FoodSaver 31161366 Space Saving Food Vacuum Sealer
Last updated date: October 5, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top FoodSavers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best FoodSaver you should buy.
Editor's Note October 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best FoodSaver for a detailed review of all the top foodsavers.
The compact space-saving design makes this FoodSaver ideal for small kitchens. It features the same vacuum-sealing power as the larger gadgets. It comes with FoodSaver bags.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the FoodSaver FoodSaver 31161366 Space Saving Food Vacuum Sealer placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Food Saver space saving food Vacuum sealer lets you enjoy all the benefits of vacuum sealing in a new space-saving design! Featuring the same Vacuum sealing power as traditional models, This compact vacuum sealer also features an innovative bag alignment drip tray so you can precisely align your Food Saver bag to the machine's sealing strip—allowing for a perfect seal and less bag waste.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On FoodSavers
Have you ever had to deal with freezer-burned meat sitting in the freezer, with a layer of ice crystals all around it? Or how about a half-eaten box of crackers that’s lost their crunch and gone stale? These issues occur due to moisture and air. Food that is heavy in moisture, such as raw meat, dries out in the freezer. The moisture comes out and accumulates on the outer surface of the meat, and then it turns into ice due to the cold air in the freezer. When it comes to food that lacks moisture, such as crackers or chips, the air actually infuses them with moisture so they become limp and soft.
If you want your food to remain fresh and tasty while in storage, you need a FoodSaver system. This is a kind of kitchen gadget that you use to wrap food items that you want to preserve. It is a vacuum device that actually sucks out any air around the food before wrapping it. The plastic hugs on to the food tightly so there is no air within the wrapping. Once you open the vacuum-sealed wrapping, you’ll hear an audible whoosh as air comes into the bag.
Food that has been vacuum-wrapped using a FoodSaver system actually stays fresh five times longer than food that just has a regular wrapping. This means you don’t need to deal with stale crackers or freezer-burned meat again.
Not only can the FoodSaver help you keep food fresher longer, you can also use it while you’re preparing food. When marinating meats, you can use the FoodSaver to take out any air from the marinating dish. This actually causes the meat to absorb the marinade faster and more deeply, resulting in better-tasting meals.
The FoodSaver Buying Guide
- There are a few different kinds of FoodSaver systems available to choose from. Each has a different set of benefits for your needs. For example, if you have a small kitchen, then the FoodSaver that uses 50% less room may be a good way to utilize your space. If you frequently need to vacuum seal large pieces of meat or other types of food, then the FoodSaver with an extra-wide sealing strip may be right for you. If you’re just getting started with vacuum sealing, then opt for a FoodSaver starter kit. Some FoodSaver systems also come with an external hose that you can use to seal things like wine bottles or canisters.
- One of the biggest benefits of the FoodSaver system is how easy it is to use. All you have to do is put the food items you want to store inside the FoodSaver plastic bags. Then you insert the end of the bag into the vacuum sealer and push the start button. The FoodSaver will then automatically begin to suck all of the air out of the bag, and seal it shut. You can then store the food in the pantry, fridge or freezer as needed.
- Many of the FoodSaver systems come with the plastic bags you need to get started. Some sets also come with bags in multiple sizes, such as a quart or a gallon. If you run out of the vacuum bags, you can purchase replacements separately in the sizes you need.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide