CUSHIONAIRE Women’s Mandy Cork Espadrille Platform Sandal
Last updated date: August 4, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Women's Platform Sandals and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Women's Platform Sandal you should buy.
Update as August 11, 2022:
Checkout The Best Women’s Platform Sandals for a detailed review of all the top women's platform sandals.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the CUSHIONAIRE Women's Mandy Cork Espadrille Platform Sandal placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Imported. Cork sole. Soft Stretch Gore Upper. Slip-on Wear. Cushioned Comfort Insole. Rope Midsole / Traction Outsole. 2 Inch Heel
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Women's Platform Sandals
High-heeled shoes are a go-to footwear item when it’s time to dress up or just create a little height lift. But heels come with some downsides. They can put long-term foot health at risk in addition to the short-term discomfort they may cause, especially if you spend hours on your feet.
But there’s another risk that comes with high heels. Each year, emergency rooms see footwear-related injuries specific to high heels. The majority of those issues are to the foot and ankle, with some even suffering broken bones. Still, despite all these injuries, high-heeled shoes remain popular across the globe.
Stability remains an ongoing issue with high heels. By shifting the weight to the ball of your foot, you risk losing balance as you’re walking around. Platform heels offer lift while also evening the balance throughout the foot. If you’re used to wearing flats, this even distribution can keep the center of gravity where you’re used to it being.
Platform sandals bring these benefits to a more casual shoe, letting you look great while also feeling comfortable. Some come with padded footbeds that will give you plenty of cushioning while you’re on your feet. But it’s also important to look at the straps on any sandal to make sure they won’t rub your foot throughout the day, leaving blisters or callouses.
You can find dressy platform sandals, as well, but it’s important to make sure they have the lift in front you need. If the lift of the heel is disproportionate to the lift in the front, you’ll still suffer the imbalance issues you’d get with a traditional high heel.
Appearance is an important feature when you’re looking for a shoe. Sometimes it might even be more important than comfort, especially if you’re buying shoes for a dressy occasion or to wear with a certain outfit. You can find platform sandals that combine comfort with appearance to get the best of all possible worlds.
The Women's Platform Sandal Buying Guide
- Espadrilles are a classic sandal that is both comfortable and eye-pleasing. True espadrilles feature a sole made from rope, but you can find some that create the look using other materials. You can find platform shoes in an espadrille design that give that lift while also bringing all the benefits of this traditional sandal.
- Look at the heel and platform measurements of any platform shoe. You’ll want one that offers the lift you want without bending the foot at an uncomfortable angle.
- Look at how the shoe slides on and off. Sandals you can easily slip into can be convenient, but they might not give you the secure fit you want. You may find that a sandal with buckles lets you customize the fit. But make sure the buckle is made from quality materials that won’t rub your ankle or foot while you’re walking around.
- You can find platform sandals in a variety of colors and styles. Some are more limited than others. If you’re looking for a specific color, especially if it’s not a neutral tone, your options will be much more limited.
- Weightier shoes can create fatigue if you’re walking around for a while. But lighter-weight shoes might not offer the durability and stability you need. Look for a pair of sandals that combines both to craft the perfect footwear option.
- A ridged bottom can offer the traction you need on slippery surfaces. Pay attention to the underside of any pair of platform sandals you buy and choose one that will keep you safe if you find yourself traveling across a slick floor or wet sidewalk.
- A cushioned footbed can go a long way toward keeping you comfortable when you’re on your feet for long periods of time. Many sandals now build in a little bit of padding for a more luxurious feel.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide