Dripsie 3.25-Inch Clog-Resistant Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket
Last updated date: October 4, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Sink Strainer Baskets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket you should buy.
Update as October 4, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket for a detailed review of all the top kitchen sink strainer baskets.
This kitchen sink strainer basket is made out of a BPA-free plastic that can bend and twist. You won't have any trouble getting collected food to release quickly from this strainer. Thanks to the patent pending design, this basket also allows water to pass through, even when the basket is full.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Dripsie 3.25-Inch Clog-Resistant Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket placed 5th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Unlike other sink strainers, it fits snugly inside the sink drain; no bulky rim to block the flow of food and water. The Dripsie sink strainer is designed with function in mind and will be your go-to clog-resistant drain strainer. ANTI-CLOG TECHNOLOGY: The Dripsie sink strainer's patent pending design features a combination of drain holes, side vents, and hollow central stem to ensure excellent clog resistance, even when the sink strainer basket is full. DURABLE MATERIALS: Our universal kitchen sink strainer is flexible and extremely durable, the mixture of rubber and plastic means a longer use life. It will not scuff or rust like other stainless steel sink strainers on the market. UNIVERSAL DESIGN: Fits most standard kitchen sink drains. The Dripsie kitchen sink strainer is 3.25” wide, matching the internal diameter of most standard sink drains. HONEST MANUFACTURING: Dishwasher safe, BPA free, and proudly made in the USA.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Sink Strainer Baskets
Kitchen sink strainer baskets are important for two reasons. First, they allow you to trap the water in your sink to soak pots and pans or wash dishes. Second, they keep dirt and food particles from entering your pipes and causing a clog. If you’re in the market for a new strainer basket, there are a few things you’ll want to look for.
Start off examining the material that the kitchen sink strainer basket is made out of. Most are constructed using stainless steel, which has a host of benefits. It’s extremely durable and hard to dent or ding. It’s also resistant to rust and corrosion.
Next, flip the strainer basket over and examine the underside. You want the basket to have a built-in sink protector. Usually, these are made of silicone. They are designed not to scratch the surface of your sink.
Count how many strainer baskets you need. The Fengbao Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch comes in a 2-pack for kitchens with dual sinks. In the event that you have dual-sinks and a garbage disposal, you’d do better with the 4.5-inch 3-pack.
Look at the size of the basket’s holes, also called perforations. The tinier the holes, the less food will slip down into your drain. You can get a strainer with holes as tiny as 2 millimeters in diameter.
Determine whether you want your kitchen sink strainer basket to have a stopper or not. Look for a model that has a stopper in the center, which gives you the added benefit of filling the sink with soapy dishwater. You can clean your dishes or soak a baking dish that has a little stuck-on food attached to it.
Check for any extra features that set the strainer apart from other models. For example, some have wider rims, while others are colored to match the theme in your kitchen.
The Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket Buying Guide
- Consider creating an additional seal to keep water from seeping out the basket’s sides. This can be done easily and inexpensively using plumbers putty. You have the option of applying the putty to the basket’s under-rim or around the edge of the sink itself.
- Most kitchen sink strainer baskets are dishwasher-safe, but if you purchase one made of plastic, you’ll have to wash it by hand. All you need is a little liquid dish soap and warm water. If you have trouble dislodging food particles from the basket holes, use a toothbrush.
- It’s a good idea to disinfect your strainer basket every so often. You can do this with a bleach wipe or by pouring a little white distilled vinegar over the basket and wiping it down with a rag. Rinse the basket clean afterward and then place it back in your sink so it’s ready for use.
- If your sink has a drain that is smaller or larger than the average sink, you’ll want to make sure the strainer basket that you purchase will fit properly. Always measure the drain’s diameter in inches, as this is the measurement that you’ll find on the product packaging.
- Pricing varies among kitchen sink strainer baskets for several reasons. The Fengbao Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch, for example, costs more than the other baskets because the package actually contains two strainers. A basket that has a flexible plastic stopper with a patent-pending design is also able to command a higher value.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide