Cole & Mason Derwent Professional Salt Grinder
Last updated date: January 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salt Grinders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salt Grinder you should buy.
Update as May 1, 2022:
Checkout Make Any Meal Prep Efficient With The Best Salt Grinder for a detailed review of all the top salt grinders.
In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the Cole & Mason Derwent Professional Salt Grinder placed 12th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Cole & Mason 7.5 inch Derwent Gourmet Precision Salt and Pepper Mills in stainless steel bring a modern style to your table with a sleek acrylic hourglass display. The salt mill uses premium diamond-cut ceramic millworks to bring user-friendly spice control to your table with three distinct settings, from fine grains to coarsely ground gourmet chunks with even hard large-grained artisan sea salts. The Derwent salt grinder is easy to refill by just lifting the top straight up and the grinding mechanism is also guaranteed for life. Style, durability and dependability have been built into every Cole & Mason product since 1919 using the best materials and mechanisms; our products have been well-regarded by professional cooks and homemakers ever since. Count on Cole & Mason to give your table salt grinder a touch of class!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salt Grinders
No dining table is complete without a salt and pepper grinder. These two spices add a burst of flavor to a host of foods, and having a set readily available where you eat allows all guests seated at the table to season their meal to taste. There are a few things you’ll want to consider as you begin your hunt for the perfect grinder.
Check the construction. Some models are made using acrylic bodies, while others are created from glass. You’ll also find models that are completely constructed from wood. While these are attractive, they don’t allow you to view the amount of spice left in the grinder.
Examine the grinding mechanism and take note of the materials used to make it. A ceramic grinder won’t absorb any of the spice’s flavors or odors. The Willow & Everett Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder Set is made of stainless steel that won’t rust or stain.
Review how many coarseness settings the grinder has to see if it meets your needs. Some models feature three coarse settings; however, other models offer as many as five. You’ll also want to make sure you can switch from fine to coarse with ease, especially if you’re working on multiple dishes at the same time.
Inspect the grinder to see how easy or tough it is to refill. Models with screw top lids are ideal, as are tops that release when you simply pull upward. Keep in mind that some models are refilled from the top, while others are refilled from the bottom. You may actually need to flip the grinder over to unscrew the cap.
Look for any extras that may set one grinder apart from another. For example, you may find one model that is battery-operated and able to grind your spices with the touch of a button. These grinders also often come with an LED light that lets you know when you’ve added just the right amount of spice and a plastic stand that collects any extra salt and pepper remnants.
The Salt Grinder Buying Guide
- It’s good practice to clean out your salt and pepper grinders from time to time. To do this, you’ll need to unscrew the lids and shake out any old spices that still remain in the grinders. If you have any trouble getting them out, use a can of air to force it out. Now you can scrub the inside of the grinders with a bottle brush and a little dish soap. Feel free to use a regular washcloth or sponge to clean the outside. Allow the grinders to air dry. If the outside glass has any streaks, you can wipe them away with a little white distilled vinegar.
- Your pepper grinder can be used to grind other foods as well. You can use them to grind mushrooms for a soup, coffee beans for a hot cup of java and coriander seeds for a homemade salad dressing.
- Prices for salt grinders vary by the materials used to construct them, as well as any special features they may have. You’ll find the Willow & Everett Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder Set is a more affordable option, as it is more standard. Shoppers will find battery-powered and one-button operation grinders command a higher price, as do models that are made using a rich attractive wood that’s more upscale.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide