DBPOWER 800A 18000mAh Portable Car Battery Jump Starter
Last updated date: April 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Battery Jump Starters For Cars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Battery Jump Starter For Cars you should buy.
Update as April 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Battery Jump Starter For Cars for a detailed review of all the top battery jump starters for cars.
This compact battery charger works on vehicles that are up to 7.2L gas or 5.5L diesel, and it is small enough to fit in a glove compartment. It also has an LCD screen that indicates how much power it has left, so you will know when to charge it.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the DBPOWER 800A 18000mAh Portable Car Battery Jump Starter placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
POWERFUL & COMPACT: Jump start your vehicle (up to 7.2L gas or 5.5L diesel engine) up to 20 times with 800 amps of peak current and heavy-duty clamps and cables. Compact enough to store in your glovebox. SMART CHARGING PORT: With 18000mAh capacity and smart USB port, it can fully charge your laptops (include 8 in 1 laptop adapters in the package), smartphones, tablets, and other devices at the fastest speed possible. PROTECTION: The high quality and spray gold intelligent jumper clamps have over current protection, short circuit protection, overload protection, over-voltage protection, over-charge protection. LCD SCREEN & COMPASS: The new-added LCD screen can exactly show the remaining power. The compass can help you find your way home when get lost in the wild. WHAT YOU GET: DBPOWER Jump Starter DJS50, intelligent jumper clamps, 12V wall charger, 12V car charger, use guide, our fan-favorite 3-year Warranty specially extended for DBPOWER jump starters, and friendly customer service.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Battery Jump Starters For Cars
When car batteries die, drivers can find themselves stranded if they don’t have the right tools. Jumper cables can recharge batteries, but only when they are connected to other batteries. There is always the option of calling for roadside assistance, but if you have a compact jump starter, you can easily charge the battery yourself.
The latest battery jump starters are made with compact lithium-ion batteries. They are generally budget-friendly, and the smallest ones are about as big as a book and weigh only a pound. These compact jump starters can start up cars in seconds, and they may have other functions as well.
Some of these chargers have built-in LED flashlights, which are invaluable if your vehicle has broken down in the dark. Look for other features, too, like built-in USB ports, other connectors and air compressors. With all these extras, a portable battery charger can be the most important part of your car or home’s emergency kits.
The Battery Jump Starter For Cars Buying Guide
- Avoid old-school, lead-acid jump-starters, which do not work as well as lithium jump starters. The former can weigh as much as 40 pounds, and they do not last as long.
- Check the type of battery your vehicle has before buying the jump starter. Most cars and SUVs work on 6- to 12-volt batteries, and you may need an industrial-grade charger for larger trucks.
- You will also need to know what type of engine you have before picking out a charger. For example, 4-cylinder gasoline engines run on 150 to 250 amps, and 6-cylinder gas engines run on 250 to 350 amps.
- Check for safety features like reverse polarity and short circuit protection.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide