Columbia Men’s Frost Fighter Snug Fit Down Puffer Jacket
Last updated date: January 22, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Men's Down Puffer Jackets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Men's Down Puffer Jacket you should buy.
Update as January 21, 2023:
Checkout The Best Men’s Down Puffer Jacket for a detailed review of all the top men's down puffer jackets.
Not only is the Columbia Men's Frost Fighter Puffer Jacket machine washable, but it also features a stain repellent shell fabric that keeps the jacket looking like new for a long time. If that wasn't enough, the 100% polyester synthetic down leaves you feeling warm on even the coldest winter days. With plenty of colors to choose from, you're sure to find one that matches your style.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the Columbia Men's Frost Fighter Snug Fit Down Puffer Jacket placed 12th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Toasty warmth for frigid climates this faux-down men’s jacket seals out arctic temps with 150 gram of synthetic insulation and shed water with an Omni-shield shell fabric, while the Frost fighter’s traditional down-style baffling lends a timeless, versatile style.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Men's Down Puffer Jackets
Whether you spend a lot of time outdoors for work or pleasure, a down jacket is a must. These coats are excellent insulators, as they are made up of either duck or geese feathers. They typically have a puffer design because the air pockets are able to hold in heat, which in turn keeps you nice and warm. When you’re ready to shop for a men’s down jacket, there are a few questions you’ll want to ask yourself first.
Determine which outdoor activities you plan on taking part in while wearing the jacket. Choose a lightweight jacket for a fall hike, but a thicker jacket for skiing down a mountain in the middle of winter.
Check the jacket’s outer material to determine whether it’s water-resistant. For example, some jackets are made with an Omni-Shield water and stain repellent shell fabric. If it starts to rain during your camping trip, the water will simply roll off the jacket and you’ll continue to stay warm.
Consider the fit of the jacket. Models like the Amazon Essentials Men’s Lightweight Down Jacket come with elasticized cuffs and stand-up collars. Not only do these features offer a snug fit, but they also keep the cold air from going up your sleeve or around your neck.
Does the jacket come with any extras? Some models offer a hood for face protection and zipper pockets that are designed to keep your hands warm. There are also others, which have a color-matching bag for packing the jacket when heading out on a weekend excursion.
Once you find a down jacket that meets your requirements, browse the model’s color and pattern choices. You may want to choose a bright orange when you need to be more visible, such as when you visit an outdoor shooting range, or a camo pattern for the times you want to blend in with the nature around you.
The Men's Down Puffer Jacket Buying Guide
- Always check the product label before placing your down jacket in the wash. Most models are machine washable, but it’s best to be sure. Make sure you brush off any dirt from the jacket and then use the cold water setting to wash it. Finish cleaning the jacket using the low heat setting on your dryer.
- When storing a men’s down jacket during the summer months, always make sure the jacket can breathe. It is best to cover it with paper instead of plastic and set it in a cool dry location.
- If your down jacket starts to compress after it’s been packed away for the summer, simply place it in the dryer on low heat and it will puff back up. You can also place two tennis balls in the dryer at the same time to further assist the jackets in returning to their normal puffy state.
- In the event that a feather begins to protrude from the jacket, resist the temptation to pull it out. Instead, push it back in and seal the hole. You can buy a precut patch or an adhesive sticker made specifically for down jackets, or you can use a little duct tape if you’re in a pinch.
- When comparing men’s down jackets, you need to separate the jackets into two categories. The lightweight jackets, like the Amazon Essentials Men’s Lightweight Down Jacket, won’t have as much fill and are more versatile. They also cost less because they use less material. Heavier down jackets are designed to keep you warmer during harsh weather conditions. As a result, you can expect to pay a little more for that type of model.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide