Denman Tangle Tamer Ultra Detangler Brush
Last updated: October 11, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Denman Brushes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Denman Brush you should buy.
If you have either long or thick hair, this Denman brush is the best option. It's larger in size and designed to glide effortlessly through tough tangles. You won't have any trouble controlling the brush either, as it's constructed with an ergonomically shaped handle.In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Denman Tangle Tamer Ultra Detangler Brush placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our hairbrush is designed with short & long length bristle which glides through tough knot & tangles easily.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Denman Brush Rankings
There’s a reason celebrities and well-known stylists, like Paul Stafford, Junior Green and Georgia Bell, choose to use Denman brushes. The 80-year old company has proven time and time again that their hairbrushes are quality made and designed to produce luxurious locks. If you’re in the market for a new hairbrush, you’ll want to give one of the Denman brushes a try.
When it comes to day-to-day styling, you’ll want to go with one of Denman’s classic brushes, such as the Denman 7 Row D3 Classic Styling Brush or the Denman 9 Row D41 Women’s Styling Hair Brush. These classic brushes are great for any hair type and can be used on wet or dry hair. The nylon bristles are sculpted with round ends and placed in rows. The only difference between the seven-row model and the nine-row is that the nine-row is larger.
Each of the Denman brushes come with an anti-static rubber pad, which stops friction from causing annoying frizz and flyaways. The handles are also made using an ergonomic design that keeps wrists from tiring. The handles are easy to grip, which means you’ll have more control as you work through your hair.
Individuals who have trouble with knots and tangles will want to go with one of Denman’s brushes that space their bristles out a bit more widely. The Denman Tangle Tamer Ultra Detangler Brush is one such brush. Larger gaps between the bristles not only makes it easier for the bristles to glide through hair, but it also reduces the chances of hair damage during the brushing process.
Should you have a more sensitive scalp, you’ll want to stick with a brush made using all-natural boar bristles. The Denman D81L Nylon Quill Boar Bristle Hair Brush uses flexible bristles and an air-cushioned pad that are gentle on scalps. The natural bristles also do a great job of reducing frizz and adding shine, in addition to detangling hair.
While all of the Denman brushes can be used to style hair, models with air vents are best when styling with a hairdryer. With this type of brush, air is able to flow freely through the brush and circulate around the roots of your hair.
- Hairbrushes can become quite dirty, especially if you use any mouse, gel or hairspray in your hair. You’ll need to set aside time to give them a good cleaning. Start off by removing any hair that has been collected in the bottom of the brush. A comb or pointed pencil can help you get the hair up and away from the bristles. Next, fill your bathroom sink with warm water and a drop of shampoo. Set the hairbrush in the water and wait five minutes for it to soak. Afterward, you can use a toothbrush to clean the bristles. Rinse the hairbrush off under the faucet and set it upside down on a clean cloth. Wait for the brush to air dry before you begin using it again.
- Never store your brushes near a heat source or in the path of direct sunlight.
- You can actually purchase a mini Denman brush that’s attached to a keyring. That way, you always have a brush on hand for afternoon or evening touch-ups.
- All of the Denman brushes are lightweight and travel friendly.
- When selecting a Denman brush, you may wish to take price into consideration. The Denman 7 Row D3 Classic Styling Brush and the Denman 9 Row D41 Women’s Styling Hair Brush are both classic brushes that have a more affordable price tag. Since the Denman Tangle Tamer Ultra Detangler Brush and the Denman D81L Nylon Quill Boar Bristle Hair Brush are specialty brushes, you can expect to pay a little more for them.