Caveman Foods Double Dark Chocolate Protein Bar
Last updated date: September 10, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Caveman Bars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Caveman Bar you should buy.
You won't find any dairy or soy in these Caveman bars. In fact, the bars are filled with nutrient dense foods, like nuts and seeds. Thanks to the double dark chocolate flavor, you'll feel more like you're indulging in a decadent dessert than a healthy snack. In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Caveman Foods Caveman Foods Double Dark Chocolate Protein Bar placed 2nd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Caveman Bars for a detailed review of all the top caveman bars.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Indulge with our Double Dark Chocolate protein bar packed with almonds, egg whites, dark cocoa & semisweet chocolate chips for a guilt-free chocolate protein snack.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Caveman Bars
It’s a great idea to always have a pack of nutritional bars in your pantry. These bars can be used for fuel before a workout, as a replacement breakfast when you’re running late to work or as a healthy snack in between meals. The important thing is to research the bars and choose a brand that sticks to high-quality ingredients that are free of unnecessary fillers. Caveman Foods has a line of nutrition bars that fit this bill.
All of Caveman’s bars use clean ingredients that are free from artificial colors and flavors. They are either paleo or paleo-friendly. The bars are also a great choice for anyone who is following a gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan or non-GMO diet. Some of the bars also work for individuals who are following a keto meal plan.
If you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, Caveman Foods Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Paleo Bar is ideal. Unlike other brands that have a dry chalky taste, these bars use a decadent dark chocolate to cover the nutritious fruit, seeds and nuts that make up the bar. It’s so delicious that you’ll feel like you’ve just eaten a candy bar.
Choose one of Caveman’s nutrition bars that are packed with protein if you want to feel fuller for a longer period of time. For example, Caveman Foods Double Dark Chocolate Protein Bar contains 10 grams of protein per serving, which it gets from egg whites and almonds. Each bar gives you the fuel you need to stay energized throughout the day.
Another protein-rich option is the Caveman Foods Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Bar. Reviewers report that this bar tastes exactly like the famous Almond Joy bars. Of course, you’ll be able to enjoy this Caveman bar without the guilt, as it’s made using only clean ingredients.
When it comes to nutrition, balance is important. The Caveman Foods Dark Chocolate Cherry Nut Paleo Bar is formulated to achieve a nice balance of healthy fats, carbohydrates and protein. The bars contain chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, cashews, dark chocolate and delicious cherries.
DWYM Fun Fact
Caveman Foods got its start back in 2011. The company, which has its headquarters in Walnut Creek, California, believes our ancestors had the right idea when it comes to food. That’s why they created a series of nutrition bars that are filled with natural nutrient-dense foods and not ingredients that contain useless artificial flavors and dyes. In fact, Caveman follows the philosophy that clean ingredients fuel the body, so that it can thrive.
If you have any questions about Caveman’s nutritional bars, you can contact them via email at email@example.com or by calling customer service at 925-979-9515. If you enjoy the company’s nutrition bars, you’ll also want to check out their meat snacks, granola bars and brownie-flavored snacks.
The Caveman Bar Buying Guide
- If you suffer from any food allergies, you’ll need to carefully review each Caveman bar’s nutrition label. Many of the bars contain tree nuts and seeds.
- Consumers report that Caveman’s bars, while delicious, are on the sticky side. You’ll need to be careful not to set the bar down on anything other than a plate.
- Caveman bars do contain sugar, so you’ll need to review the amount on the specific bar you’re interested in before purchasing if you have diabetes or are following a low-sugar diet, like keto.
- Some of Caveman’s bars are listed as paleo and others are rated as paleo-friendly. The company describes the difference as follows: Paleo is free from highly processed ingredients and contains no dairy, grains or legumes. Paleo-friendly allows for using minimally processed ingredients and a few specialty ingredients, like dark chocolate.
- Stick to purchasing one box per flavor until you know which flavors are your favorite. Then, you can add a few boxes to your recurring monthly grocery subscription.
- It’s important to note that these nutritional bars are considered supplements, and therefore, are not evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Should price more of a role in your purchasing decision than flavor, you’ll need to determine how much you’re paying per bar. Caveman bars are sold in different sized packs, so make sure you take the total cost and divide that by the number of bars. You’ll find the Caveman Foods Dark Chocolate Cherry Nut Paleo Bar and the Caveman Foods Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Paleo Bar are the most affordable. The Caveman Foods Double Dark Chocolate Protein Bar and the Caveman Foods Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Bar cost a bit more per bar.