DAYOO Flexible Silicone Ice Cube Trays, 24-Cube
Last updated date: February 16, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Cube Trays and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Cube Tray you should buy.
In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the Dayoo DAYOO Flexible Silicone Ice Cube Trays, 24-Cube placed 11th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ice Cube Tray for a detailed review of all the top ice cube trays.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Safe & Nontoxic Material: Made of food-grade silicone, which are certified by LFGB and FDA to be BPA free, chemical-free, lead free. Recommend soaking for 15 minutes or longer before first use, then hand wash and dry thoroughly. And you can put the ice cube trays into your dishwasher after use, easy to clean up. Quick & Flexible Ice Removal: Each ice cube trays includes 24 cavities, 2 pack in total 48. Flexible non-stick silicone material and independent cube compartment design make it easier to release ice cubes. Simply get ice cubes out by pushing the bottom without bending or twisting. Tray Size: 9.5" x 3.8" x 1.15", cube size: 1.1" x 1.1" x 1.0". Stackable & Removable Lids: The ice cube trays come with a ABS lids, not only prevents spills, but keeps the contents inside from absorbing freezer odor or taste. The ice trays also stack easily without sticking to each other, helping to keep your freezer neat and organized. Easy to Use & Multifunction DIY: Applicable to -22℉ ~ 446℉, soft silicone materials won't crack or break even after long freezing. This set of silicone ice cube trays is not limited to make ice, it's also ideal for making all kinds of DIY ice food like ice cream, pudding, jelly and freezing fruit, juice, whisky, cocktail, yogurt, coffee, baby food and more. Eco-Friendly & Reduce Waste: These ice cube trays are reusable and washable, helps protect our ground, rivers, and marine life, Reduce pollution of disposable plastic and damage to the environment. Also impress your family and friends to use this reusable silicone ice cube trays. Reduce use or discard the plastic ice cube trays
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Cube Trays
Nobody wants a lukewarm glass of iced tea or lemonade on a hot summer day. Ice cubes do an excellent job of keeping these drinks nice and cool. Of course, depending on the type of ice cube tray you buy, you can also use this handy kitchen tool to make everything from popsicles for the kids to herb-infused cubes for the adults to add to their alcoholic beverages.
No matter what type of ice cube tray you decide on, you need to make sure it is free of toxins and that it doesn’t contain any BPA. You don’t want chemicals leeching into the ice you’re going to drink later on. It’s also ideal to check the product label for that FDA approved logo.
Determine whether you need smaller ice cubes that fit most cups, like the Kitch Easy Release Ice Cube Trays, 16-Cube, or larger ice cubes that melt much slower. You can even go with the Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube, which makes large cubes in both circular and box shapes.
Check whether the ice cube trays can be stacked or not. This is important if you need to make the most of your freezer space. Traditional models are built to be stacked on top of each other, but there’s also the option of going with a tray that has a lid. The Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube has a unique lid that also doubles as a tray, which is nice if you need to serve cocktails to your house guests.
Finally, make sure the ice cube tray is built to easily release the ice cubes. You don’t want to have to fight with the tray to get the ice cubes out. The OXO No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 14-Cube releases its ice cubes when the user holds on to the sides and gives the tray a twist, but other models allow you to flip the tray over and simply push on the bottom to pop the cubes out.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know Jin Songhao from China holds the World Record for the longest bath in a tub full of ice cubes? He lasted an astounding 115 minutes! Here are a few more fun facts you may not know about ice cubes:
- Back in 1933, an ice cube tray cost just 50 cents.
- Before the invention of the ice cube tray, people had to chip away at large blocks of ice to get a little ice to add to their beverages.
- Rubber ice cube trays were invented after Lloyd Groff Copeman noticed that the icy slush he was walking through just slid off his rubber boots instead of sticking to them.
The Ice Cube Tray Buying Guide
- It’s important to note that stacked trays can freeze together.
- Don’t overfill the ice cube trays or the ice will be hard to remove after it sets.
- Always check the product label for cleaning instructions. Most ice cube trays can be cleaned in a dishwasher; however, some will require hand washing.
- Ice cube trays are handy for much more than just freezing water. You can use them to make dishwasher detergent packets, sushi bites, peanut butter cups and even seed bombs. You can also reuse old ice cube trays as paint palettes or to store craft supplies.
- Ice cube trays vary in price based on construction materials and the size of the ice cubes. You’ll find the Kitch Easy Release Ice Cube Trays, 16-Cube uses a traditional design and is the most affordable. You’ll pay a little more for the OXO No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 14-Cube, as it also comes with a lid. The Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube and the Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube are more expensive because they make large cubes.