DreamFoam Revitalizing Gel CertiPUR-US Certified Twin Mattress Topper
Last updated: February 20, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Twin Mattress Toppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Twin Mattress Topper you should buy.
The unique swirl pattern of the gel in this twin mattress topper not only helps you sleep cooler, but it also provides pressure point relief that helps side sleepers. If you sleep with a partner, you'll also find that the gel helps absorb movement. It's only 2 inches in thickness, so it will be easier to find mattress pads and fitted sheets for it.In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the DreamFoam Revitalizing Gel CertiPUR-US Certified Twin Mattress Topper placed 9th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Revitalize your aging mattress with our Dream foam Bedding 2-Inch Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper. The soft viscos-elastic memory foam will add comfort and increase the quality of your mattress immediately. It is a great way to add a bit of plushness to a firm mattress as well! Our Gel Swirl Topper is Made in the USA and Crete-PUR US Certified. This means that our toppers are made without ozone depletes, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tries”) flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde or phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
What experts liked
Twin Mattress Topper Rankings
You need support from your mattress, but you also want it to be comfortable. Instead of spending extra money on a mattress that has a layer of gel or foam built in, you can buy a mattress pad to turn any mattress into one that uses the latest technology to keep you comfortable while you sleep.
Mattress pads come in a variety of formats, though. There are three major types of fillers you’ll find as you start shopping for one. Down alternative polyester filling is one of them, but if you go for this option, make sure the cover is stitched in a way that the filler won’t shift and move around after it’s been used for a while. You’ll also find memory foam, which conforms to your body, then returns to its original shape once your weight is removed.
In recent years, gel has become a popular material for mattress toppers. Gel not only provides comfort and support, but it also has properties that keep you cool while you sleep. If you tend to sweat and feel overly warm during the night hours, this can be especially useful.
One of the best things a mattress topper can do is relieve some of the weight on your pressure points. Pressure points are any areas of your body that press into the mattress. These depend on your sleeping positions. Make sure you know how you sleep and choose the topper designed to minimize those pressure points.
- You can easily buy a mattress topper online. It will be rolled up and stored in a box to ship. Once all the packaging is removed, plan to give the topper at least a day or two to expand and release its odors before using it. Each topper will have its own instructions for this.
- Gel is useful for absorbing movement. This means if you sleep with a partner, you won’t have to worry as much about motion transfer when one of you is tossing and turning all night.
- Mattress toppers vary in thickness. Make sure any mattress pad or fitted sheet you plan to use will fit around both your mattress and the topper before you buy. You may have to buy a fitted sheet with a “deep pocket” design.
- Some mattress toppers can be tossed into the washer when they need a good cleaning. This can be useful since bedding can host allergens and bacteria.
- In recent years, mattresses have built in odor-fighting features. Some use natural ingredients like green tea extract as an odor reducer. You’ll also find some that are lightly scented with relaxing aromas like lavender.
- Airflow can be an issue with mattress toppers. One that is textured or uses cooling gel can help reduce bacteria buildup and keep your bedding breathable.