COVERGIRL Lash Blast Volume Boosting Waterproof Mascara
Last updated date: July 5, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Waterproof Mascaras and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Waterproof Mascara you should buy.
Update as July 5, 2022:
Checkout The Best Waterproof Mascara for a detailed review of all the top waterproof mascaras.
The familiar Covergirl Lash Blast Volume in the orange tube is easily recognizable and signifies the super mega mascara inside. This great product is offered in four colors, will not flake or clump and is certified cruelty-free.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the COVERGIRL Lash Blast Volume Boosting Waterproof Mascara placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MAX OUT THOSE LASHES: Designed to max out every lash, this Lash Blast Volume Mascara creates 10 times more volume instantly. MEGA VOLUME IN AN INSTANT: Instant blast of fullness and length. PICK YOUR SHADE: Available in 4 different colors, so you can choose how bold you want to go. ZERO CLUMPS: This volumizing mascara evenly coats each lash with no clumping or flaking. CRUELTY-FREE: Covergirl products are Leaping Bunny Certified by Cruelty-Free International, meaning they are never tested on animals.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Waterproof Mascaras
Regular mascaras can make eyelashes appear curled, longer, thicker, fanned out and even fake. Still, mascara that is not waterproof can smudge, fade and come off more quickly than its counterparts.
The best waterproof versions stay flawless, even in the ocean, pool or shower and perform better in heat and humidity. Anyone whose mascara starts to run when they swim, sweat or cry can benefit from using waterproof versions.
Waterproof mascaras contain added silicones and waxes to make them resistant to water. These same ingredients can also make your lashes thicker and curled and can also help the product last longer. Sometimes, using waterproof mascara daily can dry out your lashes over time. This dryness is not always the case, but you might want to save it for specific occasions and use a washable one the rest of the time; also, remember to take it off at night.
Drugstores, department stores and high-end cosmetics companies usually have versions of waterproof mascaras, and the prices can range from under $5 to $50 or higher. Check how much mascara is in there; one may seem value-priced, but you may be getting less product. Besides the mascara inside the tubes, you’ll find other things to compare, like the wand’s shape and how the tube is designed and decorated.
As for those wands, you can compare the different types to see how they work. A comb is good for shorter, sparse lashes; pointed ones on the end let you use the tip to extend your lashes more. Triangle-shaped mascara wands can elongate your eyes and create a “feline” effect. Rectangles build up length and volume, and the wider ones are great for thickening (there are other shapes, too!) Curved ones are good for curling lashes; cone-shaped ones are designed for corner lashes.
The Waterproof Mascara Buying Guide
- If you’re going to curl your lashes, you’ll want to do that first with an eyelash curler before applying mascara.
- Apply your first coat of waterproof makeup thinly, and then wipe down the wand before applying another coat or returning it to the tube.
- If you apply a second coat, allow the first one to dry completely.
- Oil-based and micellar makeup removers are suitable for removing waterproof mascara since plain soap and water won’t do the job effectively.
- Always remove your makeup at the end of the day or night. This removal is essential with waterproof mascara because it encases the eyelashes.
- If left on, your lashes could bend, break or fall off while sleeping; you could also get an eye infection.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide