DIBBATU Nylon Extreme Environment Bivy
Last updated date: January 13, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bivys and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bivy you should buy.
Update as January 12, 2023:
Checkout The Best Bivy for a detailed review of all the top bivys.
With this high-quality bivy, you're sure to stay nice and warm. In fact, the emergency tool is able to retain 90% of a person's body heat. Additional uses include protecting yourself from the elements and creating a barrier between the ground and your sleeping bag.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the DIBBATU Nylon Extreme Environment Bivy placed 2nd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Emergency Sleeping Bags: Keep warm and Alive.Used as a survival emergency Bivy Sack, poncho, emergency shelter, Protect you from rain,wind and snow. It can be used as ground cover, sleeping bag liner when you in extreme environments. Easy to Use: Just pull out the bivy sack, unroll and climb inside.Emergency sleeping bag can be used as a sleeping bag liner to keep your body temperature.Orange is a great color for signaling. Compact and Lightweight: This thermal sleeping bag kept in a small bag ,easy to carry and store,you can carry and store it in any place, and also you can reuse if you want. Multipurpose: A must-have tent camping gear when camping, hiking, tactical gear and travel first aid kit.with the highest quality materials available to create the best emergency bag. Suitable for outdoor camping and hunting,emergency shelter,or emergency. Package: Includes 2/4 pack survival sleeping bags.Each emergency sleeping bag measures 83x 35 inches,Lightweight at 4 oz. Made of extra-thick material.This is A must for everyone who like outdoor expedition.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bivys
Originally developed as a one-person shelter to protect mountaineers and climbers from rain and snow during multi-day ascents, the bivouac sack — or bivy sack — now has a wider range of uses. A traditional bivy sack, made from a waterproof, tear-resistant fabric, performs two basic functions: to increase the user’s body temperate and keep them dry.
Bivies — reminiscent of an ultra-lightweight sleeping bag or extra-large rain jacket shell — have all have a built-in head opening and come with features like drawstrings around the head opening to seal out moisture, full-length zippers and factory-sealed seams for extra warmth. The outer shell of the sacks is available in many different colors, including bright, attention-grabbing hues like red and yellow to improve the user’s visibility to rescue crews.
The products, which are stored in a compact bag, are ideal for emergency preparedness, backcountry excursions, long-distance biking trips, train running and winter camping. The primitive shelters are ideal for sleeping in technical terrain, where ledges are too cramped for a tent, but can also be used as a poncho, blanket, sleeping bag liner, ground cover and more. Some bivy sacks are also equipped with a whistle and a nylon core drawstring that can be used to secure or repair gear, making those options great for emergency situations. Because bivies can be reused, easily stored and often weigh just a few ounces, they’re convenient for travel and outdoor adventure.
What’s the difference between a bivy sack and a bivy shelter? The latter is a low-rise tent that includes mesh panels attached to the head opening or hoops to keep the fabric off your face (think: a fancy bivy sack).
The Bivy Buying Guide
- Depending on the product, bivy sacks are designed to help users retain up to 90% of their body heat.
- If you’re a tent camper who wants to downsize to a no-fuss shelter, a bivy sack could be the answer; since they require no setup, pitching or breakdown, they’re great for adventurers who want to maximize their time with a fast overnight.
- Bivies are great alternatives to tents in warmer temperatures (for example, above 50).
- If you plan to use your bivy sack for camping, increase your comfort by placing a bottle filled with hot water in the core zone (your crotch or armpit area) for extra warmth, use a sleeping pad underneath for extra cushion and pull the drawstring around the opening snugly around your head to avoid breathing into the bivy and to seal out moisture.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide