Garelick 89421 Shingle Saver Roof Rake
Last updated date: April 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Roof Rakes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Roof Rake you should buy.
Update as April 26, 2022:
Checkout The Best Roof Rake for a detailed review of all the top roof rakes.
With this roof rake, rollers stand between the blade and the roof shingles to prevent scratching and keep the process easy. It's both lightweight and durable to provide reliable use without sacrificing maneuverability. It's 21 feet in length to give you plenty of reach.
In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the Garelick Shingle Saver Roof Rake placed 2nd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This unique snow flake roller design is easier to use because the blade never touches the roof’s surface, preventing damage, while also making it easier to roll back up the roof.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Roof Rakes
During the long winter months, the weather can be relentless, especially if you’re in a region where heavy snowfalls are common. But as snow builds up outside, it can become a hazard to your home. The weight of all that snow can harm your roof, especially in older homes and areas like carports. Problems can also appear as snow begins to melt, then refreeze, then melt and refreeze again.
A roof rake can help you prevent those issues. Many of the rakes built today extend far enough upward that you don’t even need a ladder for snow removal. Simply run the rake along the top of your roof and slide the snow off to the ground. Repeat the process in the days that follow as new snow accumulates on your roof.
But a roof rake can come in handy for removing leaves and debris, as well. The difference is that you’ll need much more power to remove heavier snow. Rakes geared toward heavy snow removal also often have blades built-in, which can scratch your roof tiles, so you may want to invest in a lightweight one geared toward leaves and debris if you live in an area that doesn’t get heavy snow.
The Roof Rake Buying Guide
- One of the biggest issues with using a roof rake is needing to see what you’re doing. Make sure the pole is long enough that you can stand at an angle to see your progress as you clear snow from your roof.
- Roof rakes often use blades to boost efficiency. Make sure the blade of your chosen rake has edges that won’t damage your shingles.
- The handle of the rake is important, too. A nonslip handle will give you more control while you’re raking, and an ergonomic handle will keep you comfortable.
- Pay attention to the weight of the rake. If it’s too light, it may not give you the force you need to remove heavy snow accumulation, but if it’s too heavy, you’ll find you fatigue early and maybe even have trouble controlling it.
- Some rakes have wider heads to cover a broader surface area. This will cut down on the number of swipes you’ll need to take at the snow.
- You’ll also need to store your rake between uses. Take some measurements of the area where you’ll keep it and make sure your rake will squeeze into the space.
- If you have a two-story house, you may find that even the longest pole won’t reach the top story, requiring a ladder.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide