E-PRANCE Pour Over Coffee Filter Cone
Last updated date: September 11, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pour Over Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pour Over Maker you should buy.
In our analysis of 106 expert reviews, the E-PRANCE E-PRANCE Pour Over Coffee Filter Cone placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 3, 2019:
Checkout The Best Pour Over Maker for a detailed review of all the top pour over makers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
This pour over coffee filter is made of high quality 18/10 (316) stainless steel, paperless and Reusable. The filter cup is designed in double layer mesh, which keeps the coffee grounds in the coffee filters while allowing all the coffee nutrients and flavored oils pass through for a better tasting cup of coffee.【HONEYCOMB DESIGN】This pour over coffee dripper is designed in fashional honeycomb pattern. The outer filter cup is made out of twill weave method, which completely filters out even the finest grinds without any clogging.【NON-SLIP SEPARATE STAND】The separate stand is made of stainless steel, and perfectly fits most cups, mugs or carafes (including Chemex, Hario V60 and other coffee makers). The roll edges at the base prevents the coffee filter from slipping from the cups for more safety. 【HEAT RESISTANT SILICONE HANDLE】This stainless steel coffee filter is designed with your safety in mind. It comes with an easy-to-grip silicone handle to prevent burns or heat exposure when pouring with hot water. 【EASY TO CLEAN】This pour over coffee maker could brew 1-4 cups each time. Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pour Over Makers
Although single-cup coffeemakers and drip brewers may be unrivaled for convenience, they can’t quite get around the fact that flavor is typically lost through the brewing process. For that reason, true coffee connoisseurs have fallen in love with pour over coffeemaking in recent years. Traditionally, pour over coffeemaking was too complicated, requiring special equipment and plenty of patience. However, manufacturers have come up with tools that give you great flavor without all the work.
One of the reasons the pour over method is so useful is that it doesn’t always require paper filters, which trap some of the natural oils in coffee along with the grounds. So you’ll find that the pour over coffeemakers on the market today try to honor that, with many offering stainless steel reusable filters that are both good for the environment and great for preserving flavor.
Paperless filtering helps keep natural oils from coffee, leading to a richer flavor. However, you may find that without that excess filtration, you get some grounds in your coffee. Coffeemakers with microfiber paper and narrow openings can help ensure your cup is as clean as possible, but be aware this can dull the taste.
If you’ve never used a pour over coffeemaker before, you’re understandably concerned about the learning curve. Some coffeemakers come with recipe books, but you can also easily find instructions online, including videos that walk you through it. It may take a bit of a learning curve, but it will be well worth it in the end.
Before you buy, consider the capacity you’ll want. Pour over coffee isn’t meant to be like that pot of coffee you make at seven a.m. that takes you all the way through lunch. Instead, it’s intended to make only enough for the cup you’re presently drinking. However, if you have two or more coffee drinkers in the house, it may be well worth getting a higher-capacity coffeemaker. Otherwise, you’ll have to heat water up separately for each person. Since pour over coffeemakers don’t have a way to stay warm in between cups, you’ll need to use each batch relatively quickly after heating the water up.
DWYM Fun Fact
Modern coffee lovers owe thanks to a German entrepreneur named Amalie Auguste Melitta Bentz, who was instrumental in a couple of major inventions that led to the way the hot beverage tastes today. In 1908, Melitta was unhappy with the flavor of the coffee coming from her percolator and began experimenting with other ways to brew. She discovered when she poured coffee through blotting paper from her son’s schoolbook, the taste improved. This was the beginning of the pour over method that led to Melitta Pour Over Coffemakers hitting the market in the 1930s. Melitta coffeemakers are still sold today, but Melitta is best known as the inventor of the coffee filter, which is even more widely in use.
The Pour Over Maker Buying Guide
- The most important feature any pour over coffeemaker can have is taste. The nonporous glass in the Chemex Classic Glass Pour Over Coffeemaker keeps chemicals from the container from seeping into your coffee, ensuring a pure experience.
- Another factor affecting coffee taste is filtration. The paper coffee filters typically used when brewing have a bad habit of absorbing the oils in the coffee, dulling the flavor. Many pour over coffeemakers feature reusable stainless steel filters that not only keep you from having to buy paper filters, but they allow for a richer flavor experience.
- The Coffee Gator Pour Over Coffee Maker With Filter is made from laser-cut steel that makes it impossible for small particles to pass through. If you prefer paper filters, you’ll want to consider the Chemex Classic Glass Pour Over Coffeemaker, which requires separately purchased Chemex bonded filters. These filters use microfine paper that catches even the smallest coffee grounds to provide a truly clean cup of coffee. These filters are a bit pricey, so make sure you factor that in if you’re comparing prices. However, the trade-off of having a particle-free cup of coffee is that you’ll lose those natural oils that looser filters allow through.
- Capacity is an important consideration. If you’re only planning to make one or two cups of coffee a day, the Coffee Gator Pour Over Coffee Maker With Filter or OXO BREW Pour Over Coffee Dripper will work fine. However, if you need to make more cups at a time, consider the Chemex Classic Glass Pour Over Coffeemaker, which comes in either 3, 6, 8 or 10-cup models. The Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker with Filter comes in 17, 34 or 51-ounce versions.
- One feature you may not think about with pour over coffee is how warm it will stay once you’ve poured your first cup. This is especially important if you’re investing in a coffeemaker with a capacity that goes beyond one cup. There is no function that keeps pour over coffeemakers warm when not in use, so larger-capacity models may not be very useful unless you’re making coffee for multiple people at once.
- Some pour over coffeemakers are plastic, while others are made from glass. The biggest benefit of plastic-based coffeemakers is that they’re more durable than glass usually is. The OXO BREW Pour Over Coffee Dripper is plastic, while the Coffee Gator Pour Over Coffee Maker With Filter is made from glass and therefore not as likely to survive a drop. But you do sacrifice taste with plastic, as water heated in plastic can taste slightly contaminated. To overcome this limitation while also being somewhat durable, the Chemex Classic Glass Pour Over Coffeemaker and Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker with Filter are both made from borosilicate glass, which is thick enough that it can take the heat and handle gentle drops. It’s important to note that this doesn’t make them completely shatter-resistant, just more so than coffeemakers made from thinner types of glass.
- Safety is another consideration if you choose glass over plastic. Glass can more easily transfer heat to your hands. To compensate for that, the Chemex Classic Glass Pour Over Coffeemaker and Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker with Filter have a collar around the middle of each carafe that you can use when picking it up. The Coffee Gator Pour Over Coffee Maker With Filter keeps you safe with a rubber handle. You’ll still need to be careful where you grab any time you have heated liquids inside glass.