Contigo Plastic Children’s Leakproof Cup, 3-Pack
Last updated date: November 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Leakproof Cups and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Leakproof Cup you should buy.
Update as November 17, 2021:
Checkout The Best Leakproof Cup for a detailed review of all the top leakproof cups.
For children who are ready to transition to a tumbler, this leakproof cup is a great option. It's built with a straw that seals when not in use for extra protection. The soft-grip bottom also offers spill protection, offering extra grip to help keep it upright.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the Contigo Plastic Children's Leakproof Cup, 3-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Thanks to the Contigo spill-proof kids tumbler with straw, 14 oz., children over 3 can Sip out of a cup like the big kids. No need to worry about messes, even if your toddler holds this well-designed, brightly patterned tumbler upside down. Our innovative engineers put a leak-proof silicone seal around the straw opening and a spill-proof valve inside the straw. For good measure, they added a soft-grip bottom pad to minimize skids and tipping. Road trip? the 14-ounce tumbler fits most car cup holders. Rest assured, all materials are 100% BPA-free. After a full day at the playground, you’ll be happy to know that body, lid, and straw are dishwasher-safe on the top rack and the straw twists apart for easy cleaning. Now available in a 3-pack so a refreshing drink is always handy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Leakproof Cups
Sippy cups get a lot of activity. In the blink of an eye, they’ll end up overturned on the tray of a high chair, upside-down on the floor of your car or even tossed out a window. With the wrong sippy cup, even one of those events can become a nuisance. At the very least, you’ll have a mess to clean up. In some cases, you’ll find the cup itself cracks, requiring you to replace it.
A leakproof cup can make life with a toddler much less stressful. No matter how much your little one shakes or tosses the cup, leakproof designs keep the liquid securely inside. The right type of cup opens easily when your child wants a drink, then automatically seals shut again once the sipping ends.
That seal is only part of a great leakproof cup, though. For toddlers, it’s important to ensure you choose a cup with a dentist-approved design. This will prevent the issues dentists often see with certain sippy cups, which can hinder the development of the oral cavity. Just as a nipple is pliable, molding to the shape the baby needs once inside the mouth, a sippy cup should be designed in a way that encourages proper mouth positioning while drinking.
Parents probably also want to consider how easy it is to clean the leakproof cup they choose. Some cups can be easily taken apart and cleaned, while others aren’t. The problem with that is that without a thorough cleaning, it can be easy for the constant moisture to build bacteria in those hidden areas. If you prefer a cup you can disassemble and put into the dishwasher, you should narrow your search to cups with that feature.
Instead of investing in a special sippy cup, you may prefer to buy lids that can fit on a variety of cups. That frees you up to purchase cups separately or, even better, use the stockpile of sippy cups you already have on hand. Since these lids come in multipacks, you’ll always have at least one or two clean lids that you can use while the others are in the dishwasher.
The Leakproof Cup Buying Guide
- If you’re looking for a versatile sippy cup with a dental-approved design, the Munchkin Miracle 360 Sippy Cup is the best choice. The lid is designed similarly to a regular cup, with a small slot that lets liquid out. While drinking, the seal remains open but as soon as the child stops, the opening seals back up automatically. The cup is built in a way that responds to a child’s sucking motions. The plastic design creates durability for the entire cup, so it’s likely to survive plenty of tosses and drops.
- Instead of buying an entire cup, you can get the same leakproof feature by simply buying lids that work with standard children’s cups. Some lids work with most 2.5- to 3.75-inch cups and comes in a pack of five. You can easily interchange the lids with cups you already own, giving you extras to use while you toss the last one or two used into the dishwasher. If you don’t have cups that fit, you can buy Munchkin’s Multi Cups in a set of five, and the top measures approximately 3 inches across in diameter.
- The Munchkin Click Lock Cup With Weighted Straw Cup has a straw design, making it better suited for water than thicker liquids. The weighted straw is flexible enough to go easy on the gums while sipping.
- Dentists often recommend parents stay away from standard sippy cups. The Munchkin Miracle 360 Sippy Cup is dentist approved, though, thanks to a spoutless design that provides a 360-degree drinking edge. This allows for healthy oral development while also making it comfortable for kids to drink.
- One major benefit of a straw-based sippy cup is that it helps acclimate toddlers to drinking out of a straw. The Munchkin Click Lock Cup With Weighted Straw Cup is great for helping transition to regular cups with straws.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide