Calphalon Classic Nonstick Dutch Oven Pot, 7-Quart
Last updated date: August 3, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nonstick Pots and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nonstick Pot you should buy.
Editor's Note July 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Nonstick Pot for a detailed review of all the top nonstick pots.
The Calphalon Nonstick Dutch Oven with Cover has a dual-layer non-stick for easy food release. The handles are coated in silicone, so they stay cool while cooking. We love that this pot even has a built-in strainer in the lid, perfect for making pasta.
In our analysis of 88 expert reviews, the Calphalon Calphalon Classic Nonstick Dutch Oven Pot, 7-Quart placed 6th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Calphalon Classic Nonstick 7-Quart Dutch Oven with Cover features convenient fill lines, a straining cover, and pour spouts to help you save time in the kitchen. This covered Dutch oven is made with dual-layer nonstick for extra-easy food release and cleanup, and is constructed from durable hard-anodized aluminum for fast and even heating. The large capacity nonstick Dutch oven is ideal for baking chickens, searing or braising meats, then finishing dishes in the oven. Use it for chili, stews, soups and one-pot family meals. Loop handles fit easily in the oven and make the pan easy to carry from oven to table for serving.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nonstick Pots
Nonstick pots are a kitchen staple for many cooks. However, with so many different types of pots around, how do you know whether you need one that’s nonstick or not? If you’re looking to cut calories by reducing the amount of cooking fat you use, then a nonstick pot can be of great use. Because the surface of the pot is slippery, you don’t need to use as much oil or butter during cooking. The food doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan, unlike other traditional cookware.
However, the advantages of a nonstick pot don’t stop there. In addition to helping you cut calories, a nonstick pot can also make cleanup easier. You don’t need to take any time to scrub off burnt-on food from the pans. Plus, nonstick pots are a great option for novice cooks. If you’re just learning how to master recipes in the kitchen, or you’ve got a lot of distractions at home like pets or young kids, then a nonstick pot will be more forgiving.
There are some things you’ll need to watch for when using a nonstick pot. Keep in mind that the surface of nonstick pots is fairly delicate, so it can be easily scratched with metal cooking utensils or a scouring pad. If you’re cooking something at a very high temperature, you probably shouldn’t use your nonstick pot, as the coating can melt when used on high heat. Plus, most nonstick pots are not dishwasher safe, so you will need to clean them by hand.
When you’re looking to buy a nonstick pot, be sure to pay attention to the kind of coating it has. Opt for pots that have a high number of nonstick coats. You’ll want around three coats for longevity. Feel the inside of the pot with your hand. If it’s rough, then it may only have one of two layers. If it’s smooth, then it will likely last longer.
The Nonstick Pot Buying Guide
- When you’re in the market for a nonstick pot, be sure to pay attention to the kind of nonstick coating the manufacturer uses. While no nonstick pot lasts forever, you want to ensure that you’re purchasing a durable pot that will last you at least a few years. Opt for a 12-piece set if you’re a cook who is building up your kitchen inventory. Typically, these sets come with an 8-inch frying pan, 10-inch frying pan, 1-quart saucepan with lid, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid and 5-quart Dutch oven with lid. You may even find a model that also includes a solid spoon and slotted spatula. As for the nonstick surface, look for a hard titanium-reinforced, scratch-resistant and toxin-free nonstick interior. The Concord Coppe-Ramic Copper Nonstick Pot, 7-Quart is a 7-quart pot that has a matching lid. The pot has a copper nonstick coating for easy food release. A 12-quart stockpot is perfect for making family-sized meals. Look for a model with a superior nonstick interior and exterior, making both cooking and cleanup a breeze. A 1-1/2-quart saucepan with lid made from a hard-anodized aluminum with a durable Quantanium nonstick coating is also a great choice.
- For many cooks, being able to transfer their nonstick pot from the stovetop to the oven is a necessity. Keep in mind that nonstick coating doesn’t always hold up to high temperatures, so you’ll need to be careful about how you use your nonstick pot. Even if the pot says that it is oven safe, the lid may not be. The Gotham Steel Copper Nonstick Pot, 5-Quart can be used in the oven up to a temperature of 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Many nonstick pots cannot go into the dishwasher, as the heat from the drying cycle can sometimes melt the nonstick coating. If you want to take advantage of being able to put pots into the dishwasher, be sure to read the care instructions for your pot. The Gotham Steel Copper Nonstick Pot, 5-Quart and the Concord Coppe-Ramic Copper Nonstick Pot, 7-Quart are both dishwasher-safe, making cleanup even easier.
- For many home cooks and professional chefs alike, the kind of lid the nonstick pot has is of the utmost importance. A solid metal lid keeps the heat inside while cooking but doesn’t allow anyone to see how the food is progressing. That’s why many cooks like having a glass lid for their nonstick pots. That way, you can easily check on your food without having to lift the lid and release any heat or steam in the process. The Concord Coppe-Ramic Copper Nonstick Pot, 7-Quart, the AmazonBasics 8-Piece Kitchen Cookware Set, the Gotham Steel Copper Nonstick Pot, 5-Quart all come with glass lids, making it easy to see the food while cooking.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide