BulbBotz Star Wars BB-8 KidsAlarm Clock
Last updated date: November 1, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kid Alarm Clocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kid Alarm Clock you should buy.
Update as September 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kid Alarm Clock for a detailed review of all the top kid alarm clocks.
In our analysis of 53 expert reviews, the BulbBotz Star Wars BB-8 KidsAlarm Clock placed 13th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Fly through the Galaxy with your new BB-8 BULBBOTZ clock, the perfect droid companion for any T-70 X-wing pilot. Press down on his head to activate the light up functions that will ensure you never stray off course. His backlit LCD screen and alarm functions will always alert you when danger is near. Use the buttons at the back to set his alarm and get him ready to fight!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kid Alarm Clocks
Sleep is so important for a child’s growth and development, but curious little ones don’t always want to go to sleep for fear of missing out on something older siblings or adults are doing. Alarm clocks are an excellent tool for teaching kids when they need to go to bed and when they need to wake up.
Alarm clocks are just one part of the often-humorous sleep timeline when it comes to kids, says our parenting and safe-sleep expert Kate Desmond.
“You spend the first several years of your child’s life trying to get them to go to sleep,” she says. “You then spend the next several years trying to get them to stay in their bed until it is an appropriate time (read: actual daytime) to get up. Finally, you graduate to the other side of the sleep rainbow in which you are begging them to get up with threats of ‘you’re going to be late’ and bribes of ‘Captain Crunch is downstairs.'”
When shopping for a child’s alarm clock, you’ll want to keep your child’s habits and age in mind.
Look for an alarm clock design that appeals to your child. There are models that remain simple and have a traditional look, units that are created in the shape of a friendly creature and clocks that come in the shape of a highly recognizable children’s toy, such as a Lego brick.
Select an alarm clock that has a built-in night light if your child is still a little afraid of the dark. This will give the child a sense of security so that they are able to stay in bed until it’s time to start a new day. Some clocks even come with a choice of night light colors, which is nice if your child has developed a favorite color.
“The best alarm clocks for toddlers have features like a built-in sound machine and nightlight,” Desmond says. “Bonus points if that light has multiple color options and a color indicator that tells them when it is time to sleep and when it is time to get up.”
Some kid alarm clocks turn green just like a traffic light to let kids know it’s okay to get up and start the day. This helps deter children from waking mom and dad up in the middle of the night.
Use an alarm clock that provides a little noise for children who can’t fall asleep in total quiet. The LittleHippo Mella Ready to Rise Children’s Alarm Clock has a built-in sound machine with three different settings to choose from. Little ones can pick from the rain, white noise or ocean settings, which will run softly in the background.
Keep your eye out for an alarm clock model that has a snooze button for older children and teens. Some models have a nine-minute snooze that gives kids a little more time to wipe the sleep out of their eyes and mentally prepare to start a new day.
Look for any extras that one model may have over another. Some kid alarm clocks have a countdown timer for naps and time-outs, while others have animated faces that open their eyes when it’s time to rise and shine and shut their eyes when it’s time to sleep.
Older children may also appreciate a multi-functional alarm clock, says Desmond.
“For older kids, look for features like Bluetooth to stream their devices so they can wake up to their favorite tunes. Some even have USB ports to charge other electronics,” she says.
The Kid Alarm Clock Buying Guide
- If you live in an area where the power goes out often, you may want to opt for a kid alarm clock that has a battery backup. This backup saves your settings so that once power is restored, you don’t need to reset the clock.
- Older children may have phones or tablets that need charging at the end of the day. You may be surprised to discover that several alarm clocks designed for children actually come with USB charging ports. That means the devices can be conveniently plugged in before bed as part of the evening bedtime routine.
- Check the alarm clock’s format to make sure it matches your preference. Some models come in a 12-hour format, while others use a 24-hour format. There are even alarm clocks that offer both, and you can choose your desired format simply by sliding a button.
- Kids with sensory processing disorders may not do well with alarm clocks that beep loudly. Other children may not wish to be completely startled awake by a loud noise either. If that sounds like your child, consider an alarm clock model that starts off with a soft and slow buzz. This noise gradually increases until your child is fully awake and able to turn the alarm off. This is a much gentler way to wake up a child.
- As you browse kid alarm clock prices, you’ll need to account for the design and the number of features the clock offers. The TooTa Temperature Detect 7-Color Kid Alarm Clock is affordably priced, however, the LittleHippo Mella Ready to Rise Children’s Alarm Clock commands a higher price due to its added sound machine, multiple light and alarm settings and cute digital face that changes expressions.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide