Fat Daddio’s Cake Knife, 14-Inch
Last updated date: February 4, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cake Knives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cake Knife you should buy.
Editor's Note February 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cake Knife for a detailed review of all the top cake knives.
In addition to being the perfect knife to cut cake, the Fat Daddio's Cake Knife, 14-Inch is also equipped to slice bread and vegetables with ease. It has a long stainless steel blade with serrated edges and a comfortable handle that makes using the knife a breeze. The knife is even dishwasher-safe for easy clean up.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the Fat Daddio's Fat Daddio's Cake Knife, 14-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Fat Daddio's professional bread/cake knives are made stainless steel with serrated blades. Slice everything your kitchen demands from hearty breads to delicate cakes with ease. The 5 1/2" comfort grip handles provide exceptional control. Dishwasher safe.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cake Knives
Every household needs a quality cake knife. Traditional knives can be used, but they aren’t specifically designed for cakes and contain pointed tips that would poke a cake. You want to use the long side of the blade to slice your tasty dessert.
Determine whether you prefer a cake knife with a serrated or smooth blade. Serrated blades, like the one found on the Darnell Nehemiah Cake Knife, 12-Inch, can also be used on harder bakery items, such as French bread. Even if you opt for a cake knife with a serrated blade, you can use the opposite smooth side to apply frosting to the outside of the cake.
Make sure the handle of the cake knife you’re interested in is sturdy and well-designed. You need it to hold up under the weight of your cut. The KUTLER Cake Slicer, 14-Inch is a good choice as it has an ergonomic handle with a solid non-slip grip.
Another option is to go with a cake knife set that includes both the knife and a server. The server is made in the shape of a slice of cake and is able to lift the slice out and onto the recipient’s plate without the cake falling apart. These sets often come in stainless steel, which is rust- and stain-resistant. Models like the Lenox Bridal Cake Knife Set, 9-Inch tend to feature a design on the handle of the knife and server for added elegance.
Check for any extras. The Reed & Barton Cake Knife Set, 11-Inch, for example, comes with a beautiful gift box. That would make it an excellent choice if you’re in need of a wedding or housewarming gift.
The Cake Knife Buying Guide
- Always check the cake knife’s product care label to determine whether it can be placed in a dishwasher or not. Keep in mind that most utensils have a longer life when washed by hand, even if they are listed as dishwasher-safe.
- When selecting a cake knife, make sure it is at least 2-inches longer than the width of the cake.
- It’s helpful to set your cake on a turntable when slicing the cake into layers.
- Run the knife’s blade under hot water and wipe it clean with a paper towel every couple of slices. This will keep your cuts nice and smooth.
- As you compare and contrast cake knife prices, you’ll need to look at both the construction of the knife and whether it is paired with a server. The Darnell Nehemiah Cake Knife, 12-Inch is cheaper than the KUTLER Cake Slicer, 14-Inch, as it has a smaller handle that isn’t as sturdy and durable. Although the Lenox Bridal Cake Knife Set, 9-Inch is smaller than the Reed & Barton Cake Knife Set, 11-Inch, it commands a higher price because of its accents and silver-plated metal construction.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide