Fit Crunch Robert Irvine Peanut Butter Whey Protein Bar
Last updated date: July 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Meal Replacement Bars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Meal Replacement Bar you should buy.
Editor's Note August 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Meal Replacement Bar for a detailed review of all the top meal replacement bars.
In our analysis of 78 expert reviews, the Fit Crunch Fit Crunch Robert Irvine Peanut Butter Whey Protein Bar placed 6th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Whey Protein: Our protein bars are made from a unique Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate). We believe this is the best quality protein available on the market, which is why we have it in all our products! Peanut Butter: The award-winning FITCRUNCH Peanut Butter Baked Bar is arguably the best protein bar ever made…EVER. The classic candy bar combination of peanut butter and chocolate stops cravings in their tracks, while delivering quality whey protein isolate with just 6g of sugar. Some call it a “living legend.” 6 Layer Baked Bar: We have the worlds first 6 layer baked bar! Most protein bars have just one layer, ours stands out with 6 layers that all play an important part in our award winning protein bar appearance and taste! Why Us: Aside from having a 6-Layer protein bar, our bars are filled with 30g of protein and just 6G of sugar! About Us: The award-winning FITCRUNCH Baked Bar is arguably the best protein bar ever made. Created by co-founder and celebrity chef, Robert Irvine, to provide quality nutrition and an unmatched taste that you’d expect from a world-renown chef. FITCRUNCH makes getting your protein more enjoyable than ever before. Sold world-wide, enjoyed by athletes, fitness enthusiasts and families. Baked from scratch^30 grams of protein^Just 6 grams of sugar^The healthy delicious way to power through your day
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Meal Replacement Bars
Preparing a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner for yourself or your entire family may not always be possible. You might wake up a little later than expected with no time to cook bacon and eggs, or you might need to run your 10-year-old from band practice to soccer camp without any time to stop for dinner. When life gets busy and you can’t cook, there’s always the option of utilizing a meal replacements bar instead.
Meal replacement bars are designed to be more than just a quick snack. They contain the nutrients you would have received if you had consumed a traditional plate of food. Some bars are marketed to help people lose weight, while others even promote an increase in energy after consumption.
While the United States does not have any specific regulations for meal replacement bars, there are a few things you’ll want to look for when shopping for one. The first is calories. Check to see that the bar has between 200 and 400 calories, as this is where you’re going to get your energy. The PROBAR Meal Bar, for example, has 370, which will give you the boost you need to continue on with your day.
Next, review the meal replacement bar’s protein content. The higher the protein, the fuller you’ll feel for a longer period of time. The MET-Rx Big 100 Colossal Protein Bars are known for their higher protein content at 30 grams per bar.
The nutrition label will also specify how many vitamins and minerals are in the meal replacement bar. If you know you are deficient in a certain vitamin, or that you’re not getting enough of a certain mineral in the foods you eat, you can scroll through the label to check for that information. You’ll notice the ZonePerfect Nutrition Snack Bars are loaded with 19 vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Selenium.
Fiber is another key ingredient often found in meal replacement bars. Like protein, the fiber will help you feel full until your next meal. It also has the added benefit of keeping your digestive system running smoothly, so that you don’t suffer from uncomfortable constipation. Some ingredients to look for that are excellent sources of fiber include chia and flax seeds.
Finally, when shopping for the best meal replacement bar, it is essential that you check the sugar content. This is true whether you suffer from diabetes or not. Too much sugar will provide a temporary burst of energy. But afterward, you’ll suffer a sugar crash that will inevitably leave you feeling tired and moody.
The Meal Replacement Bar Buying Guide
- Always read the product label if you have any known food allergies or sensitivities. Most meal replacement bars clearly label whether they are gluten-free, soy-free or contain common allergy ingredients, such as peanuts. You may also find wording like “manufactured in a plant that processes peanuts.” So even if the bar doesn’t contain peanuts, you’ll know that it may have come in contact with the legume.
- Additional information you may wish to be aware of when choosing a meal replacement bar is whether the ingredients are organically sourced and whether they are Non-GMO Project Verified. If this is important to you, the product label is where you will find the facts.
- Check that there are no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners added to the bars. You want to get your nutrition from natural sources when possible. The MRE Bar is a good example of a meal replacement bar that is made from real food only.
- Perform a taste test. There are so many different meal replacement bars on the market and each company offers a selection of flavors. You may come across such flavors as chocolate pretzel, caramel cluster, peanut butter cup, banana nut bread, almond crunch and blueberry cobbler. Try purchasing a few different bars to discover your likes and dislikes before you decide on your go-to bar.
- Consider the texture of the bar. Some bars are chewy, while others have a crunch. The bars may also be smooth or have chunks of peanuts or pretzels sticking out.
- Verify which type of meal replacement bar you are buying. Is the bar simply for taking the place of lunch or dinner when you’re on the run, or is the bar made for weight loss? Is the bar touted as a sports nutrition bar that replaces energy after a vigorous workout? You want to make sure the bar you buy will meet your specific needs.
- Keep a few bars in your purse, gym bag or car so that you always have one available when life gets busy. This will save you from being tempted to head to the nearest fast food joint, that may or may not have healthy food options.
- Meal replacement bars can be a lifesaver if you are the designated snack mom for your child’s sports team. Pair each bar with a water bottle or natural juice box and you’ll feel good about restoring the kids’ energy after a well-played game.
- While you can purchase a single meal replacement bar, it is more cost-effective to buy in bulk. When comparing prices, you’ll need to pay attention to how many bars are being sold as a unit.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide