Coffee Gator Stainless Steel Date Tracker Coffee Canister
Last updated date: October 26, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Coffee Canisters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Coffee Canister you should buy.
Editor's Note October 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Coffee Canister for a detailed review of all the top coffee canisters.
You can customize your look, thanks to the multiple color options available with this coffee canister. You won't have to worry about a replacement filter, and the built-in freshness tracker makes it easy to track how long your coffee has been in the container. In addition to keeping oxygen out, this canister also blocks any sunlight from getting in.
In our analysis of 103 expert reviews, the Coffee Gator Coffee Gator Stainless Steel Date Tracker Coffee Canister placed 11th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Drink Better Coffee Bring the coffee house home The Coffee Gator mission is more smiles per cup. We think that being able to drink incredible, barista-quality coffee at home is a basic human right. That’s why we’ve poured our hearts and souls into developing products that make doing that an absolute breeze. We boldly stand up in the face of inferior products, made from flimsy materials, destined to disappoint. We defend you from coffee snobs who say you can’t make decent coffee in your own home. We plant our flag firmly in the ground, fill our lungs and scream from the highest mountain top that ‘you deserve to drink better coffee!’ Coffee Gator flavor-saving canister Coffee Gator Canister replacement co2 valves Secret Flavor Saviours Venting flavor-sapping carbon dioxide released from coffee is key to keeping it tasting fresh for longer. Each canister comes with spare valves to keep your beans and grounds in peak condition for delivering more smiles per cup for years to come. Meet the security team protecting your beans Unlike your common criminal with a persecution complex, the world really is ‘out to get’ coffee. It’s like planet earth has a vendetta against your beans. Whether it’s light, moisture or age, Mother Nature will not be happy until all the flavor has been plundered. On top of that, coffee starts trying to destroy itself by releasing CO2 which ruins your brew. Here are (just a few of) the ways a Coffee Gator canister fights for flavor and delivers more smiles per cup. Surgical-grade stainless steel body Wicovalve CO2 release valve Quick-release and easy-seal bail clasp Date wheel for tracking best before or roasting date Coffee Gator Multifunction Brewing Scale digital lcd display timer timing Coffee Gator stovetop espresso maker moka Coffee Gator French press brewer grey gray Coffee Gator canister coffee storage beans grounds whole co2 release valve large silver Multifunction Precision Brewing Scale Pour Over Brewer Stovetop Moka Espresso Maker Hotter-For-Longer French Press Flavor-Saving, co2-Release Canister Brewing ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Size Options ✓ ✓ Color Options ✓ ✓ ✓ Storage ✓ Coffee Gator founder Phil in Colombia My life changed when I discovered proper coffee in Colombia I wanted to recreate it but the tools on offer weren’t good enough. Since then, my mission has been helping everyone Drink Better Coffee. SHOES When everything else is instant, coffee might seem slow But part of the beauty is the ritual. Get it right & it’s worth the effort. Take a breath, share a brew and discover how amazing coffee can be. Coffee Gator happy customers Our job is to make people (and sometimes pets) smile When we make a mistake we work our hind legs off to put it right. So if you’re anything less than 100% pleased as punch, you won’t be for long..
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Coffee Canisters
It’s easier than ever to make delicious coffee at home. But as consumers have learned more about what makes a great cup of coffee, they’ve also learned about the short shelf life of coffee beans.
For coffee beans and grounds, two elements are the enemy: oxygen and light. From the time you open the bag, you put your coffee at risk. Even if you seal that bag back up, you can’t prevent oxygen from getting in. Complicating matters is the fact that coffee begins emitting oxygen within 24 hours of being roasted. Once this process, known as degassing, begins, oxygen starts seeping into the beans, which is what causes them to become stale.
With the right coffee canister, though, you can keep oxygen and sunlight out while also removing any oxygen coming off the beans. This is done through the use of a CO2 release valve that vents oxygen from inside the container while keeping oxygen out until you open it. As long as you seal the container up quickly, you’ll usually be able to maintain freshness for weeks.
Although many coffee canisters can easily be washed, the release valve itself should be removed first. It’s not designed to handle water or soap. Some containers also need a filter change on a regular basis, while others are maintenance free once you’ve taken them out of the package.
To make the canister as airtight as possible, you’ll find most coffee canisters have a locking mechanism on the lid. Pay attention to the design of this lock, as it can sometimes be tough to maneuver. Some locking mechanisms are built with ergonomics in mind. The easier it is to manipulate the lock, the less likely you’ll be to have a misfire and accidentally leave your canister unsealed.
One inconvenience that comes with a canister is that you don’t have the expiration date that comes on the bag. You can hold onto the bag, of course, but that’s something extra you have to manage. Instead, look for a coffee canister that has a dial on the top that lets you track the date. You can either set it for the month and day you inserted the coffee or the expiration date from the bag.
The Coffee Canister Buying Guide
- Whether you prefer whole beans or grounds, the canister will be just as effective.
- The mechanism that keeps your coffee fresh is a valve that releases gases. Pay close attention to the valve, especially if you’re concerned about BPA. Look for a canister that is completely BPA free, even the valve.
- The locking valve is one element that can vary dramatically from one canister to the next. Look for one that will be easy to use when it’s early in the morning and you haven’t yet had your first dose of caffeine.
- If you’re concerned about durability, look for a stainless-steel design that will hold up after multiple washes and uses.
- Some canisters have narrower mouths than others, which makes it tough to insert a scoop, especially as coffee levels get low. A wider mouth also makes it easier to hand wash.
- The look of your canister also will come into play since it will become part of your kitchen decor. Some canisters have a vintage look while others sport a more modern look. You’ll also find some come in multiple colors, while others stick strictly to the silver look of stainless steel.
- Some canisters have a filter that needs to be replaced occasionally. Keep in mind that this isn’t standard on all canisters and decide if you want to commit to that type of ongoing maintenance.
- Although most canisters are easy to clean, you’ll need to remove the valve on most models to avoid water exposure.
- If BPA is a concern for you, look for a canister with a stainless-steel build. However, even in stainless steel models, you may find BPA in the seal or other parts of the lid. Check to make sure the canister you choose is 100 percent BPA free.
- What do you do with the scoop you use to get your coffee from the canister to the coffeemaker? If you’re using a bag, you probably leave the scoop inside, which creates a mess when you try to get coffee the next day. Many coffee canisters come with a free scoop, but some also provide a handy place to store it on the side. That means you’ll never have to dig your scoop or search through your drawers again.
- Unlike bag storage, canisters contain everything inside. That means even the scents will be locked in, keeping your kitchen or, worse, your pantry from filling with the smell of coffee.
- Coffee canisters aren’t just great for keeping your coffee fresh. You can also use them to store everything from tea bags to flour to snacks. Buy several and make a matching set.
- Before you buy, take a look at the typical bag of coffee you buy. Most canisters have a capacity of one pound, and that should cover most bags of coffee grounds or beans. But if you buy in bulk, you may need to opt for the largest canister you can find.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide