Epoch Purpose Pro Strut Design Women’s Lacrosse Stick
Last updated date: November 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Women's Lacrosse Sticks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Women's Lacrosse Stick you should buy.
Update as November 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Women’s Lacrosse Stick for a detailed review of all the top women's lacrosse sticks.
Heavy sticks can be difficult to hold and harder to maneuver. Players will appreciate that this women's lacrosse stick is lightweight, providing extra control for a better game. The material is also durable and designed to last several seasons.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the Epoch Purpose Pro Strut Design Women's Lacrosse Stick placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Purpose 15-degree head has changed the landscape of women’s lacrosse since it hit the market in 2017. This game changing head is now available with Epoch’s new Pro Mesh Pocket. Designed in unison, the Pro Mesh pocket is engineered to optimize the sweet spot of the Purpose’s exclusive patent pending 15-degree technology. Each part of the pocket is strategically designed to give you, the player, ultimate control, feel and accuracy when playing. The HT Poly technology is engineered to keep your pocket consistent is all weather conditions with minimal or no adjustments. The visually stunning spine of the Pro Mesh Pocket allows players to adjusted and obtain their desired depth and control while driving the ball to the sweet spot. Just like the Purpose, the Pro Mesh Pocket is engineered and strung in the USA and meets US Lacrosse specs. The head and Pro Mesh combination meets all USL specs at the time of production.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Women's Lacrosse Sticks
Whether you’re just getting started in the sport of women’s lacrosse or you’ve played for years, you need to invest in a quality set of equipment. You’ll want to start with the lacrosse stick, as in a sense, it is an extension of yourself. There are a few features that are important to consider when browsing available lacrosse sticks.
Look at the age and the skill level of the player. Models like the WARRIOR Evo WARP Next Attack Lacrosse Stick are designed for girls age 14 and under who are smaller in stature. Sticks made for adults come in beginner versions, as well as advanced.
Check the construction material used to make the shaft next, as this is the portion of the stick that you’ll be holding. Shafts can be formed from wood, carbon fiber or some type of alloy. The CAKLOR Lacrosse Complete Attack & Midfield Stick is made from an alloy that is lightweight and durable. It’s easy to hold, which gives you more control when you play.
Examine the crosshead next. You want a women’s lacrosse stick to have quality mesh. Whether you opt for a stiff or flexible head is dependent on the position you play. For example, a stiff head is better for defensive players, while the flexible head is preferred for attackers and those who play in the midfield.
Review the shape of the crosshead as well. Pointed scoops improve a player’s accuracy when passing and taking shots at the goal. They are best used by attackers and midfielders. Defenders will want a scoop that’s flat or has a minimal curve, as this shape makes it easier to pick lacrosse balls up off the ground.
The Women's Lacrosse Stick Buying Guide
- Chances are you play lacrosse hard. That can leave your lacrosse stick covered in dirt and sweat. It’s a good idea to clean the stick regularly, which will also extend the stick’s life. Start off wiping the stick down with cold water and a lint-free rag. When you get to the pocket, you’ll continue to use cold water, however, you’ll need to place newspaper in the pocket. This not only helps absorb the water as the stick dries, but it also helps the pocket retain its shape. Set the lacrosse stick out to air dry.
- When not in use, you’ll want to store your women’s lacrosse stick in a lacrosse bag. These bags are also great for transporting your equipment during away games. You’ll find lacrosse bags in a variety of colors, including pink, purple, green, blue and black. Look for a bag that has a strap you can throw over your shoulder to make carrying the equipment easier. Some also contain a front zipper pocket in case you need a place to store your car keys or ID cards.
- Use caution when carrying and handling your lacrosse stick. You don’t want to accidentally whack someone with it.
- If the net on your lacrosse stick comes loose or is wearing down, you don’t need to toss the stick. The netting can be removed and restrung by you or a professional so that the stick is as good as new.
- The price for a women’s lacrosse stick varies greatly based on skill level, construction materials and size. You’ll pay the most for sticks that are geared more for those who play lacrosse competitively.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide