CareFusion Stop Snoring Chin Strap
Last updated date: August 10, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Snoring Chin Straps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Snoring Chin Strap you should buy.
Editor's Note August 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Snoring Chin Strap for a detailed review of all the top snoring chin straps.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the CareFusion CareFusion Stop Snoring Chin Strap placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Tiara Medical Systems has designed a comfortable, easy to use, and effective extra large adjustable chin strap for CPAP patients. A snug and secure design ensures that the patient's chin will be held in place while the patient enjoys a comfortable sleep experience. This attractive CPAP chin strap comes in a muted tan, and is completely adjustable and universal. All the same benefits of Tiara Ruby chin strap, with the convenience of Velcro, adjustable straps. Please note: CPAP chin straps are generally recommended for patients who experience their mouth or jaw dropping open during sleep. If you are not sure if a chin strap is the solution for you, please contact your physician, or call us. We may be able to advise you.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Snoring Chin Straps
Heavy snoring is a common genetic trait that becomes more prevalent as you age. In fact, about 50% of people snore at some point in their lives. The biggest issue most habitual snorers face? The harsh sounds disrupt the slumber of their partner (or roommate), particularly if he or she is a light sleeper. Enter: the anti-snoring chin strap, an affordable device that wraps over the head and supports the chin to keep your mouth closed while your sleep.
By keeping users’ jaws shut while they sleep, snoring chin straps stop air from traveling to and from the throat, minimizing the vibration of tissues that cause snorers to make loud, disruptive sounds. Since the device closes your mouth while you sleep — helping you breathe through your nose — it is best for those who want to alleviate mouth-based snoring.
Typically made from a flexible fabric or synthetic rubber like neoprene, snoring chin straps can vary in size (some brands offer small, regular and large options) and ability to adjust to your individual head shape. But the alterations in design are minimal. The portable, one-piece device is often equipped with an adjustable Velcro strap that is fastened on the top of your head and has holes for your ears.
One of the biggest benefits to snoring chin straps is that they are non-invasive, in comparison to other anti-snoring products that must be worn inside your mouth, such as the tongue stabilizing device, which is designed to hold your tongue forward, or the mandibular advancement device, which is designed to advance the jaw forward.
This minimizes issues such as tooth pain and jaw discomfort and makes them ideal for those who wear dentures. The devices, which typically come in solid, basic colors like black, red and blue, are also easy to clean (many are made of machine-washable fabric) and require minimal maintenance. Similar to the size of a headband, it also takes up zero space and is a convenient, compact product to throw in an overnight bag.
If used properly, a snoring chin strap may help you avoid a sleep divorce, when couples decide to sleep in separate beds or bedrooms. Sweet dreams!
The Snoring Chin Strap Buying Guide
- Invest in a snoring chin strap constructed from lightweight, flexible fabric to ensure you’ll be comfortable wearing it to sleep nightly. Correct adjustment and fitting is important to achieve positive results with the product.
- Review the manufacturer’s directions for cleaning instructions, but avoid putting the device in the dryer to prevent shrinkage.
- Keep in mind that there are many other factors that can influence snoring, including but not limited to a person’s mouth anatomy, alcohol consumption, nasal issues and sleep position. You are more likely to snore if you are male and/or overweight. Sleeping on your back, which increases gravity’s effect on the throat and airway, also results in louder snoring.
- Since it helps users breathe through their noses, the snoring chin strap is a better option for those who don’t suffer from blocked nasal packages due to a cold or allergies.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide