Bounce Fabric Softener & Dryer Sheets
Last updated date: August 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fabric Softeners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fabric Softener you should buy.
Update as August 30, 2021:
Checkout The Best Fabric Softener for a detailed review of all the top fabric softeners.
A familiar name in fabric softening, Bounce dryer sheets soften fabric while reducing static cling. These sheets bring the added benefit of removing clingy items like pet hair. The scent on the dryer sheets ensures your clothing has a fresh, pleasant scent, no matter what laundry detergent you use.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Bounce Fabric Softener & Dryer Sheets placed 8th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
One 240 count box only. Helps reduce wrinkles. 1 sheet = Small & Medium loads. 2 sheets = Large & HE Full loads. 3 sheets = Extra Large & HE Full loads
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fabric Softeners
If you’ve ever owned a shirt that came out of the dryer feeling stiff, you know the value of fabric softener. Not only does it ensure your fabrics stay soft and comfortable, it can also help smooth out those wrinkles.
But when it comes to choosing a fabric softener, you’ll have some decisions to make. There are three major types on the market today:
- Dryer balls
- Dryer sheets
- Liquid softener
If softening is your top priority, liquid softener is the best, and you’ll want to buy a dedicated liquid fabric softener, rather than relying on the one that is included in your laundry detergent. Liquid softener is also better than sheets and balls at eliminating odors.
Dryer sheets win for convenience and affordability. Simply grab a sheet from the box and toss it in the dryer with your clothes to soften them and reduce static cling.
Dryer balls win in the eco-friendly category. They don’t tend to be as effective as liquid softener or dryer sheets, but they’re typically made of all-natural ingredients. Although they’re more expensive at the outset, you can use them repeatedly, so over time, the investment will pay off.
Dryer balls have another perk worth considering: Having them bounce around your dryer with your clothes is said to improve airflow, which can reduce drying time and cut your utility bill.
The Fabric Softener Buying Guide
- As when buying laundry detergent, you’ll need to make sure your washer isn’t labeled “high efficiency” (HE) before shopping for liquid fabric softener. If so, you’ll have to ensure the softener you buy is safe for HE washers.
- Although dryer balls are typically the safest option for households with skin sensitivities, they aren’t the only option. Some liquid softeners are now formulated to be safer for those consumers.
- After multiple washes, fabrics can fade. Some fabric softeners are formulated to reduce fading.
- Scent is an important factor when choosing fabric softeners. If you’re sensitive to scents, dryer balls may be the best option, as they are typically unscented. Check the scent on any liquid or sheet-based fabric softener you choose.
- If you have to take your fabric softener on the go with you, such as to a laundromat or shared laundry facility in a building, dryer sheets might be a better option. You can easily toss the box on top of your laundry in the basket and transport it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide