casaWare Ceramic Angel Food Cake Pan 9.5-Inch
Last updated date: July 2, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Angel Food Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Angel Food Pan you should buy.
In our analysis of 38 expert reviews, the casaWare casaWare Ceramic Angel Food Cake Pan 9.5-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 15, 2020:
Checkout The Best Angel Food Pan for a detailed review of all the top angel food pans.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Ideal for elegant and effortless angel food cakes. Also great for dump cakes, pull apart breads and pound cakes. The carbon steel construction combined with the hi temp non-stick ceramic coating makes for a great baking experience.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Angel Food Pans
If you’re looking for a dessert you can enjoy without all the guilt, consider an angel food cake. It’s generally free of fat and cholesterol and can be made with artificial or plant-based sweeteners if sugar is an issue. As for calories, angel food cake comes in around 72 calories per slice. To make an angel food cake from scratch, you’ll need a quality angel food pan.
When shopping for the best angel food cake pan, you’ll quickly discover the pans come in either one or two pieces. If you go with a model that is made from one solid piece, you’ll need to either make sure the pan is properly greased or that it comes with a nonstick coating. The Calphalon Nonstick Angel Food Cake Pan, 10-inch uses a nonstick coating that has been upgraded to release twice as easily as previously designed models.
Review the material used to construct the angel food pan. A heavy-gauge aluminized steel, like that of the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Angel Food Pan, 9-Inch, is ideal, as it heats evenly. That means you won’t have to worry about the inside of the cake being raw when the outside is cooked.
As you browse the available angel cake pan models, you’ll want to keep an eye out for pans with thick, rolled edges, as these are designed to prevent warping. Don’t forget to check the pan’s temperature limits. Some pans are oven safe up to 425 F, while others are safe at temperatures as high as 500 F.
Consider any angel food pans that have something special to offer. For example, the Nordic Ware Heavyweight Angel Food Cake Pan, 10-Inch has taller sides, while the CHEFMADE 4-Piece Mini Angel Food Cake Pan Set, 3.5-Inch allows you to cook single-serving angel food cakes instead of one big cake.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that angel food cakes are used as wedding cakes by the Pennsylvania Dutch? Here are a few more interesting facts about this tasty dessert.
- No one knows who first created the angel food cake, but food historians believe the cake dates back to the 1800s.
- National Angel Food Cake Day is Oct. 1.
- Because angel food cake is so light, it is sometimes referred to as “food for the angels.”
The Angel Food Pan Buying Guide
- It is best if you stick with plastic or wooden utensils when working with an angel food pan. Metal utensils may scratch the surface of the pan and remove some of the nonstick coating.
- Check the product care label before washing your angel food cake pan for the first time. Some are dishwasher safe, while other must be washed by hand. If you need to hand-wash the pan, use a mild dish soap, hot water and a non-abrasive sponge.
- There are a variety of fun ways you can dress up your angel food cake. You can use a ready-to-use fondant to cover the cake or spray the cake with an edible food coloring. You can top the cake with a little whipped cream and fresh fruit, or apply an icing and top it with a few sprinkles. Consider drizzling a chocolate, raspberry or caramel sauce over the cake. If you prefer, you can bake a little flavor into the cake using crushed pineapples, almond extract or mashed bananas.
- Angel food cake goes great with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Angel food cake must be cooled upside-down in the pan. Some people turn theirs upside-down on an empty wine bottle, but the Wilton Angel Food Cake Pan, 7-Inch has cooling legs that make it easy to let the cake cool on any flat surface.
- The cost of an angel food pan is dependent upon the pan’s construction and size. You’ll find the Nordic Ware Heavyweight Angel Food Cake Pan, 10-Inch comes in on the lower end of the price scale, while the Calphalon Nonstick Angel Food Cake Pan, 10-inch and the CHEFMADE 4-Piece Mini Angel Food Cake Pan Set, 3.5-Inch both have a moderate price. You’ll pay the most for the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Angel Food Pan, 9-Inch.