Cobbler’s Choice Co. Concave Wood Handle Horsehair Brush
Last updated date: January 16, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Horsehair Brushes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Horsehair Brush you should buy.
Update as January 16, 2023:
Checkout The Best Horsehair Brush for a detailed review of all the top horsehair brushes.
This horsehair brush is handcrafted in Germany. It is made for cobblers to help clean and shine shoes. The brush has a flared concave design for a better grip.
In our analysis, the Cobbler's Choice Co. Cobbler's Choice Co. Concave Wood Handle Horsehair Brush placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Buff, shine, and restore the lusture of your leather with the Cobbler’s Choice Shoe Brush made with 100% Horsehair Bristles on an Beech Wood Handle from the Black Forest. Flared design of a concaved handle provides a premium grip that makes using the shoe brush easy, effective, and comfortable. The perfect size of the brush allows for an overall easy grip no matter how big or small your hands are. Handcrafted with integrity and made in Germany – Cobbler’s Choice is the brand trusted by experts for unbeatable quality. We bring a new level of luxury and comfort with our flagship Premium Shoe Brush. Effortlessly polish, clean, and buff your leather using the Cobbler’s Choice Premium Shoe Brush! DESIGNED FOR THE COBBLER: We’ve designed this brush with 100% Horsehair Bristles that effectively buff, shine, and clean, while being delicate enough to not scratch the leathers surface. The sturdy bristles swiftly dislodge dirt while raising the fibers of the leather leaving you with a beautiful shine!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Horsehair Brushes
Brushes made from horsehair are popular for a variety of reasons. They are gentle on surfaces, which makes them ideal for cleaning anything fragile or delicate. Plus, they are available in different sizes and lengths, so it’s easy to find the right one for cleaning any kind of object. Horsehair brushes are incredibly durable, so they can be used on a frequent basis for a long time without wearing out. Plus, they don’t leave any scratches behind unlike other types of brushes, so they can be used on any kind of surface.
When selecting a horsehair brush, it’s important to consider what you will be using it for. This will help you determine what kind of brush you need and what size it should be. For example, a horsehair brush to clean shoes needs to be about the size your hand, while a brush to clean silverware needs to be just a few inches long with longer bristles. For cleaning pottery, you’ll need a horsehair brush that aligns with the size and shape of the items you’re cleaning.
The shape of the brush is just as important as its size. For those who have hand or wrist issues, choose an ergonomically shaped horsehair brush so that it is easy to hold. For example, some brushes come with a concave base, which makes it easier on the hand to hold for long periods of time and reduces the amount of stress on the hand.
The Horsehair Brush Buying Guide
- While horsehair brushes are used to clean and shine objects, such as shoes, jewelry, silverware and pottery, the brushes themselves need to be cleaned on a frequent basis so that they can continue to be useful and effective. The way you clean a horsehair brush depends on what you’ve been using it for.
- If you use a horsehair brush to put shoe polish on your shoes, be sure to clean it while the polish is still wet. If the polish dries on the brush, it becomes harder to clean. Wipe the bristles on a light-colored cloth so that you can see when the polish stops coming off. Then, spray the bristles with a wax softener, which is designed to clean up shoe polish. You can also use soap and water for this process. Buff the brush on a cloth again until no residue of the polish remains. To dry the brush, simply place it on its side on a towel, and rotate to the other side once one side is dry.
- For a horsehair paintbrush, be sure to clean it before the paint dries. For most paints, you can just use dish soap and water. For oil-based paint you will need to use a solvent. Rinse the brushes under clean water once the paint has been removed. Use your fingers to reshape the bristles on the brushes so they are all going in the same direction. Lay the brushes flat to dry on a towel.
- Keep horsehair brushes in a closed container. This will keep dust and debris off the brushes so they will be clean and ready to use. If the horsehair brushes get dusty, they will spread the dust on the items you’re trying to clean.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide