Brondell SS-150 Thinline SimpleSpa Self-Cleaning Bidet Attachment
Last updated date: August 19, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bidet Attachments and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bidet Attachment you should buy.
Editor's Note August 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bidet Attachment for a detailed review of all the top bidet attachments.
With this bidet attachment, you'll be able to adjust the pressure to your liking. The self-cleaning nozzle keeps the attachment hygienic, while the ergonomic controls make the attachment more functional. Since this model is on the thinner side, it won't create a gap in your toilet seat.
In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the Brondell Brondell Thinline SimpleSpa Bidet Attachment placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
At just 0.2 inches, the SimpleSpa is one of the thinnest attachments on the market. Its thin profile keeps your toilet seat level, unlike thicker attachments. This not only reduces the unsightly gap between your toilet seat and toilet bowl, it also eliminates the stress points that can cause seat cracking. The SimpleSpa’s durable brass and ceramic internal components won’t corrode or wear down and are protected by the sonic-sealed outer shell. This secure attachment body offers multiple layers of leak protection. Customize your wash experience with a quick turn of the control knob. The SimpleSpa comes with everything for a quick, easy installation, including a durable braided metal hose and metal t-valve. Features like the nozzle guard and retractable nozzle ensure that your wash is always clean and hygienic.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bidet Attachments
The popularity of bidets has steadily increased over the years in the United States. In fact, a 2019 research report conducted by Global Banking and Finance stated that by 2023 America will see an estimated $431 million in bidet sales, which is up from the $335 million the country saw in 2017.
Why are more people turning to bidets? In addition to increased cleanliness, bidets also reduce toilet paper use by 80%, which is excellent for the environment.
Not all bathrooms are big enough to accommodate the addition of a bidet, which is why bidet attachments are such an excellent alternative. They connect directly to your toilet, reducing the need to run expensive plumbing for a second device.
Begin your search for the best bidet attachment by looking for a model that is easy to install. For example, the TUSHY Classic Self-Cleaning Bidet Toilet Attachment doesn’t require any additional plumbing or the use of electricity. It also sets up in less than 10-minutes and comes with easy to follow instructions.
Review the bidet’s design next to ensure it is sturdy and durable. The Luxe Bidet Mechanical Bidet Attachment skips the use of cheap plastic and instead opts for high-pressure faucet quality valves with metal and ceramic cores and braided steel hoses. Its knobs are even chrome-plated for a more elegant feel.
Consider a bidet attachment that puts cleanliness and sanitation at the top of its priority list. Look for a model with an attachment that is outfitted with a hygiene nozzle guard gate. After each use, the nozzle retracts behind the guard to keep it protected until you’re ready to use it again.
Decide whether you’re only interested in a basic bidet attachment or one with all the bells and whistles. For example, the GenieBidet Self-Cleaning Dual Nozzle Bidet Toilet Attachment actually has separate nozzles for feminine and rear cleansing. It’s also possible to go with a model that allows you to select the amount of water pressure.
The Bidet Attachment Buying Guide
- Check to ensure that all of the plumbing required to install the bidet attachment is included with your purchase. Otherwise, you’ll need to buy the plumbing separately.
- Some reviewers reported that their bidet attachment raised the back of their toilet seat. They suggest purchasing toilet bumpers to solve this problem.
- Each time you clean your toilet, you’ll also need to clean your bidet attachment. The easiest way to do this is with a scrub-free bathroom cleaner. Spray the bidet’s nozzle thoroughly and at every angle. Some bidet attachments have a self-cleaning button. Should your model not offer this, wait 60 seconds and then rinse the area clean with water. Don’t forget to wipe down the controls on the side of the toilet with a disinfecting wipe.
- Since bidets are classified by the FDA as durable medical equipment, it may be possible to purchase one through your insurance.
- If you have any trouble installing your bidet attachment, call the customer service number listed on the product packaging for assistance.
- Make sure your bidet attachment is backed by some sort of guarantee. Some models actually come with an 18-month product warranty, which is plenty of time to discover whether the attachment has any concerning issues.
- There are bidet attachments available at a variety of price points. The prices are lower for more simple designs and higher for models that are loaded with extra features. The Luxe Bidet Neo 120 Bidet Toilet Attachment is one of the most affordable, while the Brondell Thinline SimpleSpa Bidet Attachment and the GenieBidet Self-Cleaning Dual Nozzle Bidet Toilet Attachment are more moderately priced. You’ll find the TUSHY Classic Self-Cleaning Bidet Toilet Attachment at the top of the price range.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide