Dwelling With Pride Desk Pad & Gaming Surface Mat
Last updated date: August 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Desk Pads and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Desk Pad you should buy.
This desk mat measures 17 by 36 inches and can fit a laptop and accessories easily for a good gaming experience. It comes with different colors on each side for flexibility, offers a non-slip grip and has a leather-like texture. In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the Dwelling With Pride Dwelling With Pride Desk Pad & Gaming Surface Mat placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Desk Pad for a detailed review of all the top desk pads.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
Never again will you have to worry about damage or stains on your desk. Our desk accessory protects your table from water spills, coffee burns, and scratches. We made our desk pad extra thick and large to give your desk the full protection it needs. It’s perfect for placing your laptop, mouse, magazines, gadgets, and beverage. With a non-slip function, our PU leather mat doesn’t slide or move when you write, type, or drink. It’s the perfect desk accessory for gamers who tend to move their mouse around. Our product is made of premium quality double PU leather that’s soft but long lasting. It is high quality on both sides with edges that do not fray or come apart. Each side of the mat features a new color, so we have you covered no matter your preference.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Desk Pads
Desk pads can provide a small or large covering that helps protect your desk’s surface from scratches, spills and wear. They also work well for giving you a smoother surface where you can write or draw and can eliminate the need for accessories like a mouse pad.
Before buying a desk pad, think about the main purpose so that you can decide the size and features that fit your needs. For example, you may plan to use your pad mainly for writing or drawing, or you may need a place for your laptop, desktop or tablet.
Depending on the brand, desk mats can come in several sizes that range from as small as the size of a laptop to as large as an entire desk. Smaller sizes will work best for laptop users who just need a little extra space for a mouse, phone or tablet. Desktop users should consider the largest mats that can hold a keyboard, mouse, drawing tablet and other accessories.
Most often, desk mats come in genuine and artificial leather materials as well as plastic. While artificial leather can provide a premium look and offer long-lasting durability, some users may not like the leather smell or high price and seek an alternative. Artificial leather desk mats come at a more affordable price, don’t have the leather smell and still have a similar appearance.
You can find desk mats in traditional colors like black, white and brown to fit into any office or home setting. You can also find bolder choices such as blue, green, silver and pink for a more casual look. Some brands like EMINTA and Dwelling With Pride use a different color on each side to give you versatility.
Lastly, you’ll want to look at the level of protection the desk mat offers. You’ll most often find choices that don’t get damaged by water or heat while some offer oil resistance too. At the least, you can expect a good level of stain and scratch protection.
DWYM Fun Fact
Before the 1960s, the main purpose of a desk mat was to offer a good writing surface for people using fountain pens. Since writing on a direct wooden surface led to bumpy writing and fatigue, people sought a desk mat that would provide a flat, smooth surface for more comfortable writing.
The company JKS Marketing came up with the idea of a desk mat that could offer a dual purpose for both writing and protecting the desk’s surface. These first desk pads were made of fine leather and mainly intended for company use.
Thanks to these early developments, now you can find desk mats in a variety of materials, colors and prices for use in any setting.
The Desk Pad Buying Guide
- If you feel unsure about the right size of desk mat you need, it helps to place your computer and other accessories together on your desk in the position you usually have them. Tape a tape measure and measure how long and deep of a space you need. Leaving a few inches of space for flexibility, choose the desk mat size that most closely matches those measurements.
- Desktop computer users have some flexibility in how they use their desk mats. If you have an all-in-one system or thin monitor, you could potentially place this device on the mat itself and still have room for your peripherals like your mouse and keyboard. You could also place the computer on the desk itself and use that extra space on the mat for things like your phone, drawing tablet or pen and paper.
- To avoid buying a desk mat that doesn’t provide enough grip and causes frustration when you write or use your devices, make sure the chosen brand mentions an anti-grip surface on the bottom of the pad. Since some desk pads let you use either side, check that both sides offer slip resistance for these types of products.
- Since your desk mat will get dirty over time, be sure to clean it based on the material. If you have a genuine leather desk mat, you’ll need to use a special leather cleanser and potentially follow up with a leather conditioner for the best results. Plastic and artificial leather desk mats are easier to clean since you can simply wipe them clean with regular soap and water.
- If you plan to only use a desk pad at certain times, you can usually roll it up easily and even take it with you on the go. Some brands will feature a special loop that keeps the desk mat secured until you’re ready to use it. Keep in mind that some materials like faux leather may stay curled up and need some extra work to flatten out afterward.