ComTec Laser Tag & Vest Set, 2-Pack
Last updated date: October 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laser Tag Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laser Tag Set you should buy.
This laser tag set allows players to venture out, as it can reach distances as far as 130 feet. When in battle, players will have the ability to switch between pistol, rocket, shotgun and submachine mode. To add to the excitement of the game, the vests are designed to vibrate when you take a hit. In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the ComTec ComTec Laser Tag & Vest Set, 2-Pack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Laser Tag Set for a detailed review of all the top laser tag sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
ENJOY FAMILY FUN AND AN AMAZING GIFT IDEA -Not only for kids, parents can also get involved in a laser tag game and it’s not boring at all! With 4 color options, you can group together up to 4 teams and unlimited game members can be involved. The laser tag gun set is also a perfect gift idea to bring kids both fun and cherished memories! MULTIPLE GUN TYPE OPTIONS BRING MORE EXCITING -Freely switching between PISTOL, SHOTGUN, SUBMACHINE, and ROCKET, this laser tag makes your battle more exciting. Each weapon delivers varying amounts of damage to your opponents. Extreme shooting distance between guns is 130 ft, which fits for an outdoor laser battling as well. These laser guns are ergonomically designed with a solid grip in your hand, easy to handle even for young kids. THERE MUST BE VESTS IN AN AUTHENTIC LASER TAG GAME -Vests equipped with the built-in infrared sensor will significantly enhance the authenticity of laser game experience. Each time you are hit, the vest will vibrate as a reminder. To turn your home or backyard into a laser tag arena, ComTec laser tag set with vest is your perfect choice! 100% SAFE WITH PREMIUM QUALITY -With a Child Safety Infrared Signal Emission that is less than 1mW, this toy is certified safe for children of 3 yers+. Laser tag battle is like a physical sports activity but it does not use physical projectiles and is thus painless. Thus parents do not need to worry about kids get hurt in gun shooting games. Besides, our laser guns use infrared technology, it does not emit actual laser beams. 12 MONTHS QUALITY WARRANTY FOR RISK-FREE PURCHASE -We walk the extra mile to ensure you are 100% satisfied with this product, by offering a FULL money-back guarantee! Please feel free to contact us in case of any issues or concerns with your order, for a hassle-free refund and your money back.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laser Tag Sets
Anyone looking for an active game that involves the whole family (or a group of competitive friends) should check out laser tag. Most people have their first laser tag experience at a game center, ducking behind corners and outrunning competitors to earn a coveted high score. However, you don’t have to plunk down a bunch of cash to play at a dedicated laser tag space anymore. There are plenty of affordable laser tag sets on the market, and you can enjoy the game in your backyard for a fraction of the cost of regular play at an indoor arena.
Laser tag sets typically come with multiple laser guns that use infrared signaling to track where you fire your laser beam. Some sets place their laser sensors in the blaster. If you hit an opposing team member’s blaster, you’ll earn a point for your team. Other sets place their sensors in wearable vests. These let you hit an opponent with your laser on the back or front of your vest to earn points.
When you play laser tag, you’ll break into teams and try to earn the most hits on opposing teams to win the game. The number of teams you can have depends on the laser tag model you buy. Kidzlane’s 4-Pack Laser Tag Set comes with four different colored blasters for up to four players. ComTec Laser Tag & Vest Set, 2-Pack only comes with two guns, but you can purchase extra blasters or switch off with other people to create larger teams.
Whichever team has the most surviving members or the most hits on the opposing team wins the game. Many laser tag sets have extra options to switch up your gameplay. Some sets feature an invisibility mode for sneak attacks. Kidzlane’s 4-Pack Laser Tag Set has four separate gun settings (pistol, shotgun, submachine gun and rocket) with fun sounds and realistic vibrations.
Whether you’re playing outdoors or indoors, laser tag can help you and your team take a break from your screens and work up a sweat. Before you pick your set, check out our tips and advice to make sure you’re getting the most bang for your laser tag bucks.
DWYM Fun Fact
The “Star Trek” franchise has entertained thousands of people across the globe. However, the series launched more than just a fascination with “boldly going where no man had gone before.” It’s also responsible for creating accessible laser tag games.
The “Star Trek” Electronic Phaser Guns were the first mass-market toy to use infrared light and sensors. Inspired by the 1979 film “Star Trek: The Motion Picture,” these toy guns had a simple gray body with red racing stripes. They featured some early sound effects, including sounds for firing your gun, hits and near-misses.
Today’s laser tag sets bear little resemblance to their “Star Trek” predecessors, but their contribution to laser tag gives non-Trekkies a reason to be thankful for the series.
The Laser Tag Set Buying Guide
- How many people are you going to challenge in your laser tag battles? If the whole family is teaming up, you might want to buy a four-gun set. If you’ve only got one other player in your sightline, a two-gun set (with expansion options) like ComTec Laser Tag & Vest Set, 2-Pack might be more up your alley.
- How much space do you have to play your laser tag games? This will determine how wide of a range you need on the laser guns. If you only have a small area to play in, like a fenced-in backyard, a 50-60 foot range should be just fine. If you’re taking over the whole neighborhood, you may want to invest in ArmoGear Multi Player Laser Tag & Vest Set, 4-Pack, which has a whopping 150-foot range.
- Will you have younger players setting up strategies and ducking to avoid the opposing team’s shots? Some sets are suitable for ages 10 and up, while others are appropriate for ages 8 and up. Although some sets are approved for younger players, kids might have trouble aiming their laser guns or keeping up with teens and adults. Try having some practice sessions with younger kids, altering the rules or slowing the game down to make sure everyone has a fair shot at winning.
- Make sure that you’re playing in a well-lit area or in a spot that’s familiar to all of your players and doesn’t have debris on the ground. Many laser tag sets have plenty of lights to help guide your shots, but they don’t provide much ambient lighting to see your way around. ArmoGear Multi Player Laser Tag & Vest Set, 4-Pack comes with a built-in LED flashlight to help you see, but it may tip off other players and put you in their crosshairs.
- Laser tag is generally a very safe game, but young children (or accident-prone adults), might need additional safety equipment. Knee pads can help you safely duck and roll to avoid enemy fire, and wearing supportive, closed-toe shoes can prevent stubbed toes and help you move more quickly.