Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch
Last updated date: November 15, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fitbits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fitbit you should buy.
This version of the Fitbit Versa comes with built-in Alexa compatibility. The larger display and always-on option makes it easy to check on your progress. It works for six days or more on a single charge. In our analysis of 98 expert reviews, the Fitbit Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 15, 2019:
Checkout The Best Fitbits for a detailed review of all the top fitbits.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fitbits
Knowledge is power, and fitness trackers provide a wealth of health knowledge right at your fingertips — or, more accurately on your wrist. With the right fitness tracker, you can power up a healthy lifestyle and a new you.
As a result, wearable technology, like fitness trackers and smartwatches, are valuable tools to help you achieve your goals. These devices do so much more than tell time or add a pretty accessory on your wrist. They record and monitor movement and fitness-related activities. They track the number of steps taken, distance walked, sleep duration and quality, heart rate and more. Some advanced models have separate modes that enable them to track specific types of exercise and can distinguish between swimming, running and cycling and keep logs of your favorite routes. Then, you can connect and upload all the stored data to your computer or smartphone to analyze and learn from your activities.
It’s not a passing trend either. In fact, the global fitness trackers market clocked in at just under $18 billion in 2016. That value is expected to grow to more than $62 billion within the next four years. Smartwatches, specifically, are driving most of the predicted growth. Some of the leading fitness tracker manufacturers include Fitbit, Samsung, Nike, Adidas, Google and Apple.
Fitbit is one of the most popular fitness tracker manufacturers. The company launched its very first tracker back in 2007. Since then, it has introduced innovative new technology and features. Now, Fitbit offers a wide variety of different fitness trackers and smartwatch models at a relatively affordable price range. There are high-tech models with detailed data tracking for serious athletes, as well as simple watches, like the Fitbit Flex 2, for those dipping their toe into fitness tracking and data. There are also Fitbits made just for children ages eight and up to encourage movement and healthy habits early. Whether you’re trying to make fitness fun for youngsters or start your own health challenge, there is a Fitbit for everyone and every goal.
All Fitbits are designed to seamlessly track every part of your day — including activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep. As a result, the company says they will “help you find your fit, stay motivated and see how small steps make a big impact.”
They monitor heart rate with PurePulse. The newest watches, like Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Versa 2 and Fitbit Ionic, include SmartTrack. This innovative technology automatically senses different types of exercises and records them accordingly in the Fitbit app. For example, if you hop on a spin bike and start pedaling, the watch will begin recording as a cycling activity.
The current Fitbit smartwatches, like Fitbit Versa 2 and Fitbit Ionic, also incorporate apps and features like wallet-free payments, calendar alerts and text message updates. Today’s Fitbits and fitness trackers are so much more than step counters. They also enhance and ease many everyday tasks.
In addition to encouraging healthy lifestyles, Fitbit connects all users in a like-minded community. Here, you can share your goals and find motivation from people around the world. It also offers fun competitions with friends, family or coworkers on a variety of statistics to push yourself farther.
All those Fitbit insights add up to real lifestyle changes. In fact, researchers from Arizona State University discovered that the combination of wearing a Fitbit Zip activity monitor and expressing more mindfulness throughout the week increased levels of physical activity. For a relatively low cost (most models range from $50 to $250), fitness trackers help motivate you to kick-start and stick with a fitness plan, hold you accountable, encourage goal setting and, best of all, can help you lose weight.
Pick the right Fitbit fitness tracker, and you’re well on your way to living your healthiest life and achieving your goals.
DWYM Fun Fact
Fitbit founders Eric Friedman and James Park recognized the potential of wireless technology in relation to fitness and health. With the first product, they “embarked on a journey to create a wearable product that would change the way we move.” More than 10 years later, both original founders still lead Fitbit and help introduce new and innovative fitness technology each year.
However, hundreds of years earlier, Leonardo Da Vinci created what appeared to be the first sketch of a pedometer. Then, in 1788, Thomas Jefferson introduced the first pedometer in the U.S. Historians believe it may have originated from the motion sensor of the Swiss or French watches.
The Fitbit Buying Guide
- Fitbit pay allows users to store credit cards right on the watch and pay without carrying around a wallet.
- Fitbit monitors and records every part of your day — including activity, heart rate, food, weight and sleep — with specialized sensors. Some advanced models include a built-in GPS for improved accuracy and ease of use.
- The Fitbit app connects all Fitbit users in a global online community, where you can find motivation, inspiration and connect with others and join challenges.
- The fitness trackers sync data to your computer or smartphone where you can access additional analysis and progress reports.
- Fitbit fitness trackers lead the market, offering the thinnest and lightest GPS+ heart rate device available.
- According to researchers, tracking steps and other activity with a Fitbit positively impacts overall health and wellbeing, which makes it a worthwhile purchase for help achieving your health and fitness goals.
- Fitbit fitness trackers and smartwatches run on rechargeable batteries.
- The battery life of Fitbits vary based on the activities tracked, but some can last up to five days between charges.
- Fitbit offers interchangeable accessories to update the band and style of the smartwatches and fitness trackers.
- Fitbits are swim-proof and showerproof, meaning you can wear them in water or underwater up to a certain depth.
- Fitbits sync wirelessly and automatically to computers and smartphones, so your data is always up to date and stored.
- Fitbits and Fitbit app are compatible with more than 200 iOS, Windows and Android devices.
- Fitbits range in price depending on included features. The more advanced tracking features included in the Fitbit, the higher the price point.