Fruit of the Loom Moisture Wicking Long Underwear, 2-Pack
Last updated date: August 24, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Long Underwear and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Long Underwear you should buy.
Update as August 24, 2021:
Checkout The Best Long Underwear for a detailed review of all the top long underwear.
If you're looking for a medium-weight set of long underwear, this two-pack is an excellent choice. The material is soft and comfortable against skin and designed for use in moderately cold to cold weather. Men will also love that the underwear is tagless and moisture wicking.
In our analysis, the Fruit of the Loom Fruit of the Loom Moisture Wicking Long Underwear, 2-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
As the temperature drops, your need for warmth and coziness increases, and at Fruit of the Loom, we are all about comfort! This Fruit of the Loom Men's Waffle Performance Pant is warm, breathable, and super soft. You wont know just how soft and comfy they are until you try them out for yourself! This classic waffle thermal pant is made with a natural touch poly-cotton blend fabric that is perfect for layering and trapping in heat when outdoors, and just as effective for keeping you warm and comfortable indoors. Its moisture wicking technology helps keep you dry and comfortable throughout wear, while the snug ribbed cuffs on the ankles help keep cold air out. These thermal pants also have flatlock seams, an elastic waistband, and a tag-free label for added comfort. Designed to regulate your body temperature for optimal comfort, these midweight thermal pants insulate and protect your skin against the bitter cold. Its natural stretch and elastic waistband give you full mobility so you can go through your day without feeling the constraints of a tight fit.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Long Underwear
Long underwear comes in three different weights: lightweight, for moderate to cool weather; midweight for cold temperatures; and heavyweight for below-freezing temperatures. The main goal of this base layer is to manage moisture, but the heavier-weight versions will also add more warmth.
These tops and bottoms can be worn alone or under clothing. Most are made with moisture-wicking fabrics to keep you dry and cozy. Though they can be made from sustainable fabrics like merino wool or silk, the most popular fabric is polyester, usually with some Spandex or Lycra added for stretch. Synthetic fabrics are so widespread because they’re good at dissipating sweat and are less expensive than merino wool.
Some long underwear also has a finish to slow the growth of odor-causing bacteria, a great feature to have for those who sweat more.
Finally, long underwear should fit snugly, but not too tightly. When loose, the moisture-wicking features will not be as effective.
The Long Underwear Buying Guide
- Natural materials like wool and silk may be warm, but they are not as durable as polyester — good to know if you expect to wear and wash them often. However, if you’re planning a multi-day trip, keep in mind that even the best anti-stink coating won’t prevent synthetic long underwear from turning smelly after a few days.
- Merino wool is tough to beat when it comes to avoiding stink. It has natural antibacterial properties — no extra fabric treatment needed — that keep it stink-free even after multiple wears without washing.
- Always read the washing instructions before laundering your long underwear. Most can be machine washed and will last longer if they’re air dried.
- For activities that increase body temperature, such as running and hiking, light or midweight long underwear is a good choice. Heavier-weight base layers are ideal for less aerobic activities, like fishing.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide