Emjoi AP-18 eMagine Electric Travel Head Epilator
Last updated date: October 3, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Epilators and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Epilator you should buy.
Update as October 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Epilator for a detailed review of all the top epilators.
One unique feature of this epilator is its "lifting finger," designed to help prevent ingrown hairs. It has 72 tweezers, allowing it to cover a much larger surface area at once. Its affordable price also makes it budget-friendly.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the Emjoi eMagine Electric Travel Head Epilator placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Imagine the “Emagine” from Emjoi. The Emagine from Emjoi is a ground breaking hair remover with 72 tweezer heads that removes hair quickly and comfortably by reducing the number of passes required to achieve the benefits of epilation – smooth and silky skin. Emjoi’s patented “Glide Technology” lifts up the hair for quick and easy removal. Coupled with Emjoi’s innovation of a one fixed tweezer disc and two that open and close, the skin is stretched to increase comfort and efficiently remove hair. The Emagine is also the first epilator in the world to offer Silver Ion Technology to provide antimicrobial protection – from bacterial infections. Emagine’s Dual Opposed Staggered Heads are a completely new feature for an epilator; they allow the epilator to cover more surface area than ever before while grasping and removing the hair in one pass. To reduce the chance of ingrown hairs, the Emagine features exclusive “middle lifting fingers” that lift flat and short hairs for easy epilation. The Emagine is the ultimate hair remover! The Results? – Hair Free for up to 6 weeks while leaving your skin soft and smooth. Middle lifting fingers prepare hair for removal by lifting flat and short hair and decrease the possibility of ingrown hair Removes hair from the root leaving skin smooth for up to 6 weeks. Silver Ion Technology provides antimicrobial protection Curved shape is designed to hug the curves of the body Ergonomically engineered handle is balanced in your hand and is easy to hold and maneuver all over the body Removes hair from the root as short as 0.5mm Gentle enough to remove delicate facial hair on the upper lip and chin Great for removing hair on the legs, bikini line and underarms Soft touch grip for comfort and control 2 Speed
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Epilators
Over the years, there have been many innovations in the field of hair removal. Shaving has remained a way to quickly and painlessly remove hair for a temporary period. Depilatory creams came about in the 1800s, becoming widely popular in the 1900s in the form of a product called Nair. But in the ’80s, a product came along that promised to revolutionize hair removal. It was called an epilator and was popularized in the U.S. by the Epilady brand.
Today, many women turn to waxing as a more long-term alternative to shaving. Like waxing, epilators remove hair from the roots for longer-lasting removal. But epilators are still around, and they’ve evolved over the years. Today’s generation of epilating women has also come up with tips to help make the process less painful, such as waxing first, then using epilators to take care of new hair growth from that point forward. Some have also found that taking a warm bath can drop the pain factor by more than half.
You can also create a better experience by choosing the right epilator. Today’s models are built to be more efficient, reducing the time you’ll spend removing the hair. Look for an epilator with a wider head and the ability to cover a larger area at once. This will make it more like getting a wax and less like tweezing each hair individually.
If you have sensitive skin, you’ll want to consider an epilator designed to reduce irritation. Some epilators feature hydrating heads to keep moisture on the skin during removal. A waterproof model will also let you enjoy your hair removal in the recommended bath, keeping your skin hydrated and your skin warm.
Safety is another concern when using a hair-removal process. Some epilators have antimicrobial tweezers that provide an additional layer of protection against infection. You’ll also want to look out for epilators that get a little too warm during the hair removal process since spending too much time in one area can harm your skin.
Making sure you get those smaller hairs can be tough, so some epilators build in lights to give you a better view of what you’re doing. You’ll also find epilators with tweezers designed specifically to grip smaller hairs. The build of some epilators will come into play, too, since some more perfectly conform to the contours of the body.
The Epilator Buying Guide
- Ingrown hair can be a problem with any epilator. Look for an epilator that has specially-designed “lifting fingers” that grab those flatter, shorter hairs to help you avoid that problem. With all epilators, consider exfoliating before you start your hair removal session. You should also avoid epilating when you have a sunburn and steer clear of any open cuts or wounds.
- When you’re looking around for an epilator, you’ll want to find one built to get as many hairs at once. This more closely simulates the “ripping off a bandage” effect that you get when you wax. Wider models grab more hairs with each pass. This saves time and reduces discomfort.
- The number of tweezers also increases the efficiency of each pass. The most powerful epilators on the market have as many as 72 tweezers.
- The design of the head factors into an epilator’s efficiency, as well. One with an angled head is designed to get deep into the body’s curves.
- Epilators range in price. However, you’ll spend far more than that for a full-body salon wax throughout the year, so it can save you money over the long term.
- If you’re concerned about infections, look for an epilator with ion tweezers that are made using an antimicrobial coating.
- Avoid focusing too long on one area with any epilator as a safety precaution.
- If you prefer to use your epilator in the shower or bathtub focus on a model that is waterproof.
- When it comes down to it, though, what you’re probably most interested in is how well your epilator does its job. Consider a model with tweezers that feature a unique MicroGrip technology that can get even your shortest hairs.
- Even in the best-lit bathroom, it can be tough to see what you’re doing when you’re working hard to get every hair. There are actually models that have a built-in light to illuminate your work area.
- Epilators run on rechargeable batteries, so you’ll want to factor that into your decision. Some can charge in an hour, offering 50 minutes of use on a full charge. You can’t use many models while they are charging, so you’ll need to make sure you plug them in well before your epilating session.
- Although you can use epilators on your face, larger models can make this tougher. Look for an epilator that comes with a special face cap that will help you target narrower surfaces.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide