Dr. Bronner’s Organic Lotion for Hands & Body, Patchouli Lime
Last updated date: February 20, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Organic Hand Lotions and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Organic Hand Lotion you should buy.
If you're looking for an organic hand lotion that also works on your face and body, the Dr. Bronner's Organic Lotion for Hands & Body, Patchouli Lime is the way to go. This formula is vegan-friendly and non-GMO project verified. It can be used on sensitive skin, as it is both soothing and nourishing. The lotion also uses essential oils for a pleasant fragrance instead of chemicals. In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Dr. Bronner's Dr. Bronner's Organic Lotion for Hands & Body, Patchouli Lime placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Organic Hand Lotion for a detailed review of all the top organic hand lotions.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Organic Hand Lotions
Your hands are in constant use throughout the day, so you want to take good care of them. Adding an organic hand lotion to your skincare routine is important. As you browse the available options, you’ll want to thoroughly examine each products’ ingredients.
Start off making sure that the ingredients in the organic hand soap you’re looking into aren’t made up of any harsh chemicals, parabens or GMOs. You also don’t want a lotion that uses fragrances, dyes or artificial fillers, as they are often irritants for people with sensitive skin.
Check the product label to ensure it meets your religious, moral or ethical convictions. For example, there are kosher organic hand lotions, cruelty-free lotions and lotions made in the U.S.
Look for natural ingredients that are known to hydrate and soothe dry skin. Some formulas use aloe, while others use coconut oil or shea butter. There are organic hand lotions that have also been infused with vitamins, like vitamin B5.
Consider any added ingredients that make the organic hand lotion unique. For example, you may wish to go with a particular company because they add green tea to their lotion for energy, or perhaps a company that uses essential and botanical oils to create a pleasant scent is more up your alley.
DWYM Fun Fact
While applying an organic hand lotion regularly is a great way to rehydrate dry hands, it’s a good idea to determine what is causing your hands to become dry in the first place. Here are a few reasons you may be suffering from dry skin:
- The weather: Colder temperatures during the winter months and low humidity levels are often the culprits behind dry skin. On top of that, the artificial heat you use to keep your home warm is dry and can contribute to the problem.
- Harsh soaps: Soaps that contain harsh chemicals can wash away the oils on your skin and leave your hands feeling dry and undernourished. Using hot water and washing her hands too frequently can also further dry out your skin.
- Skin disorders: There are a few skin disorders that are known for causing dry skin. These include eczema, psoriasis, allergies and hypothyroidism.
The Organic Hand Lotion Buying Guide
- Before you use an organic hand lotion for the first time, test it on a small area of your skin. Even though the ingredients are plant-based and chemical-free, that doesn’t mean you can’t be allergic to one of them.
- It’s good practice to apply a small amount of lotion to your hands every time you wash them.
- Look for a satisfaction guarantee, so you have recourse if the organic hand lotion doesn’t live up to your expectations.
- To determine which organic hand lotion is the best buy, you must first figure out the price per ounce, as the bottles may vary in how many ounces they contain. To do this, simply divide the total price by the total number of ounces. You’ll find the Puracy Organic Hand & Body Lotion, Unscented and the Avalon Organics Aloe Hand & Body Lotion, Unscented are some of the most affordable organic hand lotions on the market, while the MaryRuth Organics Hand Cream and Body Lotion, Unscented and the Awake Human Intensive Hand Cream and Body Lotion fall on the higher end of the price scale.