Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale
Last updated date: February 11, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Bathroom Scales and dug through the reviews from 5 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, The Spruce, Good Housekeeping, Best Products, Best Seekers and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bathroom Scale you should buy.
One of the best things about the Etekcity is its backlit display, which means you can read it even in a dark room. This scale is both affordable and accurate, making it well worth considering. In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Etekcity Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 12, 2019:
Checkout The Best Bathroom Scale for a detailed review of all the top bathroom scales.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This scale is auto-calibrated, so you simply step on its large tempered glass platform and receive immediate results displayed on a sizeable backlit LCD display. Sophisticated sensors ensure that your results are within 0.2 lbs. of whatever is being weighed, ensuring accurate weight measurement time after time.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bathroom Scales
Most of us have a love/hate relationship with the bathroom scale. You may realize that at least occasionally checking your weight is key to staying healthy, so a reliable scale is a must. At some point, someone in your household will inevitably tackle a weight loss journey, at which point a scale will be especially important.
The top quality you’ll probably look for in a scale is accuracy. Durability and appearance mean nothing if the numbers you see when you step on it aren’t correct. Digital scales use sensors and a strain gauge to measure and convert the weight of an object placed on them. Today’s top scales also feature the ability to calibrate automatically. This feature allows reliable readings every time you step on the scale, even if you’ve moved it since the last time you weighed.
Before you buy a scale, you should first take a look around the room you’ll be putting it in. Most often this is a bathroom, but you may plan to slide it into a closet when it’s not in use. If that’s the case, you’ll probably want to pay close attention to the width and length of the scale you choose since smaller scales will squeeze into tighter spaces. Otherwise, visualize the way the scale will look when mixed with your existing décor.
Lastly, you’ll want to consider the durability of the scale that you’re buying. Most of today’s scales are built to last for many years, but some are stronger than others. While many scales will promise a durable frame, you should also pay attention to the glass. Scales made from glass have been known to shatter in the past. It may be worth it to consider one with tempered glass that promises many years of reliable use.
DYWM Fun Fact
Although there are other ways to measure our overall physical health, scales have become a preferred tool for medical professionals. Weighing scales date all the way back to ancient times, when they were used to measure items like sacks of gold. This would be done using a lever with two pans. An item would be placed in one of the pans, with known weights added and removed from the opposite pan until the true weight of the item in the other pan could be determined. Although variations of this developed in the centuries that followed, none of it was as accurate as modern scales, which use something called a strain gauge cell to measure the strain an object places on it.
The Bathroom Scale Buying Guide
- The main thing you need out of any scale is accuracy. You need to know that the weight you’re seeing when you step on is correct. Both the Innotech and Etekcity digital scales use precision sensors built on German technology to ensure accurate results.
- Scales now go beyond simply telling you your weight. The GreaterGoods Bluetooth smart scale connects to a smartphone app that helps you track your progress. This, in effect, gives you a full picture of your health. Best of all, you can sync the data to third-party apps where you track your calories, steps and other health data.
- As you stumble to the scale first thing in the morning, bleary-eyed and barely awake, a clear display can make all the difference. The EatSmart digital scale has an extra-large lighted LCD display that you will find easy to read even in a pitch-dark bathroom, thanks to a backlight. The Etekcity scale also has an easy-to-read backlit display.
- Unless you plan to hide your scale in a closet, it will immediately become part of your bathroom décor. That makes it important to consider how it looks. The GreaterGoods, Innotech and Etekcity scales are all solid black, while the EatSmart scale features clear glass. While all of the scales are attractive, the EatSmart likely will blend the best, while the GreaterGoods scale has the appearance of a high-end scale.
- If you do plan to hide your scale in a closet, though, you’ll want to take size into account. The Innotech scale will take up the least amount of space, at 11.7 X 11.7, with both the EatSmart and Etekcity scales measuring around 12 X 12. The GreaterGoods scale is by far the widest and longest of all the scales, measuring 15 X 15.
- You’ll likely want a scale that will last for many years. The GreaterGoods scale features a sturdy frame that supports up to 400 pounds. The Innotech scale is made from sturdy tempered glass, making it also very durable.
- If you have a budget in mind as you start shopping, your decision won’t be too tough. The EatSmart, Innotech and Etekcity scales are all around the $20 mark. The GreaterGoods scale is more than double that price. However, if full health tracking is important to you, the app connectivity feature may make it well worth it.