COOAU Game Joystick & Swivel HD Screen Portable DVD Player, 11.5-Inch
Last updated date: June 29, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable DVD Players and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable DVD Player you should buy.
Gamers should consider this portable DVD player, which not only plays DVDs, but also games. You'll get access to 180 retro games that you can download and play immediately. An affordable price and compatibility with a wide range of file formats top off this player's features. In our analysis of 85 expert reviews, the COOAU COOAU Game Joystick Portable DVD Player, 11.5-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Portable DVD Player for a detailed review of all the top portable dvd players.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
COOAU is a professional company specialized in research, development, manufacture and marketing in the field of Portable DVD Player. Customer first has always been our starting point. Capacity of USB/SD card: 32GB, more convienient for your family using when on vacation. It supports DVDs from different countries. No worries about region restriction. It supports not only sync to your TV to enjoy a larger screen, but also your another DVD player. It bring a lot of convenience for your kids to share a same cartoon or movie. It is not only a dvd player, but also a game player, which brings you and your kids lost of fun during vacation or at home. We offer our customer a free game controller and a link including 180 classic games. There is a port which you can plug your headphone or speaker in. When you on your way, it is very easy for you to enjoy your movies and cartoons (only the 3.5mm computer headphone acceptable) . And you can also connect with your speaker to enjoy a louder volume.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable DVD Players
Home DVD players may have largely been traded in for streaming, but portable DVD players are hotter than ever. For a couple of dollars a day, you can get a DVD from Redbox and keep kids entertained for hours on a long trip. But portable DVD players aren’t just for kids. They come in handy on long flights or when you’re a passenger on any trip, no matter how old you are.
If you haven’t bought a new portable DVD player in a while, you may be surprised how far they’ve come. They’re no longer limited to the basic fold-up screen with marginal quality and a cheap build. Today’s portable players have HD-quality screens that swivel for more flexible viewing. Some even have screens that are designed to protect your eyesight while you watch.
With portable electronics, battery life is always a consideration. You can get as much as five hours out of a full charge with some portable DVD players, which can cover a large part of even a full-day trip. In addition to that, some DVD players come with car chargers that will keep the device going long after your battery has fully depleted.
In addition to car chargers, portable DVD players have an array of accessories that come with them. There will, of course, be an A/C wall charger, but some also come with carrying cases to make it easy to load it up and take it along with you. Some DVD players also come with earbuds, but you may want to shop for those separately to choose the pair that fit your own preferences.
Memory may be something you don’t think about until you start using your DVD player. Some devices will remember where you were on your movie or TV show last, while others will start back at the beginning every time you start them up. If you plan to make a lot of stops while you’re watching, you’ll be glad you chose one with memory later.
DWYM Fun Fact
Panasonic introduced the first portable DVD player in 1998 with the release of two different models. The first was the DVD-L10, which had a 16:9 5-inch LCD screen. It was much heavier than today’s portable units. The DVD-P10 also launched that year and was marketed as the smallest and lightest portable DVD player. What was perhaps most notable about this launch, though, was the fact that DVD players, in general, were brand new to consumers. The first DVD players released in March 1997 — one from Panasonic and two from Toshiba. The technology had been in the works for a while, but concerns from Hollywood studios over copyright delayed their launch.
The Portable DVD Player Buying Guide
- No matter how powerful a DVD player is, it won’t matter if you have a lackluster screen. The BOIFUN Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 17.5-Inch packs an HD screen with 1280 X 800 resolution. Other portable DVD players have decent HD screens, with 800 X 480 resolution.
- You’ll never get the big-screen experience with a portable DVD player, but you don’t have to settle for the smallest screen, either. The BOIFUN Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 17.5-Inch has a larger-than-average screen for a portable unit, at 17.5 inches. You’ll get 11.5 inches with the ieGeek Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 11.5-Inch and 7.5 inches with the APEMAN HD Swivel Portable DVD Player, 7.5-Inch.
- Gamers should consider a portable DVD player that also operates as both a DVD player and a gaming console.
- Modern DVD players don’t just flip up. They also swivel around to help you find the perfect position. The APEMAN HD Swivel Portable DVD Player, 7.5-Inch, DBPOWER Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 12-Inch and BOIFUN Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 17.5-Inch all swivel a full 270 degrees. The BOIFUN Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 17.5-Inch can also flip 180 degrees.
- Portable DVD players often spend hours away from a power source. It’s important to look for a player that has the longevity you need. The BOIFUN Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 17.5-Inch can last for six hours on a full charge. With the DBPOWER Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 12-Inch, you’ll get five hours of battery life.
- You’ll probably be using headphones while listening to a portable DVD player. But on the off chance you need sound, you should look for one that has strong audio. This is rare in a portable DVD player, but you can find it with the ieGeek Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 11.5-Inch, which has rich, crisp audio.
- Most DVD players will come with at least a wall charger, but there are some extras that may come in handy. For example, some models come with a case to help with carrying your DVD player around. The case may even have handles.
- A remote control can also help, especially if you’re mounting your DVD player on the back of a seat. The APEMAN HD Swivel Portable DVD Player, 7.5-Inch and DBPOWER Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 12-Inch all come with remotes.
- Some portable DVD players grant you access to 180 retro games that you can download to get you started.
- A feature you don’t miss until you don’t have it is the break-point memory function. This feature remembers where you were when you stopped watching a movie or listening to a song, picking back up again in that same spot. The APEMAN HD Swivel Portable DVD Player, 7.5-Inch includes break-point memory functionality.
- You may be surprised at how affordable portable DVD players are. You’re sure to find one that fits your family’s budget, with ease.
- Compatibility is also a consideration. The DBPOWER Rechargeable Portable DVD Player, 12-Inch is compatible with a wide variety of formats, including all CDs and DVDs, regardless of their region code. You’ll also get support for USB and SD cards. It’s compatible with a variety of file formats, including MPEG, AVI, VOB, XVID, MP3 and WMA.