Gaiam Classic Ergonomic Balance Ball Desk Office Chair
Last updated date: September 29, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ball Desk Office Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ball Desk Office Chair you should buy.
Update as September 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ball Desk Office Chair for a detailed review of all the top ball desk office chairs.
You can relieve back pain and soreness by using this ball desk office chair. You make micro-movements while on the ball, which engage your core and provides increased focus. This chair is designed for people 5 feet tall to 5 feet, 11 inches tall.
In our analysis of 51 expert reviews, the Gaiam Classic Ergonomic Balance Ball Desk Chair placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Created by health and fitness experts to improve overall well-being and provide an active flexible seating outlet that promotes proper alignment and relives back pain and soreness associated with sitting for long periods of time
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ball Desk Office Chairs
If you find you finish your workday with aches and pains in your back, neck, shoulders and arms, it may be as a result of your posture while sitting. One way to solve that problem is by choosing a completely different type of chair. A ball desk office chair is a yoga ball that is designed specifically for sitting. When you’re sitting on a ball desk office chair, you naturally need to engage your core muscles to help you stay balanced and upright. This improves your posture and aligns your spine. Not only does it help you build core muscles, but it can also reduce the common back and shoulder aches people get from sitting too long.
One of the key benefits of sitting on a ball desk office chair is that it helps you burn calories, more than when sitting in a regular office chair. Plus, you can improve your mobility and balance while engaging your core muscles, so you’re better positioned to exercise after your workday. In addition, many people find that bouncing on a ball chair is helpful when they’re brainstorming and coming up with ideas. The physical stimulation helps some people focus more clearly.
While just about anyone can use a ball desk office chair, they can be particularly helpful for pregnant women in their second trimester or early in their third trimester. When sitting in a regular office chair, your baby bump may press against the top of your legs which can cause discomfort. Your posture on a yoga ball is more upright, which can alleviate that feeling. However, later in pregnancy, you might need more back support at your desk.
The Ball Desk Office Chair Buying Guide
- When looking for a ball desk office chair, size is key. When sitting in the chair, your feet should be flat on the floor, not in a tip-toe position. Your hips need to be at a 90-degree angle and your thighs should be parallel to the floor. Consider your height when looking at the ball measurements for your ideal desk chair. Most ball desk chairs provide the recommended user height.
- Some ball desk office chair have a base with a detachable yoga ball. This way, you can use the ball without the base if you want to engage your core muscles more fully. The base provides stability. Other styles of ball desk office chairs include only the yoga ball, which is weighted to prevent the ball from rolling around. Some ball desk office chairs have a unique design where the seat is a semi-circle so it resembles the top of the ball. However, it is not detachable. These chairs can be used for sitting or leaning.
- Having an adjustable or detachable backrest is key for many people. This way, you can lean back and relax in the ball desk chair as well. However, if you want to commit to a better posture, you can simply remove the backrest.
- If you’re considering a ball desk office chair with wheels or casters, opt for one which has a locking feature. That way, you can stop the chair from rolling around to increase safety in the workplace. You can simply unlock when you need more mobility.
- Ensure the ball desk office chair comes with an easy pump mechanism you can use to blow up the ball. Be sure to follow the chair’s instructions to inflate the ball to the right amount so that you get the comfort and support you need.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide