CENTSTAR Assorted Matte Colors Claw Clips, 12-Count
Last updated date: July 25, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Claw Clips and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Claw Clip you should buy.
Update as August 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Claw Clip for a detailed review of all the top claw clips.
The 12 claw clips in this set provide durable metal springs and sturdy plastic to ensure they hold up over many uses. Each clip features a different color in matte design to give you plenty of options for matching with your wardrobe. The clips are strong enough to hold both thin and thick hair.
In our analysis, the CENTSTAR CENTSTAR Assorted Matte Colors Claw Clips, 12-Count placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Material: Made of special durable plastic ,claw clips painted with a matte paint. threw it down from height, it also keep in a perfect condition.The elastic metal spring is covered with plastic.The claws open almost 180 degrees versus.the big nine claws teeth clamps which good enough for thick hair, curly or straight. The spring has proper elasticity, it is hold your hair tightly all the day without any pressure on your head and don’t slip. Multi-color: The package is made of 12 different color matte hair claw clips combinations, (Pink, black, green, khaki, navy blue, gray, white, bright blue, yellow, transparent, wine red, gray blue). The multi-color clips could meet your all hairstyle and match different color clothes. Keep beautiful and elegant on your hairs. Hair Clips Size: 12 packs hair extensions clip in the package. Size: L:4.1 inches ,W:1.7 inches. After many experiments, it is the perfect size to hold all hair. Like thin, medium, thick hair. The big nine claw enough to hold all thick hair, and inner teeth grip thin hair greatly.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Claw Clips
A good updo can come in handy, especially when you need your hair out of the way quickly. But binding your hair too tightly can lead to hair loss, and if you continue to wear your hair in that style, you could damage your hair follicles. Damaged hair follicles can lead to permanent hair loss.
There are some things you can do to satisfy your need to wear your hair up while also protecting your tresses. First, it’s important to change up the hairstyle often, rather than binding it identically day after day, year after year. Second, if you can loosen the grip on your hair, you can wear it tied back while minimizing harm.
If possible, you should also give your hair time to recover between updos. If you have to wear your hair up for work, avoid wearing it up while you aren’t at work to give it a breather.
Claw clips can also safeguard your hair against damage. These clips hold the hair in place without binding it tightly as elastic hairbands tend to do. You’ll want to look for claw clips with teeth that are designed to hold the hair in place without slipping or pulling, which might mean skipping the discount bin and paying a little more for top-quality materials.
Another great thing about claw clips is their design. Most simply feature two sets of claws held together by a spring, but they can come in a variety of colors and styles. Some even have a boxy design that conceals the claws altogether.
Trend-wise, claw clips were extremely popular in the 1990s, and then faded in popularity as the 21st century began. But they’ve made a comeback in recent years, along with scrunchies, thanks to videos featuring styling hacks on popular social media platforms.
The Claw Clip Buying Guide
- One flaw of earlier iterations of claw clips was that they weren’t built to last. Thicker, longer hair can tend to strain the springs and plastic. If they aren’t high-quality, you may find the clip not only breaks during the day but also doesn’t stay in place as you need it to.
- Trends can see claw clips come and go, but that doesn’t mean you’re limited in when you can wear them. They can come in handy even when they aren’t popular as a way of wearing your hair up around the house without damaging it.
- You can buy claw clips in a variety of colors. There are bright, colorful options, but you may have a tough time matching those with your wardrobe. If you plan to wear your claw clip often, choose neutral colors.
- Brown and cream hair clips blend more easily with certain hair colors. You can even find claw clips that are transparent. This will let you put your hair up without calling attention to your hair accessory, which may be ideal if you’re wearing them for work.
- Claw clips come in a wide range of sizes. Large ones are great for pulling all your hair up, but for fine or shorter hair, a medium clip could do the job. Medium claw clips are also great for pulling part of your hair off your face while you’re styling it or taking off your makeup. Small clips were a fashion statement at one time, but they can still come in handy for holding sections of hair in place.
- You’ll often find claw clips sold in sets. If you wear them frequently, you might want to look for a set that includes a variety of colors to help you customize each day’s look to what you’re wearing.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide