Epilady Rechargeable Hair Removal Epilator
Last updated date: October 13, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Epilators and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Epilator you should buy.
Editor's Note October 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Epilator for a detailed review of all the top epilators.
With 31,000 tweezes a minute, this epilator is able to get the job done in half the time. Users can choose between two operating speeds, both of which remove hair from the roots. You won't need to reuse the epilator for at least 4 to 6 weeks after each use.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the Epilady Epilady Rechargeable Hair Removal Epilator placed 4th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Epilady’s Legend 4 is a rechargeable epilator with fast, smooth operation. Effective for use on any hair color and skin tone. The Legend 4 may be used corded or cordless, making it easy for travel. No need to shave the same spot over and over to get those stranded hairs. The Legend 4 removes the hair directly from the root and gives you results that last up to 4-6 weeks. This leaves your skin silky smooth and flawless. The Legend 4 offers two operating speeds to tweeze your hair to perfection. There’s no need for an expensive spa treatment when you can give yourself one right in your own home. Make your skin feel like it was just freshly waxed. Get great results, fast. At 31,000 tweezes a minute, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can feel clean and refreshed. The wide epilating head ensures fast and smooth action. Let the Legend 4 be your shaver replacement. The Legend 4 works on all hair types and colors, making it the go-to epilator for all. The ergonomic design with rubber touch at gripping points ensures a firm and non-slip hold. Can be used on arms, legs, underarms, bikini area, and face.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Epilators
Over the years, there have been many innovations in the field of hair removal. Shaving has remained a way to quickly and painlessly remove hair for a temporary period. Depilatory creams came about in the 1800s, becoming widely popular in the 1900s in the form of a product called Nair. But in the ’80s, a product came along that promised to revolutionize hair removal. It was called an epilator and was popularized in the U.S. by the Epilady brand.
Today, many women turn to waxing as a more long-term alternative to shaving. Like waxing, epilators remove hair from the roots for longer-lasting removal. But epilators are still around, and they’ve evolved over the years. Today’s generation of epilating women has also come up with tips to help make the process less painful, such as waxing first, then using epilators to take care of new hair growth from that point forward. Some have also found that taking a warm bath can drop the pain factor by more than half.
You can also create a better experience by choosing the right epilator. Today’s models are built to be more efficient, reducing the time you’ll spend removing the hair. Look for an epilator with a wider head and the ability to cover a larger area at once. This will make it more like getting a wax and less like tweezing each hair individually.
If you have sensitive skin, you’ll want to consider an epilator designed to reduce irritation. Some epilators feature hydrating heads to keep moisture on the skin during removal. A waterproof model will also let you enjoy your hair removal in the recommended bath, keeping your skin hydrated and your skin warm.
Safety is another concern when using a hair-removal process. Some epilators have antimicrobial tweezers that provide an additional layer of protection against infection. You’ll also want to look out for epilators that get a little too warm during the hair removal process since spending too much time in one area can harm your skin.
Making sure you get those smaller hairs can be tough, so some epilators build in lights to give you a better view of what you’re doing. You’ll also find epilators with tweezers designed specifically to grip smaller hairs. The build of some epilators will come into play, too, since some more perfectly conform to the contours of the body.
The Epilator Buying Guide
- Ingrown hair can be a problem with any epilator. Look for an epilator that has specially-designed “lifting fingers” that grab those flatter, shorter hairs to help you avoid that problem. With all epilators, consider exfoliating before you start your hair removal session. You should also avoid epilating when you have a sunburn and steer clear of any open cuts or wounds.
- When you’re looking around for an epilator, you’ll want to find one built to get as many hairs at once. This more closely simulates the “ripping off a bandage” effect that you get when you wax. Wider models grab more hairs with each pass. This saves time and reduces discomfort.
- The number of tweezers also increases the efficiency of each pass. The most powerful epilators on the market have as many as 72 tweezers.
- The design of the head factors into an epilator’s efficiency, as well. One with an angled head is designed to get deep into the body’s curves.
- Epilators range in price. However, you’ll spend far more than that for a full-body salon wax throughout the year, so it can save you money over the long term.
- If you’re concerned about infections, look for an epilator with ion tweezers that are made using an antimicrobial coating.
- Avoid focusing too long on one area with any epilator as a safety precaution.
- If you prefer to use your epilator in the shower or bathtub, focus on the Braun Silk-épil 7 SensoSmart Epilator, which is waterproof.
- When it comes down to it, though, what you’re probably most interested in is how well your epilator does its job. The Braun Silk-épil 7 SensoSmart Epilator’s tweezers feature a unique MicroGrip technology that can get even your shortest hairs.
- Even in the best-lit bathroom, it can be tough to see what you’re doing when you’re working hard to get every hair. The Braun Silk-épil 7 SensoSmart Epilator has a built-in light to illuminate your work area.
- Epilators run on rechargeable batteries, so you’ll want to factor that into your decision. The Braun Silk-épil 7 SensoSmart Epilator can charge in an hour, offering 50 minutes of use on a full charge. You can’t use the Braun Silk-épil 7 SensoSmart Epilator while it’s charging, so you’ll need to make sure you plug them in well before your epilating session.
- Although you can use epilators on your face, larger models can make this tougher. The Braun Silk-épil 7 SensoSmart Epilator comes with a special face cap that will help you target narrower surfaces.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide