CAP Barbell 40lbs Adjustable Dumbbell
Last updated date: December 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Adjustable Dumbbells you should buy.
Update as November 29, 2021:
Checkout The Best Adjustable Dumbbells for a detailed review of all the top .
Even though the CAP Barbell 40lbs Adjustable Dumbbell has a budget-friendly price tag, it doesn't lack in quality construction. The cast iron plates are solid and feature a semi-gloss finish that resists rust. Additionally, the threaded rubber trim collars keep the weights securely in place. So, you don't ever have to worry about them slipping off the handles. We liked how simple and classic this set was during our testing.
In our analysis of 195 expert reviews, the CAP Barbell 40lbs Adjustable Dumbbell placed 11th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Versatile dumbbell set for beginners or experienced weightlifters Easily and quickly expand your home gym Several weight combinations – heavy enough for light chest presses, light enough for bicep curls and tricep extensions Machined-grip, threaded steel bars with spin-lock collars for safety and security Convenient and durable carrying case for simple storage and transport Set includes four 2.5-pound plates, four 5-pound plates, two threaded bars, four spin-lock collars, and carrying case Manufacturer’s warranty included – see Product Guarantee for complete details CAP Barbell is a leading distributor and provider of fitness equipment. Launched in 1982 with a small inventory of free weights and benches, CAP Barbell has grown over the past 20+ years to include more than 600 products in 10 categories. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, CAP Barbell is dedicated to providing quality fitness equipment at competitive prices, by constructively designing, accurately testing, and manufacturing its products to perfection. Fully adjustable dumbbell – up to 40 lbs.. Create several weight combinations. Threaded steel bar with spin-lock collars. Includes sturdy carrying case . Manufacturer’s warranty included . Enjoy the versatility of gym equipment from the comfort of your own home with the Cap Barbell 40 Pound Dumbbell Set. Equipped with four 2.5-pound plates, four 5-pound plates, and two handles and collars, the set allows you to work with a variety of interchangeable weights in one easy-to-use and store set. The sturdy plastic carry case keeps the weights organized and accessible when not in use and also makes it possible to carry your weights with you so you never have to leave your training regimen behind. Designed for high-performance comfort, the Cap Barbells feature ergonomic grips, comfort handles, and rubber trim collars. The durable cast iron plates have a semi-gloss finish for long-term rust- and maintenance-free use, and the collars are threaded for a safe and secure fit to the handles. The carry case is not bulky, measuring just 20 inches long by 9 inches wide, and weighs 41.15 pounds in total.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
When it comes to gym equipment, dumbbells are the most versatile. They are an excellent tool for building muscle, and they can be used by almost anyone. Whether you are a novice with a physical limitation or an advanced athlete, adjustable dumbbells can be incorporated into your workout routine. For example, you can use low-weight dumbbells while seated, or add pounds to the dumbbells to use while standing.
Perhaps the first feature you’ll want to look for when shopping for adjustable dumbbells is shape. While the majority of dumbbells are made up of the traditional wheels with a metal bar in between, there are models with a square or hexagon shape. There are several benefits to each design. For example, dumbbells that have a square shape will rest flat on the ground. That means you’ll be able to do push-ups off of them. Of course, the circular models may feel more comfortable to hold, depending on your preferences.
Next, determine your total goal in pounds for lifting weights. Look for a set of dumbbells that will allow you to work your way up to that specific weight. So if you want to max out at 50 pounds, you don’t want to buy a set of adjustable dumbbells that only offer a total of 40 pounds. Otherwise, you’d never reach your goal, or you’d have to fork over money for a new set of dumbbells.
While reviewing the total weight, you’ll also need to look for the starting weight and what increments the dumbbell set uses to work you up to your total goal weight. Are there 2.5, 3 or 5-pound increments? Is it easy to add each new weight to the dumbbell? You want to be able to work at your own pace to reach your desired results.
Make sure the set of free weights you’re interested in is made of quality material. It is common to see adjustable dumbbells made of metal, rubber or metal and rubber.
Consider whether the dumbbells have any special features. For example, some models have ergonomic grips so your hands don’t slip when you start to work up a sweat. You’ll also want to look for threaded collars that allow for a more secure fit, a finish that prevents rust and corrosion and weights that are compact enough to fit in your storage space.
The Adjustable Dumbbells Buying Guide
- To maintain your free weights and keep them in excellent shape, you’ll need to set them down carefully at the end of each session, instead of throwing them on the floor. Not only is this bad for the dumbbells, but it could potentially damage your floors as well. Equally as important is not banging the free weights together.
- Cleaning is also essential to your maintenance routine. Simply mix a little dish soap in warm water, and use the solution to wipe down your gear. Afterward, you’ll need to take a clean dry cloth and dry off the dumbbells. If you allow the weights to air dry, they may rust, so don’t skip this step unless your dumbbells are made entirely of rubber.
- Even though adjustable dumbbells can be used by almost anyone, it is still important to learn the proper form before attempting to exercise with the free weights. You’ll want to check out reputable online videos or consult with a personal trainer to learn the best way to use the equipment so that you don’t pull or injure your muscles in any way.
- Some adjustable dumbbell models come with expansion kits. For example, some dumbbells are up to 50 pounds, but workout enthusiasts who want to push themselves can often order a 70- to 90-pound expansion kit without having to purchase a whole new set of free weights. This is an excellent option to have if you think anyone in the home may eventually surpass their original goals.
- Look for the opportunity to connect to the company’s app. Bowflex has a free download that its customers can take advantage of. With the app, you can create a workout, follow workouts that are already downloaded to the app and track your progress in the area of physical fitness.
- The price for adjustable dumbbells varies based on features and the total weight offered. No matter what, you’re sure to find a set that fits your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide