FDW Kids Height Adjustable Drawer Storage Writing Student Study Desk
Last updated date: October 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Children's Desk and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Children's Desk you should buy.
Editor's Note October 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Children’s Desk for a detailed review of all the top children's desk.
Both the seat and the desk in this set are adjustable. This way your child can raise the height as he or she grows. The top of the desk also tilts. Kids can leave the top flat to do school work, or raise it to complete a fun art project.
In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the FDW FDW Kids Drawer Storage Student Study Desk placed 8th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This is our functional kids study desk and chair, which combines fun and safety for kids varying age and size. Made of premium materials, this set is sturdy yet safe. The height of the desk and chair are adjustable to accommodate different kids. Featuring a adjustable tilting spacious desktop and a sliding out drawer, this desk not only offer unmatched convenience but also keeps the study supplies organized. The pedestal frames feature anti-slip floor glides that prevent it from slipping and also reduces noise.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Children's Desk
Giving a child their own workspace not only promotes independence but also allows for a place for the child to express their creativity. Adding a children’s desk to your son or daughter’s bedroom is a perfect way to accomplish this. As you shop for the best children’s desk, there are a few features to keep in mind.
First, consider how your child will use the desk, says parenting expert Kate Desmond.
“A young kid will probably use it to create art and store treasures,” she says. “So, for little tots consider a desk with bigger storage, and a place to hold cups for art supplies. My second grader uses her desk nightly to do homework. And while a sturdy desk is still important, I also look for a good amount of paper storage, and a place to hold writing utensils. Desks that have USB ports and outlets earn extra points as children reach teenage years and need to charge their various bits of technology.”
Look for a children’s desk that is not only sturdy but also meets your student’s weight requirements. There are models made from solid wood, as well as units that feature solid steel frames. Desks constructed for smaller children often won’t exceed a 50-pound weight capacity, while those made for older kids can hold as much as 150 pounds.
Check the design next. You want the child to easily be able to get in and out of the desk, as well as have the desk and chair be comfortable to use. Look for a model that uses an ergonomic design that prevents slouching by promoting the correct body posture while in the seated position.
Safety is also important, so review the product labeling for any certifications or safety tests that have been performed on the children’s desk. For example, you’ll if you decide on a lift-top desk and chair, you’ll want it to have a hinged lid for safety, as well as a gap along the edges of the lid to keep tiny fingers from getting hurt.
“Look for something sturdy that won’t tip if climbed upon and lower to the ground for easy maneuvering,” Desmond adds.
Consider a model that is adjustable. This way, the desk can grow with your child. Some of these desks also offer plenty of storage as well. Kids can place their books and art supplies inside. Many even have indents within the desk for pens and pencils. While some desks only have adjustable legs, others have an adjustable seat and desktop that can tilt up to 40 degrees. This type of desk may be better for older children who need to switch from art projects to homework assignments.
Finally, keep an eye out for children’s desks that have a host of extras. For example, a desk that comes with a scratch-resistant surface and offers storage in abundance is a great buy. You may even find a built-in cup holder on the right and left side of the desktop. Other desks come covered in characters that are familiar to children.
Also consider using your child’s new desk to teach some other important life lessons, like how to keep an area tidy and organized.
The Children's Desk Buying Guide
- Wood is attractive, but also soft and easy to scratch. This type of desk may be better suited to older children.
- Keep in mind that sturdy models may be heavy and hard to put together.
- Most models are too hard for children to adjust, so parents will need to complete that task before the student can begin using the desk.
- While some children’s desk models come with all the tools and hardware you need to assemble them, others don’t. Make sure you know which tools you need before you buy.
- Most school desks and chairs can be cleaned with a little warm water, liquid dish soap and a rag. Wooden models would also benefit from a multi-surface cleaner that is designed to remove dust. Of course, it is always important to consult your product care label before the first cleaning.
- Verify that the company offers complimentary tech support in the event that you have trouble putting the children’s desk and chair together using the provided instructions.
- There are a few factors that influence the cost of a children’s desk. First, you’ll find the Humble Crew 2-In1 Activity Table & Chairs Set on the lower end of the price scale because it’s designed for toddlers only. The Melissa & Doug Tables & Chairs Set, 3-Piece is in the middle price-wise, as it’s more of your standard table with chairs. The Guidecraft Children’s Media Desk & Chair Set and the KidKraft Children’s Study Desk & Chair command a higher price because they have more storage and a solid build.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide