Contigo Shake & Go Thermalock Bottle, 24 oz
Last updated date: October 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Blender Bottles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Blender Bottle you should buy.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Contigo Contigo Shake & Go Thermalock Bottle, 24 oz placed 9th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 20, 2019:
Checkout The Best Blender Bottle for a detailed review of all the top blender bottles.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Contigo Shake & Go Fit THERMALOCK Stainless Steel Shaker Bottle has a leak-proof lid for mess-free mixing of your favorite protein shake on the go. THERMALOCK dual-wall vacuum insulation maintains cold temperatures up to 12 hours so you can enjoy optimal taste and consistency when you're ready to consume your post-workout smoothie. The BPA-free stainless steel bottle features a rounded bottom and weighted ball to reduce clumps and buildup for superior mixing with the added benefit of making cleanup that much easier. Volume markings on the inside and outside of the bottle ensure accurate recipe measurements. Use the comfortable built-in handle for easy carrying from treadmill to weights. For added convenience, your shaker bottle fits most car cup holders and comes with a limited lifetime guarantee.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Blender Bottles
Whether you’re searching for a quick way to blend together a smoothie for one or you simply want a way to transport a drink supplement to the local gym to consume following a workout, Blender Bottles are the way to go. Before you buy one, however, there are a few things you’ll want to know about how the bottles work and what features they have.
Although Blender Bottles are made out of plastic, the specific type of plastic (Eastman Triton plastic) is both BPA- and phthalate-free. That means you never have to worry about toxins leaking into your drink. The plastic is also durable and able to resist stains and odors.
What makes the Blender Bottles able to mix the ingredients is the patented 316 surgical-grade stainless steel BlenderBall. This ball is actually a small wire whisk, but it has a lot of power and is able to do everything from remove the lumps in your gravy to mincing a few cloves of garlic.
Each of the Blender Bottle lids has a leak-proof seal that engages when you screw the lid in place. Additionally, the flip-top spout snaps into place, so you know its closed. You won’t have to worry about spills or liquids seeping out the sides of the bottles. On the top of each lid is a sports loop. Users can hang car keys from this loop or use the loop to attach the Blender Bottle to a gym bag.
It is important that you not only pay attention to the number of ounces the bottle holds but also the number of ounces the specific bottle measures. For example, the Blender Bottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 28 oz is able to hold 28 oz of liquid, but only has measurements inside for up to 20 oz. The Blender Bottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 20 oz can hold 20 oz of liquid with measurement marks that go up to 12 oz.
You can find a Blender Bottle in almost any color you can imagine. In fact, the Blender Bottle SportMixer Tritan Grip, 28 oz not only comes in a host of solid colors, but they also offer bottles that are dual-colored.
Keep an eye out for multi-packs, like the Blender Bottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 28 oz (2 ct), which comes with two bottles. This way if one bottle is dirty, you still have another one to use until you have time to wash the dishes.
DWYM Fun Fact
While Stephen Poplawski holds the title for being the first person to create a blender in 1922, it was Chester Beach and Fred Osius who paved the way for Poplawski to come up with this new invention. Beach and Osius created a handheld blender in 1910, shortly after the first fractional horsepower motor was invented.
The original blender was tall and able to grind and liquefy ingredients to create a large batch of whatever the person wanted to make. Over time, new blender models were manufactured to meet the needs of home chefs, as well as chefs running an entire restaurant. Eventually, it became evident that in today’s fast-paced environment, individuals were looking for a quick way to blend together a few ingredients to make a nutritious shake for consuming on the go. That’s when Steve Sorenson came up with the Blender Bottle.
With the Blender Bottle, users need only toss in the ingredients needed to make their smoothie, drop in the patented BlenderBall, screw on the lid and start shaking. The contents can be consumed straight from the bottle, instead of having to be poured in a separate glass like a traditional blender would require. The result is saved time and less cleanup.
The Blender Bottle Buying Guide
- Look to see if the company offers a warranty on the Blender Bottle, and if so, whether that warranty has any limitations. Some warranties only cover certain defects, while others last just a short period of time.
- While all of the Blender Bottles are dishwasher safe, it is still always good practice to place any plastic kitchen items on the dishwasher’s top shelf. Of course, you can always wash the Blender Bottle by hand with a little dish soap and water if you prefer.
- Over time, your Blender Bottle may begin to have an odor. If this happens, you can successfully deodorize it. Fill the bottle with warm water and a scoop of baking soda. Let it sit for a few hours before washing it as you normally would. Another option is to fill the bottle with three parts warm water and one part white distilled vinegar. Let it sit like you did with the baking soda before washing the bottle clean. Both baking soda and vinegar are known for their ability to get rid of unpleasant odors.
- There are a host of other ways you can use your Blender Bottle in addition to shaking together smoothies and supplements. You can make pancake batter, butter, salad dressings and vinaigrettes, pesto sauce, gravy, crepe batter and scrambled eggs. You can also use them to mix together your favorite alcoholic or caffeinated beverage.
- If you plan on using the Blender Bottles with a weight loss program or new supplement, it is always best to meet with your physician first. Not all programs and supplements are safe for use with all medications and health conditions. Your doctor may wish to conduct a review first to make sure there are no contraindications that could cause an issue.
- Most Blender Bottles are similar in price. You may find slight differences, and these are often associated with the size of the bottle and its features. The Blender Bottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 20 oz is on the lower end of the price range, as well as the Blender Bottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 28 oz (2 ct), which is slightly discounted because it is a multi-pack. You’ll find the Blender Bottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 28 oz and the Blender Bottle SportMixer Tritan Grip, 28 oz are also close in price, with the SportMixer costing just a little bit more due to its additional measurement marks.