Comfify Collapsible Colanders
Last updated date: September 6, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Colander and Strainers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Colander and Strainer you should buy.
Editor's Note October 9, 2019:
Checkout The Best Colander and Strainer for a detailed review of all the top colander and strainers.
In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the Comfify Comfify Collapsible Colanders placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
2-Piece Strainer Set by Comfify will nicely compliment any kitchen. Whether your kitchen is big or small, red, green, orange or blue, this colander set will SAVE YOU SO MUCH NEEDED SPACE, while performing the tasks you need in amazing colors. They’re also heat resistant up to 176°F, so you can immerse them in boiling water to drain, strain and contain practically anything… Boiled veggies, fresh lettuce, pasta, potatoes, you name it ! Make straining and draining comfy and safe. Soft, comfortable handles Designed with your health and convenience in mind, your experience with them will be safe, and the comfortable handles will make your job in the kitchen even more convenient. Drains Easily We listen to our customers, therefore we improved our product in order to achieve the greatest standards of quality and convenience. The raised bottom and side holes lets water drain fast and easy, so you can spend more time doing the things you love. Space-Saving Design When folded, these colanders are only 1.25” tall, making it very easy to store them in a kitchen drawer or a cupboard. The 8" and 9.5" inch strainers included in this set also mean that can fit different pot sizes. collapsible colander set Safe to Use BPA Free Food Grade Approved DIshwasher Safe Designed with your health and convenience in mind, your experience with them will be safe, so make your time in the kitchen easier, simpler and healthier starting now. Easy to Store 1.25" when folded up to 4" when collapsed When folded, these colanders are only 1.25” tall, making it very easy to store them in a kitchen drawer or a cupboard. And the quality for this excellent kitchen tool is truly hard to beat, use it with pasta, fruit, berries, vegetables or any other produce. Excellent products that make your time in the kitchen easier and healthier. Choose yours today!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Colander And Strainers
Your favorite pantry staples, like pasta and rice, cook up quick and add a tasty starch to any dish. But you’ve got to have the right tools to whip up a great bowl of rotini or a side of brown rice. Colanders, sometimes called strainers, are a kitchen essential that don’t get a lot of attention. However, you need a high-quality one to whip up your favorite dishes.
You can pick up a cheap plastic colander at any major retailer or home goods store for a couple of bucks, but it won’t last, and plastic can absorb strong odors over time. A more thoughtful approach to purchasing this kitchen standby will pay off in the long run.
Colanders are perforated bowls that you use to drain or rinse foods like spaghetti, quinoa or chopped veggies. They typically have a long handle or a grip on each side so that you can grab and tilt the colander without burning your hands. The terms “colander” and “strainer” are often used interchangeably, but some people prefer to use “strainer” for cookware with small perforations and “colander” for larger holes.
Some colanders are built with a base or small legs on the bottom. This elevates the strainer so you can rest it in your kitchen sink as it drains, preventing the strained water from building up and seeping back into the bowl. Other colanders have wide hooks so you can rest them on the side of your sink as you strain heavy foods.
Clip-on colanders are also a popular option. They’re usually made of silicone, and they can stretch or retract to fit on almost any pot or pan. Some stainless steel clip-on colanders exist, but they’re not as adjustable as silicone versions. Clip-ons are smaller than standard colanders, so they’re great for small kitchens with limited storage space.
Buying a quality colander or strainer instead of settling for cheaply made ones is a small change that can yield big results. Our Tips & Advice will help you navigate your online shopping.
The Colander And Strainer Buying Guide
- The perfect colander or strainer will be made of dense, rust-proof materials, like stainless steel. Silicone strainers are also a great option. They’re less likely to create a breeding ground for bacteria than other materials. Plastic colanders may crack or absorb odors over time.
- Think about what types of meals you frequently cook. This will determine the size of the holes you’ll need in your strainer. If you make lots of rice or quinoa, look for a strainer with very small holes. Models with double layers of mesh are also helpful; they’ll keep small grains in your strainer while still draining water. If you love thicker pastas like spaghetti, a colander with larger holes will suffice.
- The placement of the handle or grips on your colander is also important. Handles should be long enough to keep your hands safely away from hot water. They also need to be sturdy enough to hold up under the weight of thicker veggies like potatoes. If your colander uses hand grips, make sure they stick out far enough to give you some distance from boiling water. Grips with rubber covers will also keep your palms nice and cool as you cook.
- Do you have a large kitchen, or are you whipping up meals in a small space? Your colander will take up some room in your cabinet, so make sure you have enough room for storage before you buy a large one. Strainer sets will take up more space, while folding silicone colanders can squeeze into small corners. You can also use the colander’s grips or hooks to hang it up, saving yourself tons of cabinet space.
- Properly caring for your strainer will help it last for years. Make sure that yours is dishwasher safe before you pop it in on the hot cycle. Handwashing it with gentle dishwashing liquid and allowing it to air dry is always a safe bet. Using your sink’s sprayer hose on the colander’s basket will help you knock any food particles loose.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide