Farberware Classic Stainless Series Covered Double Boiler, 2-Quart
Last updated date: June 1, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Double Boilers For Chocolate and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Double Boiler For Chocolate you should buy.
Update as June 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Double Boiler For Chocolate for a detailed review of all the top double boilers for chocolate.
This double boiler for chocolate comes with a saucepan that is oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The base is made from a thick aluminum core, which means it's also induction compatible. Even the handles, with their upward curve, are designed with your comfort in mind.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Farberware Classic Covered Double Boiler, 2-Quart placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Farberware Classic Series combines today's technology with the traditional styling, durability, and quality that Farberware has delivered for over a century.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Double Boilers For Chocolate
While you can melt chocolate in a microwave, it’s not the ideal method for several reasons. First, it’s easy to burn the chocolate when melting it in a microwave, as you can’t continuously stir it. Second, you can’t melt large amounts of chocolate in a microwave. Instead, it’s a good idea to invest in a quality double boiler for chocolate, so you get a perfect melt every time.
Look for a double boiler for chocolate with a durable construction. The Farberware Classic Covered Double Boiler, 2-Quart has a thick aluminum core surrounded by stainless steel. The aluminum is excellent at heating your items evenly, while the stainless steel is both durable and rust resistant.
Determine whether you’re interested in simply purchasing a single pot that can be used inside one of your existing pots, or whether you’d like a model that includes the pot, saucepan and a matching lid. The ExcelSteel Stainless Steel Double Boiler, 3-Piece, 2.5-Quart is an all-in-one package with a glass lid that lets you keep an eye on the food you’re cooking.
Check the double boiler’s handle next. You want an ergonomic handle, like the one on the T-fal Phenolic Handle Double Boiler, 3-Quart, as it is designed for comfort and safety. If you have a proper grip, you’ll also have better control over the pan while you stir the ingredients as they begin to melt.
Consider any double boilers that have extra features. There are models with hanging loops at the end of the handles, which give you the option of storing the boiler in a cabinet or from a hanging pan rack. The SONGZIMING Stainless Steel Double Boiler, 400ML is equipped with a front hook that keeps it from sliding around. It also has two built-in side spouts for easy pouring once the items in the boiler are completely melted.
The Double Boiler For Chocolate Buying Guide
- Be sure to clean around the ridge where the inner pan rests, as chocolate can get lodged there.
- Always check how heat-resistant the boiler’s handle is. Some models actually get quite hot, which means you’ll end up needing a good pair of oven mitts to prevent burns.
- Review the double boiler for chocolate’s product care guide, as many models are not dishwasher safe. You’ll need to wash these models using hot water and a little dish soap. Stay away from abrasive sponges and cleaners if the boiler has a nonstick coating, as these will damage the coating and render it useless.
- To use your double boiler, you’ll want to add 2 inches of water to the bottom pan. After you put the upper unit in its place, you’ll need to cut the items you want to melt into small pieces. Arrange those pieces evenly across the bottom of the pan and then turn your burner on, placing it on the low heat setting. As soon as you notice the small pieces starting to melt, you’ll need to begin stirring. Continue to stir the contents of the double boiler until they have completely melted. As soon as you remove the boiler from the heat, you’ll want to transfer the contents to your mold or serving container.
- When browsing the price of a double boiler for chocolate, you must take into consideration the size of the boiler, as well as any special features. You’ll find the SONGZIMING Stainless Steel Double Boiler, 400ML is among the most affordable options, while the ExcelSteel Stainless Steel Double Boiler, 3-Piece, 2.5-Quart is more moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the T-fal Phenolic Handle Double Boiler, 3-Quart and the Farberware Classic Covered Double Boiler, 2-Quart, as they come with saucepans, lids and ergonomic handles.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide