Cook N Home Bamboo Knife Storage Block, 19-Slot
Last updated date: February 17, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Knife Blocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Knife Block you should buy.
Update as February 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Knife Block for a detailed review of all the top knife blocks.
With the Cook N Home Bamboo Knife Storage Block, 19-Slot, you'll get a lot of variety. There are thinner slots for steak knives and wider slots for scissors. The slots even accommodate longer blades of up to 9 inches. The knife block itself is made from a durable bamboo that is easy to clean.
In our analysis of 51 expert reviews, the Cook N Home Bamboo Knife Storage Block, 19-Slot placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Cook N Home Bamboo knife storage block, 19 Slot is made of natural Bamboo that is durable and looks great. Holds most commonly used knives and accessories up to 9 inches deep. 19 Slot widths range from 3/4 to 3 1/4 inches and holds chef’s, steak, wide and long knives, and a cleaver. Wider slots can hold a kitchen scissor, sharpening steel, and other items. Angled slot to grab knives easily. Rubber feet prevents block from slipping. Dimensions are 10. 2 in. Length, 9. 2 in. Height, and 4. 8 in. Width. Wipe with cloth to clean.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Knife Blocks
When it comes to kitchen accessories, a knife block is a must. Not only does this handy invention provide a way to quickly access the knife you need when preparing a dish for your family, but it also protects the blades of your knives. If you’re in the market for a knife block, consider the following features before you make a final decision.
Take a look at your counter space first. If you don’t have a spot to dedicate to a knife block, go with a model like the Bellemain Bamboo In-Drawer Knife Block, 16-Slot that can be neatly stored in a kitchen drawer. This is also a great option if you have small children in the home, as the drawer keeps the knives out of sight and the block keeps all the knives’ sharp edges covered up.
Next, you’ll want to consider the number of knives you have to store. There are models that hold just a few knives, as well as models that hold an entire collection. For example, the Shenzhen Knives Bamboo Knife Block, 20-Slot fits everything from steak knives to a pair of scissors.
Check the material used to make the knife block. The Cook N Home Bamboo Knife Storage Block, 19-Slot is made from an eco-friendly bamboo. Bamboo is also known for being extremely sturdy and durable. Some models are also made from stainless steel and food-grade safe plastic.
You can also opt for a less traditional knife block and go with one that is magnetic, like the Coninx Magnetic Knife Holder. These knife blocks are free of slots and able to hold knives of all different shapes and sizes.
The Knife Block Buying Guide
- While most knife blocks can be hand-washed with a little dish soap, warm water and a washcloth, you’ll want to double check the product label for any special cleaning instructions.
- Check the size of your scissor’s handles. Some reviewers comment that large handles cover up the knife slots on either side of the scissors slot, making them unusable.
- Always dry your knife blocks thoroughly after you clean them and never place a wet knife into the block’s slot. This can cause cracks to occur in the wood.
- Lightweight knife blocks can tip over easily when heavy knives are added to them.
- Bamboo knife blocks can be rubbed with oil on occasion. This helps to extend the life of the block, which means you won’t have to spend money to replace it prematurely.
- There isn’t too much variation in price among knife blocks. You can expect to pay a little more for a block that has a larger number of slots. Magnetic blocks also tend to cost a few dollars more than traditional wooden knife blocks, but other than that, you’ll find this kitchen accessory is quite affordable.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide