Our light, sparkling fruity fragrance will leave your hair smelling fresh and vibrant. GET INSPIRED! Use any Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine product with Sleek & Shine Hairspray to create and control any style. For best results, use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine System of shampoo, conditioner and treatments. For more looks, tips and fun visit our Style Hub. • Anti-humidity hairspray provides 24 hour ultra strong hold and frizz control for smooth hair • Strong yet flexible paraben-free formula is infused with Bamboo Extract • Smoothing hairspray wraps hair strands, creating an instant shield against frizz • Style stays sleek and shiny, even in extreme humidity Hold can 10 to 12 inches from hair and spray in an even, all-around motion. Spray on dry hair to finish any style. Layer where it's needed most for added frizz control and hold. WARNING: Flammable. Avoid fire, flame and heat during application and until hair is fully dry. Avoid spraying in eyes. Contents under pressure. Do not puncture or incinerate. Do not store at temperatures above 120ºF. Keep out of reach of children. Use only as directed. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling contents can be harmful or fatal.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hairsprays
Once you shape your hair and get it styled just the way you want it, you’ll need to use a little hairspray if you want to keep that look from coming undone as the day goes on. Hairspray was created back in 1948, and since the product has been around for over 70 years, it now comes in a variety of formulas.
Before shopping for the best hairspray, you need to decide how much of a hold your hair requires. You’ll find choices include light, medium, firm and extra-strong. A light or medium hold would work well to hold back a few flyaways, while firm and extra strong are needed to lock in your style for a long period of time. The L’Oreal Paris Extra Strong Hold Hairspray works well for this, as it is designed to last up to 48 hours.
Look for a hairspray that specializes in taming frizz if you find your hair is a bit kinky. For example, the TRESemmé Extra Firm Hold Hairspray uses locking polymers that resist humidity and keep frizz controlled all day long.
Consider the ingredients used to make the hairspray. The MOROCCANOIL Medium Hold Hairspray actually infuses Argan oil into its formula, which not only gives hair a beautiful shine but also leaves it soft to the touch.
Don’t forget to take fragrance into account. Most hairsprays have some type of odor and you don’t want to select one that isn’t pleasant, as you’ll be stuck smelling it all day. One formula that is known for its sweet aroma is the TIGI Bed Head Massive Shine Hairspray, which comes in a tropical berry scent.
DYWM Fun Fact
It turns out hairspray is extremely versatile and has many more uses than just keeping your hairstyle in place. Below are just a few of the ways you can put your bottle of hairspray to use.
- Spraying your favorite bouquet of flowers with hairspray will preserve them, so you can enjoy them longer.
- Adding hairspray to a lint-free cloth will help remove stubborn pet hair from your furniture. This trick also works to remove lint from your clothing.
- Labels with sticky backing can become hard to remove over time. Spraying them with hairspray will release the residue, so you can quickly remove the label.
- Waiting for your nails to dry can be torture. If you have places to go and people to see, spray your freshly painted nails with hairspray to speed up the drying time.
The Hairspray Buying Guide
- Read the hairspray bottle’s product label to determine how far away you need to hold the can before spraying it on your hair. This distance typically ranges between 6 and 10 inches.
- Hairspray is meant to be used on dry hair. If you need a styling product that is safe to use on wet hair, consider going with a mousse.
- The cost of a bottle of hairspray is directly related to the ingredients used in its formula. You’ll find the TRESemmé Extra Firm Hold Hairspray and the L’Oreal Paris Extra Strong Hold Hairspray are the most affordable. The TIGI Bed Head Massive Shine Hairspray comes with two bottles and is moderately priced. The most costly is the MOROCCANOIL Medium Hold Hairspray, which is infused with argan oil.