EKON KITCHEN EXPERT NAB01 Built-In Convertible Range Hood, 30-Inch
Last updated date: May 13, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Range Hoods and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Range Hood you should buy.
Update as May 24, 2022:
Checkout The Best Range Hoods for a detailed review of all the top range hoods.
In our analysis of 34 expert reviews, the EKON KITCHEN EXPERT NAB01 Built-In Convertible Range Hood, 30-Inch placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
✔ high quality stainless steel ✔ 900 CFM large airflow with good balance fans (Capable of Vent-less or recirculation Operation, Charcoal Inclued) ✔ Four-speed soft touch electronic switch control (5 years warranty) ✔ 2 3w LED lights(adjustable) and 2pcs baffle filters ✔ 6″ round exhaust duct vent on top ONLY The EKON Range Hood Insert are a current trend. This Ducted / Ductless Convertible Range Hood is designed to to fit flush with a cabinet, both elegant and powerful. The Built-in Range Hood, a quality kitchen hood, features multi-speed control to provide a quiet, effective performance. Enhance your home today with the NAB01-30IN Range Hood Insert! Sold by EKON KICHEN Factory Directly. Certification: ETL & CETL Compliance with US and Canada Safety Standards. 10 years warranty on motor, 5 years warranty on switch control and LED lamps From the Manufacturer: . *19-gauge stainless steel *Duct Size: 6″ *Vent Location: Top only *Motor Wattage: 240W *Voltage: 120V / 60Hz *NO button noise *3 minutes timer *Ultra-quiet motors: 35 db – 65 db. *Dishwasher-safe, stainless steel baffle filters *Dimensions: 27.75w x 11.77d x 11.41h inches
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Range Hoods
The main kinds of range hoods are under-cabinet, wall-chimney, island, downdraft and ductless. Under-cabinet ones mount beneath the bottoms of wall cabinets, and the ductwork is found inside a wall, ceiling or soffit. With these hoods, the exhaust and fumes get directed outside.
You can also use wall-chimney range hoods when you don’t have cabinets over your range, and the vent stacks will be exposed and mounted to the wall. Kitchen island hoods get mounted to (and vented) through ceiling ductwork.
Figure out how the hood needs to be ducted because you’ll want it to match your range’s configuration. The choices are non-vented, vented or convertible, but some range hoods are ductless, so the primary filters trap grease, oil and exhaust, filter it and redirect it back into the kitchen. Most of these have optional carbon filters to cut down on smells.
Downdraft range hoods reverse the direction of fumes and smoke and send them into ducts beneath the floor. Many range hoods are sold with different connection options since all kitchens aren’t built the same.
You’ll see “CFM” and “sone” in the range hood product descriptions. CMF refers to cubic feet per minute. The higher that is, the more air that gets exhausted. Sone is a measurement unit for loudness, an important thing to look for because no one wants to listen to a noisy fan: look for a lower rating here.
You’ll want at least two fan speeds, and you can get as many as six. A built-in light is also an excellent feature; high-end models have control panels, remote controls and other bells and whistles that aren’t always necessary but pretty nice.
The Range Hood Buying Guide
- Before buying a range hood, understand what kind you need for your kitchen and measure carefully beforehand. The new one should be as wide as the cooktop, but an additional 3 inches on each side is best.
- One sone equals the sound of a softly humming refrigerator when there is no other noise.
- The three primary range hood filters are baffle, charcoal and mesh. Stainless steel baffles are best for heavy-duty cooking, aluminum mesh is fine for everyday cooking, and charcoal ones are usually found in ductless range hoods.
- Not all range hood filters are dishwasher safe, and some are not permanent and need to be replaced from time to time.
- If you want help choosing or installing a range hood, reach out to an HVAC contractor.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide